UTC

Molto Verboso
LXS 150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1205
Location: The OTHER South Bay, CA
 
Molto Verboso
LXS 150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1205
Location: The OTHER South Bay, CA
UTC quote
Six. Four running and licensed (a big and a small maxi-scooter, a Vespa S150, and a 374cc thumper), two awaiting eventual restoration or disposition (1000cc boxer, Vespa 150 Super).

At some point I'll sell both maxis and replace them with something in the 300-400cc class.
⚠️ Last edited by Rusty J on UTC; edited 1 time
@attila avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8291
Location: Latina (Italy)
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@attila avatar
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8291
Location: Latina (Italy)
UTC quote
Harbinger wrote:
Attila wrote:
What is a Buddy?
It's a US based Vespa knock-off. I don't mean that to seem harsh as a lot of people actually seem to like them. Me.... I prefer to own an actual Vespa but apparently there are some things people like about Buddy scoots. I think maybe the saddles are lower?? Price I assume is cheaper but don't quote me on that either. For not being a Vespa they actually aren't that bad looking and I see them here in Toronto now and then.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genuine_Scooters
Seen in the link, it's cute and a little reminiscent of the Yamaha Cignus 125; i didn't know that scooters are produced in the USA.
UTC

Molto Verboso
LXS 150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1205
Location: The OTHER South Bay, CA
 
Molto Verboso
LXS 150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1205
Location: The OTHER South Bay, CA
UTC quote
Attila wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
Attila wrote:
What is a Buddy?
It's a US based Vespa knock-off. I don't mean that to seem harsh as a lot of people actually seem to like them. Me.... I prefer to own an actual Vespa but apparently there are some things people like about Buddy scoots. I think maybe the saddles are lower?? Price I assume is cheaper but don't quote me on that either. For not being a Vespa they actually aren't that bad looking and I see them here in Toronto now and then.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genuine_Scooters
Seen in the link, it's cute and a little reminiscent of the Yamaha Cignus 125; i didn't know that scooters are produced in the USA.
Buddys aren't produced in the US -- they're Taiwanese, but with a solid US distributor. Very good power out of their GY6-clone engines, decent reliability, fair parts support as I understand it.

The only US built scooters I can think of are the Cushman II series. Engines are Japanese industrial motors, frame and (metal) bodywork are US, other components sourced wherever. They're a sideline for a company whose main business is newspaper vending machines.
@attila avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8291
Location: Latina (Italy)
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@attila avatar
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8291
Location: Latina (Italy)
UTC quote
Rusty J wrote:
Attila wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
Attila wrote:
What is a Buddy?
It's a US based Vespa knock-off. I don't mean that to seem harsh as a lot of people actually seem to like them. Me.... I prefer to own an actual Vespa but apparently there are some things people like about Buddy scoots. I think maybe the saddles are lower?? Price I assume is cheaper but don't quote me on that either. For not being a Vespa they actually aren't that bad looking and I see them here in Toronto now and then.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genuine_Scooters
Seen in the link, it's cute and a little reminiscent of the Yamaha Cignus 125; i didn't know that scooters are produced in the USA.
Buddys aren't produced in the US -- they're Taiwanese, but with a solid US distributor. Very good power out of their GY6-clone engines, decent reliability, fair parts support as I understand it.

The only US built scooters I can think of are the Cushman II series. Engines are Japanese industrial motors, frame and (metal) bodywork are US, other components sourced wherever. They're a sideline for a company whose main business is newspaper vending machines.
I understood ... for a moment I had hoped that even someone in the USA had thought of producing scooters, maybe tomorrow ... i close the OT.
@rrider avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Triumph Bonneville 2022, Triumph Street Scrambler 2018 (sold), Suzuki VanVan200 (sold), 2015 Sprint 125 (sold)
Joined: UTC
Posts: 3151
Location: Finland
 
Ossessionato
@rrider avatar
Triumph Bonneville 2022, Triumph Street Scrambler 2018 (sold), Suzuki VanVan200 (sold), 2015 Sprint 125 (sold)
Joined: UTC
Posts: 3151
Location: Finland
UTC quote
Only one at a time.

