@rickg avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
2020 Vespa GTS HPE Touring

Enthusiast
@rickg avatar
UTC quote
I'm back!! Ever since I sold my 09 GTS 250 Super to fund a Suzuki DR650, which I don't even have anymore, I have missed my Vespa! I knew it would be only a matter of time before I would buy another. I had been keeping an eye our for a later model 300 with ABS and TC. Then I started seeing some 2 year old new stock for some pretty decent numbers but all at least 300 miles away.

Then I start reading about the update for 2020 and the new HPE engine plus other niceties. Gets me thinking that maybe I should just get brand spanking new. My 65th Birthday is November 30th, and decided to go ahead and get what I wanted for my birthday!

So I stopped into my local Vespa dealer who took good care of my old 250 and Sym Fiddle before that. Next thing I know I am signing for this beauty. Emerald Green with brown saddle and matching top box. Never paid full list for any car or bike before!!! But you only turn 65 once!

Rick G

External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text
⚠️ Last edited by rickg on UTC; edited 1 time
@25bikez avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2022 Liberty 150S-"Meg"-SOLD

Molto Verboso
@25bikez avatar
2022 Liberty 150S-"Meg"-SOLD
UTC quote
Re: I'm back!! 2020 GTS 300HPE Touring
rickg wrote:
'm back!! Ever since I sold my 09 GTS 250 Super to fund a Suzuki DR650, which I don't even have anymore, I have missed my Vespa! I knew it would be only a matter of time before I would buy another. I had been keeping an eye our for a later model 300 with ABS and TC. Then I started seeing some 2 year old new stock for some pretty decent numbers but all at least 300 miles away.

Then I start reading about the update for 2020 and the new HPE engine plus other niceties. Gets me thinking that maybe I should just get brand spanking new. My 65th Birthday is November 30th, and decided to go ahead and get what I wanted for my birthday!

So I stopped into my local Vespa dealer who took good care of my old 250 and Sym Fiddle before that. Next thing I know I am signing for this beauty. Emerald Green with brown saddle and matching top box. Never paid full list for any car or bike before!!! But you only turn 65 once!

Rick G

Congratulations! Digging that dark green.
@troutbum avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2012 Kymco Like 200i (Sold), 2018 FLSL

Ossessionato
@troutbum avatar
2012 Kymco Like 200i (Sold), 2018 FLSL
UTC quote
Congratulations on your new Vespa and welcome back. 8)
UTC

Addicted
2022 Honda PCX 150A, 2018 GTS300 [sold] & 2015 GTS300 Super [sold]

Addicted
2022 Honda PCX 150A, 2018 GTS300 [sold] & 2015 GTS300 Super [sold]
UTC quote
Welcome back! I love that green! Vespas have the coolest color choices.
@mjrally avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
73 & 74 Rally, 76 ET3, 80 P200, 06 PX150, 59 Ser 2, 65 Silver Special, 90 V5N 50, 2015 HD Road Glide Special

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@mjrally avatar
73 & 74 Rally, 76 ET3, 80 P200, 06 PX150, 59 Ser 2, 65 Silver Special, 90 V5N 50, 2015 HD Road Glide Special
UTC quote
Congrats on your new baby!

I'm currently test riding the same model HPE from Vespa Motorsports and it's definitely an impressive green! HPE changes are FUN! This thing moves, until traction control slows things down Razz emoticon
OP
@rickg avatar
UTC

Enthusiast

Enthusiast
@rickg avatar
UTC quote
So what are the must have accessories these days? I am already getting the rubber mat and a RAM Mount for my phone to use as GPS.

Tell me what else I need as I am on a roll!

Rick G
@attila avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@attila avatar
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956
UTC quote
rickg wrote:
I'm back!! Ever since I sold my 09 GTS 250 Super to fund a Suzuki DR650, which I don't even have anymore, I have missed my Vespa! I knew it would be only a matter of time before I would buy another. I had been keeping an eye our for a later model 300 with ABS and TC. Then I started seeing some 2 year old new stock for some pretty decent numbers but all at least 300 miles away.

