OP
UTC

Lurker
ET 125
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1
Location: Tunbridge Wells
 
Lurker
ET 125
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1
Location: Tunbridge Wells
UTC quote
What's a good iphone holder (so I can use satnav)
Thanks
@northernerbill avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
lx 50
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1060
Location: Brighton
 
Molto Verboso
@northernerbill avatar
lx 50
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1060
Location: Brighton
UTC quote
Oxford do some, mines iPhone specific
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@web-tech avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350, 2020 Vespa Sei Giorni, 2008 Vespa S150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8951
Location: Ashburn, Va. Home to the Internet
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@web-tech avatar
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350, 2020 Vespa Sei Giorni, 2008 Vespa S150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8951
Location: Ashburn, Va. Home to the Internet
UTC quote
I have fallen in love with my new Quad Lock. Check it out.
@jet_peddler avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
'07 LX150 (Sold), '17 GTS300, '16 BV350, '15 EN650, '09 FXDF (sold). '15 FLSTN
Joined: UTC
Posts: 5664
Location: Home of the Alamo
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@jet_peddler avatar
'07 LX150 (Sold), '17 GTS300, '16 BV350, '15 EN650, '09 FXDF (sold). '15 FLSTN
Joined: UTC
Posts: 5664
Location: Home of the Alamo
UTC quote
I use a Ram Mount. Does a good job, but could be better. Tough to get the plus sized iPhones in and out. Particularly hard to get the rubber leash in place as well.
UTC

Banned
2009 GTS 250, 2013 Buddy 125, 2014 Triumph Bonneville
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2038
Location: North Jersey
 
Banned
2009 GTS 250, 2013 Buddy 125, 2014 Triumph Bonneville
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2038
Location: North Jersey
UTC quote
Company called interphone

You can also find them on Amazon
@web-tech avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350, 2020 Vespa Sei Giorni, 2008 Vespa S150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8951
Location: Ashburn, Va. Home to the Internet
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@web-tech avatar
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350, 2020 Vespa Sei Giorni, 2008 Vespa S150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8951
Location: Ashburn, Va. Home to the Internet
UTC quote
Jet Peddler wrote:
I use a Ram Mount. Does a good job, but could be better. Tough to get the plus sized iPhones in and out. Particularly hard to get the rubber leash in place as well.
That is what stopped me from buying the x mount. I don''t want a mount that needs a safety tether.
@troutbum avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2012 Kymco Like 200i (Sold), 2018 FLSL
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2756
Location: San Jose, CA
 
Ossessionato
@troutbum avatar
2012 Kymco Like 200i (Sold), 2018 FLSL
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2756
Location: San Jose, CA
UTC quote
WEB-Tech wrote:
I have fallen in love with my new Quad Lock. Check it out.
I loved mine. My kid decided he wanted it for his bike. I'll be ordering another
@25bikez avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2022 Liberty 150S-"Meg"-SOLD
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1163
Location: Texas
 
Molto Verboso
@25bikez avatar
2022 Liberty 150S-"Meg"-SOLD
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1163
Location: Texas
UTC quote
RAM has a new style mount that's more secure than the X-grip and doesn't need the tether. I posted pics on another phone mount thread. It's adjustable for size.
@web-tech avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350, 2020 Vespa Sei Giorni, 2008 Vespa S150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8951
Location: Ashburn, Va. Home to the Internet
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@web-tech avatar
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350, 2020 Vespa Sei Giorni, 2008 Vespa S150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8951
Location: Ashburn, Va. Home to the Internet
UTC quote
25BIKEZ wrote:
RAM has a new style mount that's more secure than the X-grip and doesn't need the tether. I posted pics on another phone mount thread. It's adjustable for size.
If it doesn't LOCK in place it's not safe.
I would use the quad lock on an ATV or dirt bike off road.
@25bikez avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2022 Liberty 150S-"Meg"-SOLD
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1163
Location: Texas
 
