OP
UTC

Lurker
Vespa LX 150 (2007)

Lurker
Vespa LX 150 (2007)
UTC quote
Hey all, new to Vespas. Just got an LX 150 2007. it only came with one blue key to start the motor and open the seat. Also, there is a rear trunk that is locked and that key won't open it... I'm told Vespa has some other master "brown" key... any ideas on

1. how to acquire said brown key?
2. Pick the trunk lock?

Thoughts?

Thanks guys,

Travis
@fledermaus avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fledermaus avatar
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350
UTC quote
I had a similar situation with one key on my LX. It gets a bit complicated....you will have to send your key away to be cloned, as the master key is otherwise necessary to program a copy. I believe AF1Racing in Texas provides that service. Insure the key and plan on doing it when you're not riding, i.e. winter.

As for the topcase, I recall some discussion about getting the hinge pins out....the only other option is drilling out the lock. It will have to be replaced anyway...

More ideas may be along shortly. In the meanwhile, welcome to MV!
@nightwing avatar
UTC

Contributor
2007 LX 150 (memories)

Contributor
@nightwing avatar
2007 LX 150 (memories)
UTC quote
The Top Box is an accessory that has its own lock and key. The ignition keys won't work.
OP
UTC

Lurker
Vespa LX 150 (2007)

Lurker
Vespa LX 150 (2007)
UTC quote
Hey thanks guys. I did some more homework and found that you can buy a $100 CDI that bypasses the immobilizer, then you can use any key. Also, confirmed trunk is separate key and new lock set is $40
@dooglas avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Buddy Kick 125

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@dooglas avatar
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Buddy Kick 125
UTC quote
alphasig83 wrote:
Hey thanks guys. I did some more homework and found that you can buy a $100 CDI that bypasses the immobilizer, then you can use any key. Also, confirmed trunk is separate key and new lock set is $40
As fledermaus commented, it is easy enough to have your blue key cloned by AF1 or another vendor. I would tend to go that direction rather than an aftermarket CDI, given how important the CDI is to the operation of the scooter. Perhaps others will chime in to comment on their experience with such an aftermarket CDI.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0136s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0056s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]