My riding season is about 6 months per year. Working, having other hobbies, traveling during holidays, family (with a dog) ... yeah, one bike is plenty

I'm not much of a collector either - if the availability and prices for rental bikes would be better in Finland (a niche business, not much demand around here), I might consider not to own at all. I have a house with a garden, always something to tinker with if I wish to
@tonyc avatar
UTC

Hooked
bv350, Brutale 910
Joined: UTC
Posts: 491
Location: LA CA
 
Hooked
@tonyc avatar
bv350, Brutale 910
Joined: UTC
Posts: 491
Location: LA CA
UTC quote
Fudmucker wrote:
I have six.
1981 BMW R80G/S (2x)
1996 BMW R80 GSPD
2009 BMW R1200GS
2013 Vespa 300GTS
2018 BMW RnineT Urban GS

So if your other half says "No" she is clearly referring to the above optimum number... Laughing emoticon
lol but... why do you own 3 R80s? are you collecting them?
OP
@budz avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
GTS 300 Super ABS/ASR (sold), BV 350 ABS/ASR (crashed)
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1137
Location: Washington DC
 
Molto Verboso
@budz avatar
GTS 300 Super ABS/ASR (sold), BV 350 ABS/ASR (crashed)
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1137
Location: Washington DC
UTC quote
Thank you for your input everybody, I am going forward with the BV acquisition. Photos to follow shortly. I know, no photos it didn't happen...
UTC

Member
2009 Vespa gts250 Super
Joined: UTC
Posts: 18
Location: Alabama
 
Member
2009 Vespa gts250 Super
Joined: UTC
Posts: 18
Location: Alabama
UTC quote
The current herd

2009 Vespa GTS250IE
2006 Ural Patrol
2011 Suzuki GSX1250 fa
2010 Husaberg FE390
2012 KLR 650
2015 HD Road Glide
1996 1400 Intruder
@bazziemoto avatar
UTC

Hooked
1974 Vespa 125 Primavera, 1980 Bajaj Chetak, 1962 Lambretta 175TV3, 2006 Yamaha Vino
Joined: UTC
Posts: 497
Location: Boston, MA
 
Hooked
@bazziemoto avatar
1974 Vespa 125 Primavera, 1980 Bajaj Chetak, 1962 Lambretta 175TV3, 2006 Yamaha Vino
Joined: UTC
Posts: 497
Location: Boston, MA
UTC quote
Primary commuter - 2006 Yamaha Vino 50
1974 Vespa 125 Primavera
1980 Bajaj Chetak
And if everything goes according to plan, I'll be picking up a 1962 Lambretta TV175 this weekend.

Storage space is a HUGE problem.
OP
@budz avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
GTS 300 Super ABS/ASR (sold), BV 350 ABS/ASR (crashed)
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1137
Location: Washington DC
 
Molto Verboso
@budz avatar
GTS 300 Super ABS/ASR (sold), BV 350 ABS/ASR (crashed)
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1137
Location: Washington DC
UTC quote
man...I am jealous of everyone's great bike collections...
@max6201 avatar
UTC

Banned
GTS 250, LX 50, and Falcon 200
Joined: UTC
Posts: 253
Location: Wichita
 
Banned
@max6201 avatar
GTS 250, LX 50, and Falcon 200
Joined: UTC
Posts: 253
Location: Wichita
UTC quote
Attila wrote:
What is a Buddy?
Ah! Now you just didn't! The last and only amerivespa I attended the buddies were everywhere.B-)
@fudmucker avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2021 GTS 300 HPE +2013 GTS 300ie + 294 Polini
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2070
Location: Pretoria, South Africa
 
Ossessionato
@fudmucker avatar
2021 GTS 300 HPE +2013 GTS 300ie + 294 Polini
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2070
Location: Pretoria, South Africa
UTC quote
tonyc wrote:
why do you own 3 R80s? are you collecting them?
The R80 G/S was first released in South Africa in 1981, after international release in 1980. I bought one for riding off-road and then came across another which I also bought. The idea was to take the best of both into one excellent original example as a collector's item. The other was to be modernised with recent suspension elements to be ridden. The restoration is still in progress and the modernisation version is too.

