Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:17 am

Sergeant at Arms
Weird 80's Vespas & Cool Vintage Lambrettas

Sergeant at Arms
Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:17 am linkquote
I wanted to take a moment and post up about what a wonderful community we have here.

every single person I've sold or bought parts from has been smooth and easy, a pleasure really. and, more importantly it's been great to put faces to names and pour tall drinks and tell taller tales.

But voodoo hit the double down. on a sideways comment he sent the PK tat. and then when I posted about the oil tank debacle, like a day later? TWO oil tanks show up on my door step. unreal. (btw, I STILL need your paypal so I can shoot you some dough, jerk)

anyway, to all my homies here imma pour out a little of the 40 of king cobra.

>Birbs, for always talking beisbol AND talking me off the ledge when I'm gonna buy something nonsense.

>GeekLion, for buying my junk, selling me junk and keeping a firm hand on the rudder when I'm about to go off the rails and buy or sell junk. also, that beard is magnificent.

>AZ sending me a bunch of parts to complete my LML project and eventually taking a whole bunch of 50cc bikes off me! next time you need to take more boxes!

>CM just the BS sessions. man, you crack me up. but also the very subtle tuning advice. I *hate* talking on the phone and it was like 45min later that I realized I needed to go.

>DS you a mad man. stop buying things and stuffs! but also come buy my things and stuffs.

>mr. owens. well, where to start? diabolical. a terrible influence? can we leave it there? you're awful, and I'm glad that you're my friend.

>John, please to keep buying my junk. get that VBB sorted and take this P2 off my hands. but I wanna say, you're doing pretty work my dude. besides running outta gas on the Naraja Especial it's performed flawlessly.

>Ray, you're awful. I'll stash two of them beers so we can get after it when it's balls hot in late July or august. maybe we do a canyon ride and pound some bloody Mary's? it'd be a half way meet up!

>MJ, you're a class act. that's it, really. if you're rolling by and got the time, stop in and let's BS around. I'll buy the first round!

anyway, to cap this, y'all a bunch of good people. keep it up, jerks.
Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:24 am

Hooked
1968 VBB150

Hooked
1968 VBB150
Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:24 am linkquote
Cheers! Really wonderful group of people here.
Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:25 am

Moderibbit
1980 P200E - "Old Rusty", 1976 ET3 Primavera

Moderibbit
Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:25 am linkquote
it's definitely the best community i've been involved in
Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:38 am

Ossessionato
79 P200E (Ruby), 62 Allstate (B-62), 2008 Stella (Olive)

Ossessionato
79 P200E (Ruby), 62 Allstate (B-62), 2008 Stella (Olive)
Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:38 am linkquote
I've never belonged to better - I'm actually kind of a loner, so being part of this community is....well....very, very cool.... And literally, never belonged to better.

All three of my scooters are running, and running well, because of y'all. I've poured over old threads, new threads, spit coffee out from laughing at some of the threads, and have a great time checking out the stuff people are doing.

I've talked to many of you in person, and have your numbers in my phone. Here's a good one - when I was figuring out what and how to get the 60mm O-Tuning on the P200 that Chris is riding, I physically talked to MJ, Mattgyver, Voodoo, Chandlerman, GL, and I know I'm missing some people. That scooter is and was a group effort! And it's awesome!

And I hope everyone knows - if you're ever in the PNW, and specifically on the Central Oregon Coast (Florence, Oregon), hit me up and lets BS a while. I'll give you the tour of the area - on scooters of course! Sea Lion Caves, Yachats, and the famous Dos Amigos burrito joint.

Thanks for the community - you chuckleheads....
Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:39 am

Not So Moderator
VNB vsc o9c VMA vbc VSX

Not So Moderator
VNB vsc o9c VMA vbc VSX
Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:39 am linkquote
I'm just here for the ham.
Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:40 am

Not So Moderator
VNB vsc o9c VMA vbc VSX

Not So Moderator
VNB vsc o9c VMA vbc VSX
Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:40 am linkquote
No! I Kid.