Molto Verboso
@25bikez avatar
2022 Liberty 150S-"Meg"-SOLD
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1163
Location: Texas
UTC quote
WEB-Tech wrote:
25BIKEZ wrote:
RAM has a new style mount that's more secure than the X-grip and doesn't need the tether. I posted pics on another phone mount thread. It's adjustable for size.
If it doesn't LOCK in place it's not safe.
I would use the quad lock on an ATV or dirt bike off road.
Have you even used the new style? 10 years of RAM mount use without a failure. I think they know their business.
UTC

Enthusiast
2012 GTS & '04 ET4
Joined: UTC
Posts: 97
Location: Montgomery, TX
 
Enthusiast
2012 GTS & '04 ET4
Joined: UTC
Posts: 97
Location: Montgomery, TX
UTC quote
I have limited use with it at present (only 100 miles or so since I got it last weekend), but I opted for a TackForm mount. Seems to hold the phone securely and easy to get the phone in & out of the mount.

Dave
@pigletpilot avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Gina, 1965 Vespa 180SS, Bella,1968 Vespa 150 Super, Mia, 2017 Vespa Primavera 70th Anniversary 150ie, Gabriella, 2017 GTS300 ABS
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1894
Location: Hamilton/Kirikiriroa, NZ
 
Molto Verboso
@pigletpilot avatar
Gina, 1965 Vespa 180SS, Bella,1968 Vespa 150 Super, Mia, 2017 Vespa Primavera 70th Anniversary 150ie, Gabriella, 2017 GTS300 ABS
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1894
Location: Hamilton/Kirikiriroa, NZ
UTC quote
I have a Ram X mount that I put my 8 plus in virtually daily. I have the tether but only use it on longer rides. Around town I don't bother and the phone never moves. I have ridden on some rough roads with the tether on and again, no movement. It's a little bit hard to get on but having an expensive phone hit the tarmac would be a problem. 📱 🛵
@captain_jim avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2020 GTS 300 HPE
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1154
Location: south Texas
 
Molto Verboso
@captain_jim avatar
2020 GTS 300 HPE
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1154
Location: south Texas
UTC quote
The issue I have with the RAM X-mount with my iPHone 8 is having to be overly careful that the rubber feet on the X don't impact the buttons on the side of the phone. The phone moved just a bit after a big bump, and holding one of the buttons, it wanted to call 911! It gave me a few seconds to override that - just enough time to get to the side of the road to turn that off.

I use the Waze app most of the time when riding, because the GPS referenced speed on that is much more accurate than the speedometer on the scoot.
@25bikez avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2022 Liberty 150S-"Meg"-SOLD
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1163
Location: Texas
 
Molto Verboso
@25bikez avatar
2022 Liberty 150S-"Meg"-SOLD
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1163
Location: Texas
UTC quote
pigletpilot wrote:
I have a Ram X mount that I put my 8 plus in virtually daily. I have the tether but only use it on longer rides. Around town I don't bother and the phone never moves. I have ridden on some rough roads with the tether on and again, no movement. It's a little bit hard to get on but having an expensive phone hit the tarmac would be a problem. 📱 🛵
Here's the newer style RAM phone holder. The side pegs are adjustable with an allen key, and use nylock style nuts for vibration resistance. The bottom rubber mount is fixed, and the top mount is spring loaded and will stretch enough to accommodate an iPhone plus sized phone. I like that it will accommodate a rectangular shaped phone, in a phone case of my choosing, not limiting me just to one manufacturer's selection of cases. Also, the side and top brackets don't press any buttons on my phone, which my Xmount tended to do.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@lebo avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2018 GTS 300 Touring Rosso Vignola, 2020 BV 350 Matte Green, 1956 VL3
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1156
Location: Herriman, Utah
 
Molto Verboso
@lebo avatar
2018 GTS 300 Touring Rosso Vignola, 2020 BV 350 Matte Green, 1956 VL3
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1156
Location: Herriman, Utah
UTC quote
Jet Peddler wrote:
I use a Ram Mount. Does a good job, but could be better. Tough to get the plus sized iPhones in and out. Particularly hard to get the rubber leash in place as well.
There is a larger size X mount. I found out the hard way.
@northernerbill avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
lx 50
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1060
Location: Brighton
 
Molto Verboso
@northernerbill avatar
lx 50
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1060
Location: Brighton
UTC quote
But what do you do when it's raining?

