On my Sei Giorni Nerd emoticon
UTC

Addicted
BV 350

Addicted
BV 350
UTC quote
Money
There are various films you can get, or have applied by a shop, that reduce or eliminate stone chips. Not cheap, but seemingly effective. Very big with high-dollar cars right now. If you are concerned with rust, and are not especially worried about appearance, the spray-on bedliner is very tough and will easily resist chipping. But is not particularly attractive.

Or you can count stone chips as momentos of the hours you've ridden, and a natural process in the aging of your scooter. Get some touch up paint and fix the ones that might lead to rust. Otherwise, don't worry about it.
@oldschooot avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2018 LIBERTY 150S, 2013 Kymco LIKE200iLX

Ossessionato
@oldschooot avatar
2018 LIBERTY 150S, 2013 Kymco LIKE200iLX
UTC quote
Well, yes, no way I would want to ignore that in cold/moist U.K., with an expensive metal Vespa!
What are other Vespa owners doing in your country?
A front fender extender? ...they make them for Burgmans, etc.
Still, some grit will hit the metal. Needs a film, or undercoat. Something which can be painted over
..as they do on autos? Not very visible when painted over.
Surprised that Vespa doesn't ship them this way.
O.S.
UTC

Ossessionato
2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs/asr/ess Settantesimo '70'

Ossessionato
2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs/asr/ess Settantesimo '70'
UTC quote
Front fender extended from scooterlabs.co.uk. And clear sticky back plastic from the Range or from Robert Dias stores. Just cut to size and smooth on. You can get clear plastic for cars that is supposed to be better but my experience with that stuff hasn't always been good. By the way, a roll of the sticky back plastic is around £7 per roll and there is enough to do 10 Vespas. It works. Mines been on for 3 years now. No stone chips.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0109s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0055s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]