Back at ya. AND, yes without any doubt the best little community out there. Truly.
Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:57 am

Sergeant at Arms

Sergeant at Arms
Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:57 am linkquote
Birdsnest wrote:
I'm just here for the ham.
You mean gifting of the hams and not receiving of the hams? Correct?

105 wins.
Labor Day.

Mark it.

*grins*
Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:07 am

Sergeant at Arms

Sergeant at Arms
Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:07 am linkquote
qascooter wrote:
I've never belonged to better - I'm actually kind of a loner, so being part of this community is....well....very, very cool.... And literally, never belonged to better.

All three of my scooters are running, and running well, because of y'all. I've poured over old threads, new threads, spit coffee out from laughing at some of the threads, and have a great time checking out the stuff people are doing.

I've talked to many of you in person, and have your numbers in my phone. Here's a good one - when I was figuring out what and how to get the 60mm O-Tuning on the P200 that Chris is riding, I physically talked to MJ, Mattgyver, Voodoo, Chandlerman, GL, and I know I'm missing some people. That scooter is and was a group effort! And it's awesome!

And I hope everyone knows - if you're ever in the PNW, and specifically on the Central Oregon Coast (Florence, Oregon), hit me up and lets BS a while. I'll give you the tour of the area - on scooters of course! Sea Lion Caves, Yachats, and the famous Dos Amigos burrito joint.

Thanks for the community - you chuckleheads....
100% this. Knowing that I can pick up the phone and ask a dumb question and then have a 45min discussion about nonsense.

Getting some real talk about some BS that I'm trying to sell.

Stashing a bike or two or three for friends that can't come get them or are hiding them from their significant others.

Knowing that I can roll up and buy a beer and have a beer with somebody I've never met but know all too well. That's the ticket.
Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:15 am

Molto Verboso
1979 P200E (sold) / ZNEN Amore 150 (sold) / Genuine Buddy 170i / Genuine Stella 4T /Aprilia Sportcity One 50

Molto Verboso
1979 P200E (sold) / ZNEN Amore 150 (sold) / Genuine Buddy 170i / Genuine Stella 4T /Aprilia Sportcity One 50
Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:15 am linkquote
Living vicariously through you all, but it's nice to even be on the periphery. You've all been a bucket of knowledge that has kept me from throwing in the towel more than once.

As far as the Oregon coast ... I've dreamed of riding a scoot up the 101. We've stayed in Newport a few times. Starfish Point, to be exact. Good memories.

And kudos to Greasy for saying nice stuff just because. People don't do that enough anymore.
Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:59 pm

Sergeant at Arms

Sergeant at Arms
Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:59 pm linkquote
seamus26 wrote:
Living vicariously through you all, but it's nice to even be on the periphery. You've all been a bucket of knowledge that has kept me from throwing in the towel more than once.

As far as the Oregon coast ... I've dreamed of riding a scoot up the 101. We've stayed in Newport a few times. Starfish Point, to be exact. Good memories.

And kudos to Greasy for saying nice stuff just because. People don't do that enough anymore.
live the dream man. I think I can get a bike going for ya. but not, like for the 101. maybe more over the 1 or PCH.

anyway, I thought it prudent to say something nice to my friends. even if you weren't mentioned, know that I'm thinking of ya.

I've recently lost two very close to me and I just thought it necessary to say: hey jerks, thanks for the good times and picking me up on the bad times. and like, don't croak on me please and thank you.
Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:09 pm

Moderibbit

Moderibbit
Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:09 pm linkquote
Ya no excuses - when all'y'all're in the ATL hit me up and we can talk nonsense and blow 2t smoke around.
Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:04 pm

Ossessionato
2 - Many

Ossessionato
2 - Many
Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:04 pm linkquote
Thanks greasy

I think the lack of snarkiness makes this place great. There is awesome knowledge here but I have never felt like I was being spoken down to.