The airhead boxers were last made in 1997, but less than 50 were released in South Africa (in Kalahari guise.) These rare models are now too costly to buy and ride, so I bought a 1996 instead, which is mechanically exactly the same specification. I ride that particular one to an annual rally of airhead BMW machines.
@max6201 avatar
UTC

Banned
GTS 250, LX 50, and Falcon 200
Joined: UTC
Posts: 253
Location: Wichita
 
Banned
@max6201 avatar
GTS 250, LX 50, and Falcon 200
Joined: UTC
Posts: 253
Location: Wichita
UTC quote
I have three and still counting!
UTC

Addicted
Buddy 125, Scarabeo 150, Scarabeo 500ie, Triumphs, Vespa Sprint 150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 732
Location: Charleston,SC-Knoxville, TN- Sanibel, Florida
 
Addicted
Buddy 125, Scarabeo 150, Scarabeo 500ie, Triumphs, Vespa Sprint 150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 732
Location: Charleston,SC-Knoxville, TN- Sanibel, Florida
UTC quote
Hmmm.....lets see, five old right shift Triumph cycles, a Genuine Buddy 125, three Aprilia Scarabeo 500ie's, two Aprilia Scarabeo 150's, and wifey's Honda Metro 50.

i believe that's all.

fried okra
@maggiegirl avatar
UTC

Addicted
2021 Primavera 150 touring, 2016 LXV 150 ie, 1978 Vespa P125, 2019 Piaggio Liberty 150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 814
Location: central Illinois USA
 
Addicted
@maggiegirl avatar
2021 Primavera 150 touring, 2016 LXV 150 ie, 1978 Vespa P125, 2019 Piaggio Liberty 150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 814
Location: central Illinois USA
UTC quote
Only 3, vintage that I won at a scooter rally, the LXV that I bought new for my 60's birthday and the '19 Liberty that I traded in a 2009, GTS Super, fully dressed out. But that number might increase with the right play project and funds to play with.
@grahamlml avatar
UTC

Addicted
Vespa GTS 250 , Baotian 70cc rat scooter, Yamaha V50M 1979
Joined: UTC
Posts: 568
Location: Wales
 
Addicted
@grahamlml avatar
Vespa GTS 250 , Baotian 70cc rat scooter, Yamaha V50M 1979
Joined: UTC
Posts: 568
Location: Wales
UTC quote
I have a 2019 Peugeot Django 125 worst seat for comfort I have ever had so that may go. A 50cc 2004 Xinling with 80cc bbk fitted I paid £25 for and is my rat scooter a Lml 2t 4speed 2010 150cc more reliable than most Vespa's I have had and a et4 125 engine, loom and tank which may go into a frame when one comes along unless anyone answers the ad and picks it up for free. 😊
UTC

Lurker
Et4 150 Lx 150 GTS 200 LX 150 LX 150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1
Location: Myrtle Beach
 
Lurker
Et4 150 Lx 150 GTS 200 LX 150 LX 150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1
Location: Myrtle Beach
UTC quote
7 bikes total: et 4, 3 LXs in various colors and years, a GTS 200 and 2 Harley's! We ride them all regularly! Prefer the Vespas over the Harley's as they are more fun to ride and much more agile!
@bill_dog avatar
UTC

eeeee bip
BMW R1100RT The Problem Child Kymco Downtown 300 - I'm not the Uber Honda Cub - Scorched Earth Policy
Joined: UTC
Posts: 20619
Location: South East Great England of Britishland
 
eeeee bip
@bill_dog avatar
BMW R1100RT The Problem Child Kymco Downtown 300 - I'm not the Uber Honda Cub - Scorched Earth Policy
Joined: UTC
Posts: 20619
Location: South East Great England of Britishland
UTC quote
Count
3. It should be 2.

