OP
UTC

vespa 300 gts super sport

vespa 300 gts super sport
UTC quote
so last week i bought a 2016 vespa 300 gts ss .. 4000km on the odometer.. went to the dealer to find out that it has 10800km... anyway that guy that sold me the bike altered with the odometer and i think something fucked up happened.. now my bike goes like 130km/hr but shows 50km/hr on the speedometer... any ideas about how i can fix this ?
@mingo avatar
UTC

Hooked
GTS300 SuperSport ABS

Hooked
@mingo avatar
GTS300 SuperSport ABS
UTC quote
You might need to replace the speedometer and if you do, the mileage on the new one will start off at zero. Mine was replaced because it was erroneously shipped to Canada with an mph speedometer and when it was replaced to a km/h speedo, the mileage was zero. Some bikes store this info in the bike's ECU as well and the dealer computer can restore it to a new speedo, but this does not seem to be the case on the Vespa.

I'm curious to know how your dealer knew the actual mileage of your vespa? At any rate, with 10,000 km, you still have plenty of life left but the scooter is due for the major service.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0119s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0017s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]