Rick
Bravo Rick, there are birthdays especially to get presents and then enjoy your new Vespa.
Wishes!
UTC

Enthusiast
GTS 300 Super Sport ('18)

Enthusiast
GTS 300 Super Sport ('18)
UTC quote
Congrats on a nice birthday gift! Love the color! Ride it like you stole it!
@mike_holland avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
GTS300 Super 2015 Blue, GTS300 Super 2023 Beige

Ossessionato
@mike_holland avatar
GTS300 Super 2015 Blue, GTS300 Super 2023 Beige
UTC quote
Congratulations! But I want to see more pictures of that green, out in the sunlight.
@paulrf avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
2018 Piaggio Medley 150

Enthusiast
@paulrf avatar
2018 Piaggio Medley 150
UTC quote
You're wearing that ear to ear grin. Congratulations on a great Vespa.
@sacto_monkeyboy avatar
UTC

Addicted
GTS 300 Super

Addicted
@sacto_monkeyboy avatar
GTS 300 Super
UTC quote
rickg wrote:
Never paid full list for any car or bike before!!! But you only turn 65 once!

Rick G

Well, that smile says it all! Congrats on the new bike. That color is STUNNING! And welcome back to the forum, more importantly welcome back to the Wasp horde!!!
UTC

Ossessionato
2018 Vespa GTS 300 ABS- Bianco

Ossessionato
2018 Vespa GTS 300 ABS- Bianco
UTC quote
rickg wrote:
So what are the must have accessories these days? I am already getting the rubber mat and a RAM Mount for my phone to use as GPS.

Tell me what else I need as I am on a roll!

Rick G
farkle stuff: I ride with a windscreen and have had a Faco Twinscreen on both my Vespas. I installed F & R-amber/white, signals/DL's on my new to me 2018 GTS, bought in Toronto last Sept..
I also installed a "3rd brake light control module" that flashes my brakes which now includes red LED's mtd inside the rear signal lenses and a brighter red LED in the brake light housing. I don't see a need for the rubber mat but do have an SAE tender lead with a short pigtail out the back lip of the battery cover. I have drilled my OE left shoulder and have Powerlet with a dual, covered USB port beside it. My topbox is a SHAD mtd to the OE rear rack. I bought the heavier black bar ends to help the front end stability.
Has your scoot shown the front brake issues some are getting with the 2010 GTS?
I perked up my HL via a Phillips Extreme Vision H4 bulb but I guess yours has the LED HL.
Over time I'll do some aftermarket variator tricks.
Motovista here with www.Scooterparts.com has better prices than the westcoast scoot folks.
SIP has lots of goodies as does another large German scooter place, www.scooter-center.com
UTC

Hooked
GTS 300 HPE

Hooked
GTS 300 HPE
UTC quote
Welcome back (though I'm new here) from a fellow 2020 GTS 300 HPE owner. Mine is green, too, but not as dark as yours. You look mighty fine up there on your steed. Have fun!
@paulrf avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
2018 Piaggio Medley 150

Enthusiast
@paulrf avatar
2018 Piaggio Medley 150
UTC quote
theschuman wrote:
Welcome back! I love that green! Vespas have the coolest color choices.
We still get a good range of colors with Vespas in Australia but I have noticed that with a lot of the major Japanese bikes we seem to only get black, matt black or something dark. Not sure why it is like that but I believe they think the black, matt and dark colors will get a lot of younger people interested in them. I like bright colors and that yellow Vespa in the photo is just fantastic. When I purchased my 2018 Medley the only colors available where matt silver or matt black so I took the silver but would prefer a gloss any day.
OP
@rickg avatar
UTC

Enthusiast

Enthusiast
@rickg avatar
UTC quote
Today's the day! Today I pick up my new Scoot! It is a beautiful sunny day and I plan on taking the long way home from the dealer. Pics to follow!

