I posted a decent number of pictures when I rebuilt my Sprint V motor
,but I also hot-rodded it, which is a lot of the thread.
I rebuilt it again a couple weeks ago, but took no pictures. I'll keep an eye on this thread and if you have any questions, feel free to PM me. Same offer to you, DD_VES.
These motors are really incredibly simple and elegant to work on, but there are still a few tricks that you'll want to know along the way, mostly having to do with when & how to apply heat rather than force (e.g. anything involving bearing removal or insertion).
My first rebuild was my VBB, and other than some stuck parts that i didn't have specialty tools for yet (rear hub castle nut, I'm looking at you...
), even that was pretty straightforward.
I'm digging your overall 8" plan. Just make sure you get the right gearing. I have the SIP 10"->8" rear hub/brake conversion kit on a Stella motor in my VBB now and that part of it works great but the gearing & power band make it not fun to ride, so it's been gathering dust in line behind other projects.