It's a place where pros help hobbyists and once in a while a hobbyists comes up with something awesome that none of us thought of

I have gotten a few "Oh man that happened to me too" and it's nice to have a little empathy when needed.
Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:55 pm

Molto Verboso
Too Many piles of Junk that need too much work and too much money

Molto Verboso
Too Many piles of Junk that need too much work and too much money
Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:55 pm linkquote
Thanks Greasy! Kind words all around, and I'll throw em right back atcha. You're a kind supportive, and enthusiastic grease monkey and friend. Its always fun swapping parts, talkin trash, bs'in bout scooters and life; and talking each other off the proverbial ledge more than once. I look forward to our next sqwaking session over drinks and or strawberry Jam.
Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:28 pm

Addicted
'76 Vespa Rally 200

Addicted
'76 Vespa Rally 200
Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:28 pm linkquote
This place is great, thanks for saying so Greasy. I don't add too much, but I'm so grateful for all the seasoned scooterists on here who are so generous with their time and advice. I would add a shout-out to Ginchy for helping me out in so many different ways getting settled after I moved to Melbourne.

My new garage is almost done, then I can finally go over my Rally and get it back into shape for regular riding.
Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:22 am

Sergeant at Arms

Sergeant at Arms
Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:22 am linkquote
xantufrog wrote:
Ya no excuses - when all'y'all're in the ATL hit me up and we can talk nonsense and blow 2t smoke around.
bro, might be sooner than later! Dr. Mrs. might be chasing a big time job down that a way. and well, where dr. mrs. goes I goes. tool box in tow. with like, maybe a bike or three or whatever can fit in the u-haul.

but LA side. you know the door always be open. cold ones and tacos on me man.
Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:33 am

Sergeant at Arms

Sergeant at Arms
Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:33 am linkquote
ScooterRaton wrote:
Thanks greasy

I think the lack of snarkiness makes this place great. There is awesome knowledge here but I have never felt like I was being spoken down to.

It's a place where pros help hobbyists and once in a while a hobbyists comes up with something awesome that none of us thought of

I have gotten a few "Oh man that happened to me too" and it's nice to have a little empathy when needed.
while we deal in a bit of snark, everybody here is so free and giving with their knowledge and happy to share the information they know.

and, ball busting aside, that, to me is what makes this place real special. nobody is treated a fool, nobody is talked down to.

everybody here revels in the triumphs and knows, feels, and understands the failures. and then we say: well that sucks. we all been there. so, here's how to fix that. now get that POS running and go out for a ride. and if you happen on me? first round.

y'all are family.

I'm the crazy uncle. so, like, deal with it.

heres some fireworks and malt liquor.
Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:43 am

Sergeant at Arms

Sergeant at Arms
Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:43 am linkquote
GeekLion wrote:
Thanks Greasy! Kind words all around, and I'll throw em right back atcha. You're a kind supportive, and enthusiastic grease monkey and friend. Its always fun swapping parts, talkin trash, bs'in bout scooters and life; and talking each other off the proverbial ledge more than once. I look forward to our next sqwaking session over drinks and or strawberry Jam.
GL you're a rockstar.

we could BS our way thru at 12 pack and back again. we've bought and sold each other enough parts that we should have our own GDP notation. maybe. probably.

I'd guess between that and the late night texts, we could probably call it even!

wait long enough and there's gonna be plum jam my dude! you know that I've always got a jar of something kicking around for when you make the trek downtown!
Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:55 am

Sergeant at Arms

Sergeant at Arms
Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:55 am linkquote
autojack wrote:
This place is great, thanks for saying so Greasy. I don't add too much, but I'm so grateful for all the seasoned scooterists on here who are so generous with their time and advice. I would add a shout-out to Ginchy for helping me out in so many different ways getting settled after I moved to Melbourne.