Bill x
@wmak avatar
UTC

Moto Giro Titan
2009 GTS 250 Super Lucrezia Borgia, 2013 Ducati Hyperstrada, Little Big Red,2020 Zero SR/S, Zeus, Electric Dragon
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2658
Location: Carrollton, Kentucky
 
Moto Giro Titan
@wmak avatar
2009 GTS 250 Super Lucrezia Borgia, 2013 Ducati Hyperstrada, Little Big Red,2020 Zero SR/S, Zeus, Electric Dragon
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2658
Location: Carrollton, Kentucky
UTC quote
2. 09 GTS and Ducati Hyperstrada. Thinking about a Zero, maybe the price will come down by Spring. BTW, Fledermaus, after my son gets settled in in Chicago, I might take you up on the invite to ride the BV. Razz emoticon
@bob_copeland avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2013 Vespa 300 Super, 2022 Kymco AK 550
Joined: UTC
Posts: 3601
Location: Minneapolis USA
 
Ossessionato
@bob_copeland avatar
2013 Vespa 300 Super, 2022 Kymco AK 550
Joined: UTC
Posts: 3601
Location: Minneapolis USA
UTC quote
Two Scoots
I have a Suzuki Burgman 400 and a Vespa GTS300.

Bob Copeland
Burgman 400
Burgman 400
Vespa GTS300
Vespa GTS300
UTC

Molto Verboso
'07 GTS250, '07 LX150, '81 P200E, '78 P200E, '64 V90 and 3 Ciaos
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1170
Location: Tucson, AZ
 
Molto Verboso
'07 GTS250, '07 LX150, '81 P200E, '78 P200E, '64 V90 and 3 Ciaos
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1170
Location: Tucson, AZ
UTC quote
Six that are running, registered and insured.

Scooters:

'08 Yamaha Majesty 400
'12 Kymco Yager GT 200i

Small Motorcycles:
'16 Kymco K-Pipe 125
'18 Kymco Spade 150

Mopeds:
'78 JC Penny Pinto
'81 Piaggio Ciao

If we talk project bikes, the list is a heck of a lot longer. Don't mind project bikes; the wrenching is almost as fun as the riding. The trouble is getting shop time it to work on them.
@bean_counter avatar
UTC

Hooked
2016 BV350 White
Joined: UTC
Posts: 459
Location: East LA County, CA, USA
 
Hooked
@bean_counter avatar
2016 BV350 White
Joined: UTC
Posts: 459
Location: East LA County, CA, USA
UTC quote
California specific info I read recently: Motorcycles account for 3.6% of registered vehicles in the state, but account for only 1% of vehicles miles traveled. My interpretation of this is that most motorcycle drivers own 3 to 4 PTW's.

BTW, in CA you pay registration taxes just for having your PTW in the state even if you are not driving and registering them.
@pigletpilot avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Gina, 1965 Vespa 180SS, Bella,1968 Vespa 150 Super, Mia, 2017 Vespa Primavera 70th Anniversary 150ie, Gabriella, 2017 GTS300 ABS
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1894
Location: Hamilton/Kirikiriroa, NZ
 
Molto Verboso
@pigletpilot avatar
Gina, 1965 Vespa 180SS, Bella,1968 Vespa 150 Super, Mia, 2017 Vespa Primavera 70th Anniversary 150ie, Gabriella, 2017 GTS300 ABS
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1894
Location: Hamilton/Kirikiriroa, NZ
UTC quote
Four as shown in my avatar area, although technically the 180SS isn't powered just yet. The motor is in many pieces.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@attila avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8291
Location: Latina (Italy)
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@attila avatar
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8291
Location: Latina (Italy)
UTC quote
Fudmucker wrote:
I have six.
1981 BMW R80G/S (2x)
1996 BMW R80 GSPD
2009 BMW R1200GS
2013 Vespa 300GTS
2018 BMW RnineT Urban GS