Yes I'm in the UK (it rains here....a lot) but surely you don't use these in the rain, so why not get a weatherproof case holder?
@bazziemoto avatar
UTC

Hooked
1974 Vespa 125 Primavera, 1980 Bajaj Chetak, 1962 Lambretta 175TV3, 2006 Yamaha Vino
Joined: UTC
Posts: 497
Location: Boston, MA
 
Hooked
@bazziemoto avatar
1974 Vespa 125 Primavera, 1980 Bajaj Chetak, 1962 Lambretta 175TV3, 2006 Yamaha Vino
Joined: UTC
Posts: 497
Location: Boston, MA
UTC quote
RAM 100%.

p.s. there are many threads here on this topic, so it might be helpful if you searched to see what else has already been posted.
@pigletpilot avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Gina, 1965 Vespa 180SS, Bella,1968 Vespa 150 Super, Mia, 2017 Vespa Primavera 70th Anniversary 150ie, Gabriella, 2017 GTS300 ABS
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1894
Location: Hamilton/Kirikiriroa, NZ
 
Molto Verboso
@pigletpilot avatar
Gina, 1965 Vespa 180SS, Bella,1968 Vespa 150 Super, Mia, 2017 Vespa Primavera 70th Anniversary 150ie, Gabriella, 2017 GTS300 ABS
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1894
Location: Hamilton/Kirikiriroa, NZ
UTC quote
northernerbill wrote:
But what do you do when it's raining?
I rode 2 days in fairly persistent rain earlier this year and my iPhone suffered no ill effects. The mount sits behind the screen and the wind going upwards keeps the rain off it. When stopped for more than traffic stops I took the phone out of the mount and into my pocket.
@guzzi_gal avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Gigi, '13 GTS 300ie Touring
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2874
Location: Phoenix, AZ.
 
Ossessionato
@guzzi_gal avatar
Gigi, '13 GTS 300ie Touring
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2874
Location: Phoenix, AZ.
UTC quote
pigletpilot wrote:
northernerbill wrote:
But what do you do when it's raining?
I rode 2 days in fairly persistent rain earlier this year and my iPhone suffered no ill effects. The mount sits behind the screen and the wind going upwards keeps the rain off it. When stopped for more than traffic stops I took the phone out of the mount and into my pocket.
Ziplock bag. Nerd emoticon
@25bikez avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2022 Liberty 150S-"Meg"-SOLD
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1163
Location: Texas
 
Molto Verboso
@25bikez avatar
2022 Liberty 150S-"Meg"-SOLD
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1163
Location: Texas
UTC quote
Guzzi Gal wrote:
pigletpilot wrote:
northernerbill wrote:
But what do you do when it's raining?
I rode 2 days in fairly persistent rain earlier this year and my iPhone suffered no ill effects. The mount sits behind the screen and the wind going upwards keeps the rain off it. When stopped for more than traffic stops I took the phone out of the mount and into my pocket.
Ziplock bag. Nerd emoticon
Freezer quart Ziplocs-good for waterproofing, organizing, and traveling. Scooter emoticon
@huntbchsocal avatar
UTC

Hooked
Vespa GTV250:: Et4 150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 237
Location: Huntington Beach, Ca.
 
Hooked
@huntbchsocal avatar
Vespa GTV250:: Et4 150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 237
Location: Huntington Beach, Ca.
UTC quote
25BIKEZ wrote:
Guzzi Gal wrote:
pigletpilot wrote:
northernerbill wrote:
But what do you do when it's raining?
I rode 2 days in fairly persistent rain earlier this year and my iPhone suffered no ill effects. The mount sits behind the screen and the wind going upwards keeps the rain off it. When stopped for more than traffic stops I took the phone out of the mount and into my pocket.
Ziplock bag. Nerd emoticon
Freezer quart Ziplocs-good for waterproofing, organizing, and traveling. Scooter emoticon
I think most iPhones are now water resistant but not water proof
@utahusker avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
2024 GTS 300 SuperSport, 2006 Vespa LX150, 2011 Honda PCX 125, 1984 Honda Aero 125
Joined: UTC
Posts: 73
Location: Southern Utah
 