My new garage is almost done, then I can finally go over my Rally and get it back into shape for regular riding.
you hit it on the head. sometimes it's the little things. a word of advice, a bit of encouragement, a wee bit of ball breaking, maybe a bet involving slices of hams.

but what makes us is that exactly.

hey, that's shit don't buy that. hey that's a really good deal you should totally buy that! it's fine, I'll go check it out it's close no biggie. oh, it's crap, pass on it. oh this one? I'll pick it up and store it for you till you come get it-- or like, hide it from your missus till you can take it home and act like it's TOTALLY one you already had....

here's how to do that better. here's how to do that easier. here's what you need to do that the right way the first time.

that is what delights me to no end.
Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:10 am

Addicted
'76 Vespa Rally 200

Addicted
'76 Vespa Rally 200
Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:10 am linkquote
I was moving from San Francisco to Melbourne, and offered to bring Ginch some parts. One thing led to another, and soon I was bringing him most of a small frame, chassis, motor, the works. Voodoo had the bits up in Seattle, gave them to Patrick who was heading back down to SF. Patrick dropped them at my place, and into the shipping container they went. It was like a bucket brigade stretching halfway around the globe!
Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:20 am

Sergeant at Arms

Sergeant at Arms
Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:20 am linkquote
autojack wrote:
I was moving from San Francisco to Melbourne, and offered to bring Ginch some parts. One thing led to another, and soon I was bringing him most of a small frame, chassis, motor, the works. Voodoo had the bits up in Seattle, gave them to Patrick who was heading back down to SF. Patrick dropped them at my place, and into the shipping container they went. It was like a bucket brigade stretching halfway around the globe!
rule number one: when Mr. Owens asks or offers, you answer.

but you also hit the lottery with G-money and Voodoo coming and going!

one day, in the future, you're not ever going to expect it. there's just going to be a package at your door. and it'll be some random ass vespa parts you casually mentioned in a nonsense thread as a throw away comment. or beer. that too. that happens sometimes.

remember, we're all a bunch of nonsense monsters! expect no less from our fellows.
Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:52 am

Veni, Vidi, Posti
'15 GTS300, '86 PX125EFL, '66 VBB, '04 Ninja 250

Veni, Vidi, Posti
'15 GTS300, '86 PX125EFL, '66 VBB, '04 Ninja 250
Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:52 am linkquote
I didn't comment earlier but I agree with everyone! When times are tough in life I lean on this hobby as a refuge and you all help that so much. Greasy's pile of cast-offs saved me last summer.

Where else can I find people to cheer me on trading a functioning bike for a pile of parts, then building an ugly slow VBB from a pile of parts nobody wanted and then turning around to trade that for more blown apart bikes??
Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:24 am

Lucky
76 Sprint V, 63 GL, 62 VBB, 05 Stella, 66 Smallstate, 08 Stella (for now)

Lucky
Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:24 am linkquote
While y'all were busy filling with thread with love, I was out in the workshop porting the BGM and buttoning up the cases for the VBB's motor, so I'm late to the game here. I shot a video about porting, but I didn't fill anything with love on camera.

I can't say enough how much I enjoy and benefit from this place, whether it's Greasy imagining telling Dr. The Mrs. over waffles that I left myself stranded because I didn't replace my pitted rims; learning what craziness CM2 is getting up to on any given day (finish the gates, dude! We miss you! ); seeing everyone's ride pictures; working ham into places it was never meant to go; MJ texting me from whatever ship he happens to be on; SoCal showing me how it's done with paint & bodywork; Ray8 teasing me to finally pull the trigger and get started welding; John finally doing some builds that don't run to 50 pages of tuning perfectionism ; Scott constantly reminding us he lives in one of the most photogenic places on earth. I don't have enough time or keystrokes to thank everyone for making this place what it is.

And not to get all maudlin, but I am where I am today in this hobby because of this forum. Chris (Vader) convinced me that working on motors and tuning them was something I could learn and do, starting me on a long, expensive, destructive, and thoroughly wonderful trip, and I am absolutely a better person for it.

