OP
@salchipapa619 avatar
UTC

BV 350

@salchipapa619 avatar
BV 350
UTC quote
Hello all, has any found or mounted a front rack on a BV 350? would be awesome. Would love to know if one exists or someone has rigged one on the front. thank you to all, James
@web-tech avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350, 2020 Vespa Sei Giorni, 2008 Vespa S150

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@web-tech avatar
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350, 2020 Vespa Sei Giorni, 2008 Vespa S150
UTC quote
Plastic front is not designed to hold the weight of a rack.
@karlsbadd avatar
UTC

Hooked
2018 Piaggio BV 350

Hooked
@karlsbadd avatar
2018 Piaggio BV 350
UTC quote
Yes, also curious as to why a front rack. Not sure if people add the side-luggage to a BV, but I have never seen (nor could I fathom the engineering of) a front rack on the machine.
OP
@salchipapa619 avatar
UTC

BV 350

@salchipapa619 avatar
BV 350
UTC quote
thank you both for responses. I have seen Piaggio side carriers on BV 200. I am not sure they make them anymore. that bike is older model. I now get why no front carrier. thank you both. james
@motovista avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GT 2.4

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@motovista avatar
GT 2.4
UTC quote
It is possible. The PGO Bubu is a plastic scooter with the ability to add a front rack. But a company like Piaggio would try to figure out how many people who buy the BV 350 are going to want one, then have engineers and accountants figure out how to safely mount it on the frame, what it would cost to create mounting points on the front frame, and what would need to be changed in the current manufacturing process to add this, then the company would have to figure out how to make a rack that would fit, that people would buy, and create a failsafe guide to drilling through the plastics to mount one.
If you do a search on this site for queries about a front rack for the BV 350, or any BV model, you can probably gauge overall interest in this accessory, and then ask yourself if you were the head of design at Piaggio, how much effort would you want to put into making this a reality.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0096s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0029s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]