Enthusiast
@utahusker avatar
2024 GTS 300 SuperSport, 2006 Vespa LX150, 2011 Honda PCX 125, 1984 Honda Aero 125
Joined: UTC
Posts: 73
Location: Southern Utah
UTC quote
WEB-Tech wrote:
I have fallen in love with my new Quad Lock. Check it out.
That looks great! Not the OP, but I ordered one
@captain_jim avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2020 GTS 300 HPE
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1154
Location: south Texas
 
Molto Verboso
@captain_jim avatar
2020 GTS 300 HPE
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1154
Location: south Texas
UTC quote
I mulled this over for a while. I have a RAM mount system on my GTS, replaced that with different phone mount I picked up during the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, because the new one looked like it would be faster to put the phone in/out than the RAM. I forgot to hook the rubber tether one time, and at the first bump, the phone jumped out of the new mount! The only thing keeping from bouncing down the road was the USB cable. (Whew!) I put the phone in my pocket.

This thread made me consider the Quad Lock. I was hesitant because I had some concerns about the thickness of the case and whether it would still accept wireless charging while in that case. According to the Quad Lock website, it will wirelessly charge in the case.

So, I ordered one. We'll see how it works out when it arrives. Sure looks easy on all the videos. For those here who use the Quad Lock case/mount: have you had any issues with the phone staying attached?

TIA. I clip the phone on my Vespa probably 80% of the time... not particularly for directions, but to give me an accurate speed read out. That rubber tether is a pain in the butt. I'm looking forward to doing away with that.
@mimsw avatar
UTC

Hooked
2018 GTS300 Touring
Joined: UTC
Posts: 130
Location: Boulder, CO
 
Hooked
@mimsw avatar
2018 GTS300 Touring
Joined: UTC
Posts: 130
Location: Boulder, CO
UTC quote
I'm crazy about my Quadlock. It doesn't budge or vibrate...just twist and go!

I've had the Ram mount before and basically parked it in favor of Quadlock.

https://www.quadlockcase.com/collections/shop-mounts
@captain_jim avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2020 GTS 300 HPE
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1154
Location: south Texas
 
Molto Verboso
@captain_jim avatar
2020 GTS 300 HPE
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1154
Location: south Texas
UTC quote
More on the iPhone holder saga. I am still waiting for the Quad Lock; should be here on Friday. In the meantime, my wife ordered another phone holder for her bike... if it has a brand name, I can't find it. She ordered it from Amazon for the whopping price of $8 and change, shipping included.

I joked that it would be a cheap-ass piece of plastic. In reality, it is a fairly cheap-ass piece of plastic that looks like it will work.

External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text

With the arms extended, you push the phone against that orange button in the middle, and the arms close around the corners of the phone...

External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text

No tether. I shook it around, and with the phone in it, it seems solid. It attaches via a rubber belt that uses a screw-type attachment; also seems solid.

For $8 and change. We'll see how it holds up. The corner holders are not in the way of any of the buttons on her iPhone.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TVN8PZ9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

When I pull that up, I see it is $13.99... the $8.49 was for a limited time. She loves a deal.

Looking around, there are others that have that X-mount (not to be confused with the RAM X0mount). It gets good reviews.
@cdwise avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300, Buddy 125
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8870
Location: Knoxville, TN
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@cdwise avatar
GTS 300, Buddy 125
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8870
Location: Knoxville, TN
UTC quote
northernerbill wrote:
But what do you do when it's raining?

Yes I'm in the UK (it rains here....a lot) but surely you don't use these in the rain, so why not get a weatherproof case holder?
I used a life case. There is a bike mount specifically designed for it that is very similar to the quad lock.

I found the waterproof mounts trended to make my phone overheat on sunny days. The iPhone X is ip7, aka 1 meter for 30 mins iphone Xs and iPhone 11 are IP68 rated aka 2 meters for 30 mins.