Now, it's time to go finish putting that motor back together and see how it does with the BGM replacing the Malossi. And I'm going to put the venturi back on it, too, as soon as I'm certain the screw is going to stay in place.
Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:48 pm

Sergeant at Arms

Sergeant at Arms
Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:48 pm linkquote
sdjohn wrote:
I didn't comment earlier but I agree with everyone! When times are tough in life I lean on this hobby as a refuge and you all help that so much. Greasy's pile of cast-offs saved me last summer.

Where else can I find people to cheer me on trading a functioning bike for a pile of parts, then building an ugly slow VBB from a pile of parts nobody wanted and then turning around to trade that for more blown apart bikes??
J-MONEY, the breath of fresh air and willingness to take on the things and stuffs. bro. huge. and I'm glad they went to a happy place.

your journey of bringing those back has been nothing short of amazing. you a stud. deal wit it.

also, the naranja especial? to quote my late friend: the tits.

you done good did friend. know that.
Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:59 pm

Sergeant at Arms

Sergeant at Arms
Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:59 pm linkquote
chandlerman wrote:
While y'all were busy filling with thread with love, I was out in the workshop porting the BGM and buttoning up the cases for the VBB's motor, so I'm late to the game here. I shot a video about porting, but I didn't fill anything with love on camera.

I can't say enough how much I enjoy and benefit from this place, whether it's Greasy imagining telling Dr. The Mrs. over waffles that I left myself stranded because I didn't replace my pitted rims; learning what craziness CM2 is getting up to on any given day (finish the gates, dude! We miss you! ); seeing everyone's ride pictures; working ham into places it was never meant to go; MJ texting me from whatever ship he happens to be on; SoCal showing me how it's done with paint & bodywork; Ray8 teasing me to finally pull the trigger and get started welding; John finally doing some builds that don't run to 50 pages of tuning perfectionism ; Scott constantly reminding us he lives in one of the most photogenic places on earth. I don't have enough time or keystrokes to thank everyone for making this place what it is.

And not to get all maudlin, but I am where I am today in this hobby because of this forum. Chris (Vader) convinced me that working on motors and tuning them was something I could learn and do, starting me on a long, expensive, destructive, and thoroughly wonderful trip, and I am absolutely a better person for it.

Now, it's time to go finish putting that motor back together and see how it does with the BGM replacing the Malossi. And I'm going to put the venturi back on it, too, as soon as I'm certain the screw is going to stay in place.
hey, we all bore our drs. the mrs. with mundane nonsense. this is known.

sometimes we say that the raspberry car out side is actually blue. and then she questions it and goes to look and gets mad about you making a joke.

(she's still mad, btw)

but ultimately, you hit it. we all cajole, and tease and break balls and egg each other on. and that's what makes it. all of us cheering each other on, and saying: yeah! you can do! we got your back jerk! let's go! my junk kinda sorta runs. so let's go and ride.
Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:35 pm

Molto Verboso
71' Sprint Veloce , 05' Vespa PX150, 1978 P200E

Molto Verboso
71' Sprint Veloce , 05' Vespa PX150, 1978 P200E
Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:35 pm linkquote
We never followed up with some parts that I have and you were possibly interested, that would have been another score.
Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:46 pm

Sergeant at Arms

Sergeant at Arms
Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:46 pm linkquote
scooterist wrote:
We never followed up with some parts that I have and you were possibly interested, that would have been another score.
Many apologies. Hit me with a PM hombre. Let's party.
Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:07 pm

Addicted

Addicted
Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:07 pm linkquote
greasy125 wrote:
rule number one: when Mr. Owens asks or offers, you answer.

or beer. that too. that happens sometimes.

remember, we're all a bunch of nonsense monsters! expect no less from our fellows.
Mr Owens is indeed a true gentleman. Can't say we've met face to face, due to the pandemic!

That beer just had Greasy spelled all over it, IMO. Couldn't resist sending those 4 badboys out of much appreciation.