Rick G
@soul_surfer avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
[SOLD] 2018 GTS300 Super Sport - Donatello Vespace

Molto Verboso
@soul_surfer avatar
[SOLD] 2018 GTS300 Super Sport - Donatello Vespace
UTC quote
Congrats! What a beauty!
UTC

Hooked
Aprilia Scarabeo 500

Hooked
Aprilia Scarabeo 500
UTC quote
Post pictures before you leave the dealership. How many miles is your first journey? Scenic routes are always the best routes. Enjoy!
@wmak avatar
UTC

Moto Giro Titan
2009 GTS 250 Super Lucrezia Borgia, 2013 Ducati Hyperstrada, Little Big Red,2020 Zero SR/S, Zeus, Electric Dragon

Moto Giro Titan
@wmak avatar
2009 GTS 250 Super Lucrezia Borgia, 2013 Ducati Hyperstrada, Little Big Red,2020 Zero SR/S, Zeus, Electric Dragon
UTC quote
Sweet! I thought about upgrading to the new super-tech model, but my 09
super has lots of mile left in her. Besides, Robot's review of the tech features made me appreciate my older model just a little more. Welcome back, and enjoy that new ride!
OP
@rickg avatar
UTC

Enthusiast

Enthusiast
@rickg avatar
UTC quote
I picked up my scoot today. I took advantage of the day off work and the beautiful weather to take a nice long "get acquainted" ride. I put about 110 miles on and had to fill up my first tank! The first one was courtesy of the dealer.

Now I haven't ridden a scooter since I sold my 09 GTS Super about 4 years ago. The first thing I noticed is how smooth it is. Acceleration is instant and brisk...for 278cc. I know the manual states to not exceed 80% of speed for first 600 miles, but I am of the belief to break in an engine the way you are going to ride it. Over the 110 miles I had some city stop and go, country roads and a brief stint on an interstate where I found that it hits an indicated 80mph very easily. I even felt me hitting the rev limiter, so it was still pulling. Nice little motor!!!

Suspension seems better than I remember and was comfortable even on broken pavement. The brakes felt strong and secure. The saddle also seems more comfortable than I remember.

To sum it up, I LIKE IT!!! This is what has been missing from my garage.

It is good to be back!!

Rick G

UTC

Hooked
GTS 300

Hooked
GTS 300
UTC quote
That's a sweet looking garage set up.
A tool for every ride.
@valvitola avatar
UTC

Hooked
2018 GTV300 SG, 2012 LXV 125ie 2V, 2015 Primavera 3V 150ie and V90

Hooked
@valvitola avatar
2018 GTV300 SG, 2012 LXV 125ie 2V, 2015 Primavera 3V 150ie and V90
UTC quote
Welcome back! I have been thinking about trading my GTV Sei Giorni (matte green) for that GTS HPE in that dark green! Congratulations!
OP
@rickg avatar
UTC

Enthusiast

Enthusiast
@rickg avatar
UTC quote
DandyDoug wrote:
A tool for every ride.
Thanks! The garage is a bit of a mess, but my 3 steeds fit in nicely as long as I don't try to put my car in. LOL I have owned this house for 13 years and a car has never been in the garage. Motorcycles only!

Rick G
@paulrf avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
2018 Piaggio Medley 150

Enthusiast
@paulrf avatar
2018 Piaggio Medley 150
UTC quote
rickg wrote:
DandyDoug wrote:
A tool for every ride.
Thanks! The garage is a bit of a mess, but my 3 steeds fit in nicely as long as I don't try to put my car in. LOL I have owned this house for 13 years and a car has never been in the garage. Motorcycles only!

Rick G
What model BMW is that Rick?

Paul
OP
@rickg avatar
UTC

Enthusiast

Enthusiast
@rickg avatar
UTC quote
PaulRF wrote:
rickg wrote:
DandyDoug wrote:
A tool for every ride.

Rick G
What model BMW is that Rick?

Paul
Paul,

It is a 2011 R1200R with a Wunderlich Trophy fairing. Awesome bike!

Rick G
@paulrf avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
2018 Piaggio Medley 150

Enthusiast
@paulrf avatar
2018 Piaggio Medley 150
UTC quote
Thanks Rick and I just noticed you have it listed in your signature block. Facepalm emoticon
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0173s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0035s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]