Samsung S and Note 8 and later are also IP68
@captain_jim avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2020 GTS 300 HPE
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1154
Location: south Texas
 
Molto Verboso
@captain_jim avatar
2020 GTS 300 HPE
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1154
Location: south Texas
UTC quote
The Quad Lock stuff came in today. I took the previous phone mount off the bike and put the Quad Lock on... seems simple and easy. I chose to go with the 1" ball mount, since I have RAM mirror mounts on both mirrors - this lets me put the phone on either side (I use the other mount for a GoPro), and use a short or medium double socket arm).

The only thing I'm not crazy about with the Quad Lock is the case - it is slippery feeling compared to the softer plastic case (bought at the Apple Store) I have been using. May be the smooth (no texture) surface of the case that I'm noticing. As noted in other posts, the buttons on the Quad Lock case are OK - certainly not as tactile as many other cases.

Quad Lock's website said the case "works with most wireless charging units"... happy to say it works fine with the Mophie charger.
@captain_jim avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2020 GTS 300 HPE
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1154
Location: south Texas
 
Molto Verboso
@captain_jim avatar
2020 GTS 300 HPE
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1154
Location: south Texas
UTC quote
And one more accessory to add to the phone and holder: a coiled USB to Lightning cable. For her Xmax, a 1 foot coiled cord is perfect; on my GTS, the 2 foot cord works. A bit longer would actually be better on mine, if you could take a single wrap around the base of the phone holder with that cable.

External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text

That image makes it look like the cable is thick - not the case.
@web-tech avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350, 2020 Vespa Sei Giorni, 2008 Vespa S150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8951
Location: Ashburn, Va. Home to the Internet
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@web-tech avatar
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350, 2020 Vespa Sei Giorni, 2008 Vespa S150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8951
Location: Ashburn, Va. Home to the Internet
UTC quote
25BIKEZ wrote:
WEB-Tech wrote:
25BIKEZ wrote:
RAM has a new style mount that's more secure than the X-grip and doesn't need the tether. I posted pics on another phone mount thread. It's adjustable for size.
If it doesn't LOCK in place it's not safe.
I would use the quad lock on an ATV or dirt bike off road.
Have you even used the new style? 10 years of RAM mount use without a failure. I think they know their business.
But it is still just holding it by the edges, not something securely attached to the phone.
@web-tech avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350, 2020 Vespa Sei Giorni, 2008 Vespa S150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8951
Location: Ashburn, Va. Home to the Internet
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@web-tech avatar
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350, 2020 Vespa Sei Giorni, 2008 Vespa S150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8951
Location: Ashburn, Va. Home to the Internet
UTC quote
northernerbill wrote:
But what do you do when it's raining?

Yes I'm in the UK (it rains here....a lot) but surely you don't use these in the rain, so why not get a weatherproof case holder?
Well the Grip Lock offers what they call a Poncho for the phone. It is a clear plastic cover that goes over the phone. Done have that yet.
@web-tech avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350, 2020 Vespa Sei Giorni, 2008 Vespa S150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8951
Location: Ashburn, Va. Home to the Internet
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@web-tech avatar
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350, 2020 Vespa Sei Giorni, 2008 Vespa S150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8951
Location: Ashburn, Va. Home to the Internet
UTC quote
Bazziemoto wrote:
RAM 100%.

p.s. there are many threads here on this topic, so it might be helpful if you searched to see what else has already been posted.
But it is HUGE, grip lock tiny.
@web-tech avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350, 2020 Vespa Sei Giorni, 2008 Vespa S150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8951
Location: Ashburn, Va. Home to the Internet
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@web-tech avatar
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350, 2020 Vespa Sei Giorni, 2008 Vespa S150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8951
Location: Ashburn, Va. Home to the Internet
UTC quote
Captain Jim wrote:
The Quad Lock stuff came in today. I took the previous phone mount off the bike and put the Quad Lock on... seems simple and easy. I chose to go with the 1" ball mount, since I have RAM mirror mounts on both mirrors - this lets me put the phone on either side (I use the other mount for a GoPro), and use a short or medium double socket arm).