And yes, this is all nonsense.
My bikes die at the same spot down my hill(usually but not always from forgetting the fuel tap), right in front of my new friend's house.
"Why don't you just get a new scooter?!!"
(Have 2 MV's, but they just buzz by unnoticed)

Cheers to all you guys. Didn't even realize there was a dislike button until last week -- I'll never use it.
Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:09 pm

Lucky

Lucky
Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:09 pm linkquote
I forgot to mention this earlier in the week, but thanks to Terry/Voo Doo for the gift of an oil tank.

Now that the VBB is back in fighting shape and I have a non-leaky oil tank, I have no excuses for not finishing up the White Stella.

Thanks, Voo Doo!
Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:56 pm

Sergeant at Arms

Sergeant at Arms
Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:56 pm linkquote
Ray8 wrote:
Mr Owens is indeed a true gentleman. Can't say we've met face to face, due to the pandemic!

That beer just had Greasy spelled all over it, IMO. Couldn't resist sending those 4 badboys out of much appreciation.

And yes, this is all nonsense.
My bikes die at the same spot down my hill(usually but not always from forgetting the fuel tap), right in front of my new friend's house.
"Why don't you just get a new scooter?!!"
(Have 2 MV's, but they just buzz by unnoticed)

Cheers to all you guys. Didn't even realize there was a dislike button until last week -- I'll never use it.
for the record, I'm only going to drink two. that way we can have the other two when you come by! mark it my dude. it's getting warm. throw our gross feet in the pool, fire up the grill. we always got room for company. PSP stays on the shallow end, tho. she's terrified of the deep side.
Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:03 pm

Sergeant at Arms

Sergeant at Arms
Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:03 pm linkquote
chandlerman wrote:
I forgot to mention this earlier in the week, but thanks to Terry/Voo Doo for the gift of an oil tank.

Now that the VBB is back in fighting shape and I have a non-leaky oil tank, I have no excuses for not finishing up the White Stella.

Thanks, Voo Doo!
same same. V is putting me to shame. he sends parts and I can't pay him AND I actually have to finish working on these crap heaps. ughhh. the wooorrrrssssttt.

but no, really, T-money bailed my ass out this week. I have all the excuses in the world for all my other junk, but he came thru with stars and bells on to help me wrap out a job for a client and get one out of the shop and back on the road. for that, I'm thankful.

you good people, V.

know that there's always something cold to drink, a place to crash and decent meal downtown for ya.
Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:12 pm

Style Maven
'74 50s x3 '78 P200 E '84 Cosa '91 PK50XL2 '58 AllState '68 Sprint '80 50special and a '66(?) Super125

Style Maven
'74 50s x3 '78 P200 E '84 Cosa '91 PK50XL2 '58 AllState '68 Sprint '80 50special and a '66(?) Super125
Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:12 pm linkquote
Calm down, calm down. Some call it paying forward but I know I'm mostly just paying back. So many ppl have helped ME out of a jam, parts and good advice. And you especially, Sir GreaseMan, you know how it works coz it looks you been doing the same thing longer than me.

But yeah, we're not a bad bunch over the long haul - ppl come & go, but the spirit somehow stays good.
Maybe that good old 2T shifty mojo has just rubbed off on us?

Of course sometimes our fellow housemates and citizens etc think we are possessed, rather than merely obsessed .
Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:57 am

Sergeant at Arms

Sergeant at Arms
Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:57 am linkquote
V oodoo wrote:
Calm down, calm down. Some call it paying forward but I know I'm mostly just paying back. So many ppl have helped ME out of a jam, parts and good advice. And you especially, Sir GreaseMan, you know how it works coz it looks you been doing the same thing longer than me.

But yeah, we're not a bad bunch over the long haul - ppl come & go, but the spirit somehow stays good.
Maybe that good old 2T shifty mojo has just rubbed off on us?

Of course sometimes our fellow housemates and citizens etc think we are possessed, rather than merely obsessed .
bro. you know that you're never going to pay for a drink or a meal when you come to LA, right?

