OP
@finn avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
Vespa Primavera 150 (2019)/Mp3 Sport 500 HPE (2019)

Enthusiast
@finn avatar
UTC quote
Did anyone get this on their MP3?

I have had the dealer try install it, 3 times. Thing keeps failing when they try to flash the image onto the computer. Then it gets bricked.

Waiting on Piaggio to send a new one now.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

Thanks

PS Just want it cause I am a gadget geek and would love to be able to record everything about a ride and have one screen to look at to check the systems.
UTC

Hooked
Gilera Fuoco

Hooked
Gilera Fuoco
UTC quote
Don't know if this helps, but I managed to get an Autronics OBDii Trip Computer wired-up to the diagnostic socket, using a wiring adapter that was listed for Ducati / Fiat (3pin to OBDii).

I also have a Torque Pro OBDii to Bluetooth adapter that I use with an app on my Android phone on my car - and can't see any reason why that wouldn't work too.
@klaborde avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 MP3/250, 2012 GTS Super 300ie

Ossessionato
@klaborde avatar
2009 MP3/250, 2012 GTS Super 300ie
UTC quote
Re: Piaggio On Board Computer Ad-On (PMP)
Finn wrote:
Did anyone get this on their MP3?

I have had the dealer try install it, 3 times. Thing keeps failing when they try to flash the image onto the computer. Then it gets bricked.

Waiting on Piaggio to send a new one now.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

Thanks

PS Just want it cause I am a gadget geek and would love to be able to record everything about a ride and have one screen to look at to check the systems.
I have it on my 2016 500 Sport...
It's a Cute Gimmick but if I had to do it all over again I would have saved my money. The Dash Console has most of the same information.
I would prefer keeping my $1200+ iphone under the seat, also; it was a little bit of a distraction.

Keith,
Marietta, GA
OP
@finn avatar
UTC

Enthusiast

Enthusiast
@finn avatar
UTC quote
OK.

It has not been a good experience at all.

FirstPMP Unit they installed was bricked. THey worked on it for a week trying to get it to work. No good.

Then they got another one in.
They had it another 5 days.
Got the computer installed and it shows up and has BlueTooth. But they could not get it working with the APP.

They are not sure if the 2019 model is the issue or the app is. So now I have a computer on board waiting for an app update hoping it will work.

Totally not what I was expecting.
@roadster avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Kymco AK550

Molto Verboso
@roadster avatar
Kymco AK550
UTC quote
Finn wrote:
OK.

It has not been a good experience at all.

FirstPMP Unit they installed was bricked. THey worked on it for a week trying to get it to work. No good.

Then they got another one in.
They had it another 5 days.
Got the computer installed and it shows up and has BlueTooth. But they could not get it working with the APP.

They are not sure if the 2019 model is the issue or the app is. So now I have a computer on board waiting for an app update hoping it will work.

If its any consolation the Noodoe App for my Kymco is just as bad. Every time I try to use it it needs updating and then resyncing with the scooter. This often means reinstalling the settings for the console display. The Bluetooth interface also drains both the phone battery and the Kymco battery. I have found that apps for domestic electronic equipment are also very poor and unreliable. The software development model for them seems to result in very poor quality of programming by "coders" who don't understand the products.
@mpfrank avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2020 MP3 500 HPE Sport ABS/ASR
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora Reina de los Ángeles sobre el Río Porciúncula

Ossessionato
@mpfrank avatar
2020 MP3 500 HPE Sport ABS/ASR
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora Reina de los Ángeles sobre el Río Porciúncula
UTC quote
Hi Finn,

The problem may be that you don't have an HPE model but they are trying to install the software that is written for that model. I'm wondering if the software for the 2016 - 2018 MP3 is different and if that would work.

I don't know this for a fact, but it might be worth checking out.

Of course, it could just be a buggy app.
@hillbilly_fred avatar
UTC

Hooked
2019 MP3 hpe 500 sport Advanced " Missy "

Hooked
@hillbilly_fred avatar
2019 MP3 hpe 500 sport Advanced " Missy "
UTC quote
mpfrank wrote:
Hi Finn,

The problem may be that you don't have an HPE model but they are trying to install the software that is written for that model. I'm wondering if the software for the 2016 - 2018 MP3 is different and if that would work.

I don't know this for a fact, but it might be worth checking out.

Of course, it could just be a buggy app.
To tell the truth. Idon`t think his is an HPE. The Transmission cover and Muffler are thne same as the regular MP3
⬆️    About 2 years elapsed    ⬇️
@mtoakey avatar
UTC

Florida Man
MP3 500 HPE Sport Advanced

Florida Man
@mtoakey avatar
MP3 500 HPE Sport Advanced
UTC quote
Finn wrote:
OK. So now I have a computer on board waiting for an app update hoping it will work.

Greetings, any update on the whole PMP/Computer issue that you wish to share ???
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0624s ][ Queries: 11 (0.0348s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]