The only thing I'm not crazy about with the Quad Lock is the case - it is slippery feeling compared to the softer plastic case (bought at the Apple Store) I have been using. May be the smooth (no texture) surface of the case that I'm noticing. As noted in other posts, the buttons on the Quad Lock case are OK - certainly not as tactile as many other cases.

Quad Lock's website said the case "works with most wireless charging units"... happy to say it works fine with the Mophie charger.
I used the universal mount for my Pixel 2. I think I may stay with the stick on universal mount when my Pixel 4 gets in. I have found I like not having my phone in a case. Will just get one of those glass type screen protectors..
@harbinger avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2023 Arancia Impulsivo Vespa GTS300 HPE , 2022 BMW R1250GSA 40th Anniversary, 2019 Ural Gear Up
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8508
Location: Toronto
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@harbinger avatar
2023 Arancia Impulsivo Vespa GTS300 HPE , 2022 BMW R1250GSA 40th Anniversary, 2019 Ural Gear Up
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8508
Location: Toronto
UTC quote
I have to admit I'm partial to the ram mounts. One nice thing is you can sway them out for different accessories. Right now I have my bike set up for a GPS and iPhone but I also have a cup holder I can through on. I've also run power to the bars which is incredibly handy.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@fudmucker avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2021 GTS 300 HPE +2013 GTS 300ie + 294 Polini
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2070
Location: Pretoria, South Africa
 
Ossessionato
@fudmucker avatar
2021 GTS 300 HPE +2013 GTS 300ie + 294 Polini
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2070
Location: Pretoria, South Africa
UTC quote
In South Africa, mounting your smartphone on a bracket on your bike is exposing yourself to risk of snatching it at a traffic light or such.
I also don't know why one needs a phone while you are supposed to be riding either...?

I used to have a cell phone with a headset on my bike at one stage years back. To stay hands free, I set it to auto answer. While on vacation and midway down Long Tom Pass, I had a call from a work colleague who insisted on me providing detailed project information at a most dangerous time for me. I had to stop and switch the phone off before continuing.

After that, I realised that any caller can bloody wait until I consider it safe for me to talk!
@web-tech avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350, 2020 Vespa Sei Giorni, 2008 Vespa S150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8951
Location: Ashburn, Va. Home to the Internet
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@web-tech avatar
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350, 2020 Vespa Sei Giorni, 2008 Vespa S150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8951
Location: Ashburn, Va. Home to the Internet
UTC quote
Harbinger wrote:
I have to admit I'm partial to the ram mounts. One nice thing is you can sway them out for different accessories. Right now I have my bike set up for a GPS and iPhone but I also have a cup holder I can through on. I've also run power to the bars which is incredibly handy.
Grip Lock, use the universal stick on mount and you could mount anything with a somewhat flat back.
https://www.quadlockcase.com/products/motorcycle-scooter-mount-universal-fit?variant=663522050064&gclid=Cj0KCQjwi7DtBRCLARIsAGCJWBr72HQPzET25RAIUr7xNOiGrLbmY275wYAcL3AnGsOJPPzKQ9OmNUoaAmShEALw_wcB
@web-tech avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350, 2020 Vespa Sei Giorni, 2008 Vespa S150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8951
Location: Ashburn, Va. Home to the Internet
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@web-tech avatar
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350, 2020 Vespa Sei Giorni, 2008 Vespa S150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8951
Location: Ashburn, Va. Home to the Internet
UTC quote
Fudmucker wrote:
In South Africa, mounting your smartphone on a bracket on your bike is exposing yourself to risk of snatching it at a traffic light or such.
I also don't know why one needs a phone while you are supposed to be riding either...?

Use phone as a GPS, Hands free navigation request through google if you have the right comm unit for music or listen to talk radio. Get a Cardo Slim and you have hands free voice activation. You never have to touch the phone.

And I have to be within cell phone reach or I can not ride a lot of the time. More than doubles my available ride time each week.

And it's not even having phone access when riding. It's not having to dig in your pants pocket for a phone that is under three layers of clothes, you stop and it is right there. Boom hit gas buddy app and you know where the closest cheap gas is, need food hit the yelp app. No dropping your phone or taking gloves off.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee
 

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com


All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.


[ Time: 0.0288s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0106s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]