OP
UTC

2020 Vespa GTS300HPE

2020 Vespa GTS300HPE
UTC quote
Am I losing my mind ? I've popped the left knee cover off 3 times trying to find the alarm interface plug so that I can tap into the plug for 12VDC switched power. I have seen pictures on earlier GTS models where the connector is right there in plain sight, or tucked down slightly away. Has there been a change in which the plug was relocated, eliminated, or revised ? Thanks
@wolfeboats avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
2020 GTS 300 HPE

Enthusiast
@wolfeboats avatar
2020 GTS 300 HPE
UTC quote
The alarm plug is right where it always was. What's different is the plastic leg shield doesn't have an access hole, just slots outlining the hole.

Robot has a video showing using a knife cutting between the slots to create the access hole.
OP
UTC

2020 Vespa GTS300HPE

2020 Vespa GTS300HPE
UTC quote
I cut the panel out weeks ago, still not seeing the plug........
@mingo avatar
UTC

Hooked
GTS300 SuperSport ABS

Hooked
@mingo avatar
GTS300 SuperSport ABS
UTC quote
If you find it, please let us know and post a pic if you can, as I'm interested in moving over my plug'n'play alarm interface plug from my current GTS to HPE GTS.
@wolfeboats avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
2020 GTS 300 HPE

Enthusiast
@wolfeboats avatar
2020 GTS 300 HPE
UTC quote
Testastretta wrote:
I cut the panel out weeks ago, still not seeing the plug........
Mine (also 2020 HPE) was 2-3" below cutout.
OP
UTC

2020 Vespa GTS300HPE

2020 Vespa GTS300HPE
UTC quote
If it is the big white round connector, then I see it..... I was expecting a rectangular connector about the same size as the alarm interface adaptor plug ?
@lebo avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2018 GTS 300 Touring Rosso Vignola, 2020 BV 350 Matte Green, 1956 VL3

Molto Verboso
@lebo avatar
2018 GTS 300 Touring Rosso Vignola, 2020 BV 350 Matte Green, 1956 VL3
UTC quote
They have been round for a few years
@mingo avatar
UTC

Hooked
GTS300 SuperSport ABS

Hooked
@mingo avatar
GTS300 SuperSport ABS
UTC quote
Testastretta wrote:
If it is the big white round connector, then I see it..... I was expecting a rectangular connector about the same size as the alarm interface adaptor plug ?
Are you able to post a pic of its location? Thanks.
⬆️    About 27 days elapsed    ⬇️
@giallo avatar
UTC

Addicted
GTS 300 hpe

Addicted
@giallo avatar
GTS 300 hpe
UTC quote
Alarm and GTS 300 HPE
Websites currently list the alarm sold by Piaggio as not fitting any ABS models.

Since there still is an alarm connector, which alarm does fit a modern Vespa with ABS (i.e. the GTS 300 HPE)?

Living in NYC, I have no illusions that an alarm will hinder anyone determined to steal a Vespa, though at least it might alarm me and be part of a security system.
@safis avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
1979 P150X, 1983 P200E, 1987 PK125XL Elestart, 1988 T5, 1995 PX200E, 2011 Yamaha Fazer 600 S2

Ossessionato
@safis avatar
1979 P150X, 1983 P200E, 1987 PK125XL Elestart, 1988 T5, 1995 PX200E, 2011 Yamaha Fazer 600 S2
UTC quote
Piaggio has given us the following part codes for the HPE. I assume they're universal...

Alarm: 1D001770
Wiring: 1D001795
@giallo avatar
UTC

Addicted
GTS 300 hpe

Addicted
@giallo avatar
GTS 300 hpe
UTC quote
SaFiS wrote:
Piaggio has given us the following part codes for the HPE. I assume they're universal...

Alarm: 1D001770
Wiring: 1D001795
Thank you! The info available online didn't seem very clear to me
@af1_racing avatar
UTC

Sponsor

Sponsor
@af1_racing avatar
UTC quote
the part numbers posted above are correct.
⬆️    About 1 year elapsed    ⬇️
@rallygeek avatar
UTC

Hooked
Polaris Grey Rally 200, Blue Marine Primavera ET3, Coral Red 50 Special

Hooked
@rallygeek avatar
Polaris Grey Rally 200, Blue Marine Primavera ET3, Coral Red 50 Special
UTC quote
Yes the alarm connector on the abs and hpe models is harder to find, the round one isn't in the same place as the earlier models. On mine it was taped and clamped just below the horn.

I have just done an install on my 2018 GTS 300 abs and it all installs fine. My wiring set up for the abs seemed to be slightly different from the instructions there was supposed to be an earth wire from abs system to the indicator relay bracket but it wasn't there.

Has anybody got an idea how to get the system into programming mode. The instructions that come with the alarm are badly translated from Italian which makes them hard to follow. It says to turn the alarm off and on 3 times with a 0.5 second gap and it is put into programming mode but I can't get it to work.

Paul
@harbinger avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2023 Arancia Impulsivo Vespa GTS300 HPE , 2022 BMW R1250GSA 40th Anniversary, 2019 Ural Gear Up

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@harbinger avatar
2023 Arancia Impulsivo Vespa GTS300 HPE , 2022 BMW R1250GSA 40th Anniversary, 2019 Ural Gear Up
UTC quote
Rallygeek wrote:
Yes the alarm connector on the abs and hpe models is harder to find, the round one isn't in the same place as the earlier models. On mine it was taped and clamped just below the horn.

I have just done an install on my 2018 GTS 300 abs and it all installs fine. My wiring set up for the abs seemed to be slightly different from the instructions there was supposed to be an earth wire from abs system to the indicator relay bracket but it wasn't there.

Has anybody got an idea how to get the system into programming mode. The instructions that come with the alarm are badly translated from Italian which makes them hard to follow. It says to turn the alarm off and on 3 times with a 0.5 second gap and it is put into programming mode but I can't get it to work.

Paul
It is kind of mind blowing that companies the size of Piaggio cannot get localization better. Don't get me wrong they are far from the only ones but still... Both my Ural and BMW manual have a few tiny issues but nothing that matters. A Vespa is a premium scooter and documentation should be properly translated to English from Italian for everything officially Piaggio. Italian accessory manufacturers I can give a pass to but not Piaggio proper.
UTC

Hooked
2020 Vespa GTS Touring 300

Hooked
UTC quote
Rallygeek wrote:
If you figure it out let us know.

You might see if your dealer will help - but I can say that mine has refused, and Vespa won't deal with the end user on this. Likely because from what I can tell the alarm unit needs a firmware update they haven't delivered.

For documentation I found it was better going to the Italian and translating that via Google to clear up some of the functional points. However as you have noticed in the USA we can't reliably get into programming mode likely because it doesn't come with the electronic key that's documented - that appears to be needed to enter programming node. For my scooter, I know that it's not referring to the the scooter key or master.

In my experience I wasted alot of money having the dealer install this- because if you ever loose your original alarm fob you won't be able to disable the alarm until you remove the unit from the scooter.
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
UTC quote
Harbinger wrote:
It is kind of mind blowing that companies the size of Piaggio cannot get localization better.
I don't think Piaggio worries much about how their products are used outside of Italy by non-Italians.
@harbinger avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@harbinger avatar
UTC quote
bosco12 wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
It is kind of mind blowing that companies the size of Piaggio cannot get localization better.
I don't think Piaggio worries much about how their products are used outside of Italy by non-Italians.
That's a bit strange for a publicly traded company.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0093s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0032s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]