@bluebuddha avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Kitted ET4.

Molto Verboso
@bluebuddha avatar
Kitted ET4.
UTC quote
Does anyone have any favorable experience with wearing "yellow" tinted sunglasses during the day?

Looking to increase "visability" particularly when riding through patches of shadows on the ground.

Scoot on.....
@tubajim avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
06 GT200

Enthusiast
@tubajim avatar
06 GT200
UTC quote
Yellow glasses
I use those all the time...I even use them at night if I'm on a road with a ton of on-coming headlights...esp., ribbony roads where the lights are in your eyes all the time. You can find some that are lighter than others at Walgreens etc...
@olhogrider avatar
UTC

I Break Jets

I Break Jets
@olhogrider avatar
UTC quote
When I was in my 20s some old farts claimed that those yellow lenses made flying so much easier because they increased the details in the clouds. I tried them. They made everything yellow.

Now that I'm older I do see a difference with some tints. Age and individual eyeballs will have differing results.
@nigelthefish avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
ET2, PX150

Ossessionato
@nigelthefish avatar
ET2, PX150
UTC quote
I've used them, they work great when it's just a bit too dark for sunglasses and a bit too light to drop my face shield and go with out glasses.
@nickandsusan avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
65 Sprint, 2008 150S

Ossessionato
@nickandsusan avatar
65 Sprint, 2008 150S
UTC quote
i wear Smith Slider sunglasses with the orange lenses...they are fine in bright sunlight, and are not dark at all while riding thru the shadows up in the hills.

I can switch to yellow lenses also, but I prefer the orange. The yellow made things too yellow.
@timbit avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Fly 150, 2006 black

Molto Verboso
@timbit avatar
Fly 150, 2006 black
UTC quote
olhogrider wrote:
When I was in my 20s some old farts claimed that those yellow lenses made flying so much easier because they increased the details in the clouds. I tried them. They made everything yellow.

Now that I'm older I do see a difference with some tints. Age and individual eyeballs will have differing results.
They make the shadows which are illuminated by the blue sky darker (yellow blocks blue) while not affecting the sunlit areas, thereby increasing contrast.
Good for skiing and other snow sports especially.
UTC

Banned

Banned
UTC quote
Yellow
I where Yellow Tint every day in perscription. I also have Orange but the yellow is great for fog and low visability days.

I started rocking the yellow for combat shooting. It a cheep way to light up a dark area.

After two years rocking the yellow I would never go back to clear.

The only bad thing is in direct sunlight its nice to have something to shade your face or else its way to bright.
@spoondog avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
et4, 04 r6

Enthusiast
@spoondog avatar
et4, 04 r6
UTC quote
yellow timt lenses
yellow tint lenses are far too bright for a sunny ride. i used to have
the smith toaster with the slider and i too like the orange lenses
i now wear oakleys with transition lenses and are far superior than the smith
sliders that i used to have. the only negative, their pricey
@glitterballhedgehog avatar
UTC

Hooked
05 vespa px150 serie america

Hooked
@glitterballhedgehog avatar
05 vespa px150 serie america
UTC quote
Yellow is ok for nite if you like, but lets in too much sunlight and harmful rays during daytime. According to wife (optician).
@dudel avatar
UTC

Hooked
custom mini-motorcycle

Hooked
@dudel avatar
custom mini-motorcycle
UTC quote
It is the blue & green spectrum that causes glare; a yellow filter blocks part of the blue spectrum, an orange filter blocks a little more, orange-red in the 550 nanometer range blocks blue and some green, and a red filter block all red and green. I have a pair of red laser goggles that would be great sunglasses if you were on a snow covered mountain but riding with them is a little spooky because the green-lights look black. Personally, I own yellow, orange, and red sunglasses and recently had a pair of 550nm filters made for bright sun. I used to be a fan of polarized sunglasses but now prefer the colored filters particularly when wearing a helmet with a shield.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0262s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0038s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]