I mean, besides the fact that you're a bad influence, you're a stand up dude. you helped me out in a pinch two times over. AND you sent me that tat for the PK!

but it just reinforces, I don't want friends unless they're ridiculous people. boxes show up with nonsense. boxes go out with nonsense (ask birbs on that one!) people show up in the middle of the night to swap parts, others show up with the magic minivan that holds everything-- even if they don't want to take it.

I always try and throw that little something extra in when I ship off parts. a clutch nut, and tab washers. some cable top hats, extra cables, an adjuster or two or three, a dumb clamp or washer or some hardware. because, we've all fought that fight. that stupid thing that we forgot to order that one time. because I know it'll be appreciated by somebody that's trying to do the same work.

those of us buying, selling and trading parts are in it for the love of the game. while I'm doing it for a living, I still want to make sure I take care of my friends that are taking care of me.
Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:49 am

Moderibbit

Moderibbit
Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:49 am linkquote
greasy125 wrote:
bro, might be sooner than later! Dr. Mrs. might be chasing a big time job down that a way. and well, where dr. mrs. goes I goes. tool box in tow. with like, maybe a bike or three or whatever can fit in the u-haul.

but LA side. you know the door always be open. cold ones and tacos on me man.
Damn, that would be cool - we need more 2t in the ATL!
Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:02 am

Sergeant at Arms

Sergeant at Arms
Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:02 am linkquote
xantufrog wrote:
bro! I keep forgetting to hit you up. crazy times. just slammed at the moment. hang tight, I'll get with you shortly.

basically, please to buy my junks. but like, I'll throw in a bunch of extra 6 spring clutches and 3 Spd gear boxes!
Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:11 am

Moderibbit

Moderibbit
Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:11 am linkquote
greasy125 wrote:
bro! I keep forgetting to hit you up. crazy times. just slammed at the moment. hang tight, I'll get with you shortly.

basically, please to buy my junks. but like, I'll throw in a bunch of extra 6 spring clutches and 3 Spd gear boxes!
*mind churns with schemes and possibilities*
Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:35 am

Sergeant at Arms

Sergeant at Arms
Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:35 am linkquote
xantufrog wrote:
*mind churns with schemes and possibilities*
I heard that birbs and poi dog are into road trips.

just sayin...
Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:50 am

Lucky

Lucky
Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:50 am linkquote
xantufrog wrote:
ATL is only like a 3 hour drive from Nashville if you don't worry about pesky irritations like "speed limits" and "radar traps."
Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:02 am

Sergeant at Arms

Sergeant at Arms
Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:02 am linkquote
chandlerman wrote:
ATL is only like a 3 hour drive from Nashville if you don't worry about pesky irritations like "speed limits" and "radar traps."
diplomatic immunity.

I'm calling it.

also, I may OR may not be in possession of my friends 96 t-bird that may OR MAY NOT, possibly, maybe, be totally murked out with stealth things and stuff. ALLEGEDLY.

so, I'll meet you guys in Houston for tacos, like Wednesday? noon? birbs said he's buying them AND the gin!! woo! woo!
Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:27 am

Lucky

Lucky
Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:27 am linkquote
I like tacos. And gin.

Two of my favorite breakfast foods.
Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:28 am

Not So Moderator
VNB vsc o9c VMA vbc VSX

Not So Moderator
VNB vsc o9c VMA vbc VSX
Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:28 am linkquote
greasy125 wrote:
I heard that birbs and poi dog are into road trips.

just sayin...
This is true... The appeal is something about beef jerky as your only protein source for days and the regenerative properties of road dust.
Quote:
so, I'll meet you guys in Houston for tacos, like Wednesday? noon? birbs said he's buying them AND the gin!! woo! woo!
Mark it.
  DoubleGood Vespa Design  

All Content Copyright 2005-2022 by Modern Vespa. All Rights Reserved.

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.

Shop on Amazon Smile with Modern Vespa

[ Time: 0.0442s ][ Queries: 6 (0.0221s) ][ Debug on ][ 211 ][ Thing One ]