OP
@vrod avatar
UTC

300 gts super

@vrod avatar
300 gts super
UTC quote
Went to start my scooter this morning put the KEYN wouldn't start thought it was the battery bought a new battery but before that I went out and try to start it again and it started and when I got the battery I put it in and it wouldn't start when out the other morning put the key in and it started as this happened to anybody els went to start my scooter this morning put the KEYN wouldn't start thought it was the battery bought a new battery but before that I went out and try to start it again and it started and when I got the battery I put it in and it wouldn't start when out the other morning put the key And it started as this happen to anybody else and what do you do to fix it
@maggiegirl avatar
UTC

Addicted
2021 Primavera 150 touring, 2016 LXV 150 ie, 1978 Vespa P125, 2019 Piaggio Liberty 150

Addicted
@maggiegirl avatar
2021 Primavera 150 touring, 2016 LXV 150 ie, 1978 Vespa P125, 2019 Piaggio Liberty 150
UTC quote
Check curse, check all electric connections for corrosion and make sure they are all clean and snug. Check the battery with a multimeter or other electrical tester. Right now this sounds like the person who says 'my car won't run' and that leaves open a huge field or what it could be. Do the lights come on? Does the little indicators on the speedo light up, does the little fuel or engine light come on? Does the scooter make any noises when you turn the key? If noises, what sort does matter, as it helps locate or give a clue what the problem might be or where to start looking.
@fledermaus avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fledermaus avatar
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350
UTC quote
You will get more attention and help by posting this in General Discussion.
@birdsnest avatar
UTC

Not So Moderator
VNB VSC 09C VMA VSX - vbc vmb

Not So Moderator
@birdsnest avatar
VNB VSC 09C VMA VSX - vbc vmb
UTC quote
*moved*
@caschnd1 avatar
UTC

Grumpy Biker
1980 Vespa P200e (sold), 2002 Vespa ET4 (sold), 1949 Harley-Davidson FL

Grumpy Biker
@caschnd1 avatar
1980 Vespa P200e (sold), 2002 Vespa ET4 (sold), 1949 Harley-Davidson FL
UTC quote
I would suspect the starter solinoid (relay).

-Craig
@larrymk avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Vespa Super 300

Molto Verboso
@larrymk avatar
Vespa Super 300
UTC quote
so without trying to sound stupid, these are things I have done over the years. Make sure you key is in the on position, make sure your shutoff is turned to on, make sure you are holding the brake when starting, check the fuses. I have made all of those mistakes, including one leading to buying a new battery and finding that I had blown a fuse, likely the battery would need replacement soon but.....

larry
@znomit avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190 Friday afternoon special, Primavera, some pushbikes

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@znomit avatar
LX190 Friday afternoon special, Primavera, some pushbikes
UTC quote
Could you elaborate on "wouldn't start"?
When you turn the key do lights come on?
Does the starter spin?
Does the engine turn over?
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300

Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
UTC quote
LarryMK wrote:
so without trying to sound stupid, these are things I have done over the years. Make sure you key is in the on position, make sure your shutoff is turned to on, make sure you are holding the brake when starting and that the brake light comes on, check the fuses. I have made all of those mistakes, including one leading to buying a new battery and finding that I had blown a fuse, likely the battery would need replacement soon but.....

larry
Added the essential step that some miss.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0534s ][ Queries: 11 (0.0251s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]