The optimum number of motorcycles to own is defined by the formula:

No = Np + 1

Where
No = the optimum number
Np = the number you presently own

So if your other half says "No" she is clearly referring to the above optimum number... Laughing emoticon
But the Vespa ... its purpose is to justify the desire to own so many motorcycles (ironic) or is it the result of being very motorcyclist? Sorry, I couldn't stop myself from asking ...
PS: I'm sure the one you like best is the 1981 GS
@motovista avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GT 2.4
Joined: UTC
Posts: 9026
Location: Watts, Cherokee Nation
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@motovista avatar
GT 2.4
Joined: UTC
Posts: 9026
Location: Watts, Cherokee Nation
UTC quote
Rusty J wrote:
Buddys aren't produced in the US -- they're Taiwanese, but with a solid US distributor. Very good power out of their GY6-clone engines, decent reliability, fair parts support as I understand it.
.
Where are you getting your information? It's wrong. The PGO engine is not a GY6 clone. It is a GY6 engine. If you look at the parts numbers in the parts fiche, you can probably figure out which parts were made by Kymco, the company that first made the GY6. PGO does buy a lot of parts from Kymco.
UTC

Ossessionato
2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs/asr/ess Settantesimo '70'
Joined: UTC
Posts: 3766
Location: East Anglia, UK
 
Ossessionato
2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs/asr/ess Settantesimo '70'
Joined: UTC
Posts: 3766
Location: East Anglia, UK
UTC quote
Having had nearly 50 years of riding ptw's, I have just one bike now. My 2016 GTS300 70th Anniversary model. I bought it new. I love the bike. It's the first Vespa I've owned and it's a keeper.

Most of the bikes I've owned have been big, very big, with blistering performance. But you can only go 0-62mph in 2.5 seconds so many times before you get bored! My Vespa is fast enough, is totally practical, reliable and comfortable. It has street cred too! I can go anywhere on it.

At bike night when it's parked amongst the Harleys and Triumphs it gets a lot of attention, all good I have to say. I'm not expecting to change my baby anytime soon, I'm happy. She has my entire focus, I cannot spread my love over more than one bike at a time!
@scooterraton avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2 - Many
Joined: UTC
Posts: 3165
Location: Boca Raton, Florida
 
Ossessionato
@scooterraton avatar
2 - Many
Joined: UTC
Posts: 3165
Location: Boca Raton, Florida
UTC quote
How many? 2....many. I think 14 but I'm not sure and waiting for another to be delivered. And yes I have an 06 Buddy 125 kitted to 161, one of the most reliable and fast scooters out there.

As far as the others everything from a 1964 Vespa GS to a 13 BMW 650. The 1990 Yamaha Riva 200 is one of my favorites along with a BV 200 (which I like much better than a GT).

Pack Rat Scooter Club - "Too much is never enough"
@fledermaus avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350
Joined: UTC
Posts: 12102
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fledermaus avatar
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350
Joined: UTC
Posts: 12102
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
UTC quote
wmak wrote:
2. 09 GTS and Ducati Hyperstrada. Thinking about a Zero, maybe the price will come down by Spring. BTW, Fledermaus, after my son gets settled in in Chicago, I might take you up on the invite to ride the BV. Razz emoticon
It's still here!
@scooterraton avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2 - Many
Joined: UTC
Posts: 3165
Location: Boca Raton, Florida
 
Ossessionato
@scooterraton avatar
2 - Many
Joined: UTC
Posts: 3165
Location: Boca Raton, Florida
UTC quote
az_slynch wrote:
The trouble is getting shop time it to work on them.
Work...the curse of the scootering class!
@harbinger avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2023 Arancia Impulsivo Vespa GTS300 HPE , 2022 BMW R1250GSA 40th Anniversary, 2019 Ural Gear Up
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8508
Location: Toronto
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@harbinger avatar
2023 Arancia Impulsivo Vespa GTS300 HPE , 2022 BMW R1250GSA 40th Anniversary, 2019 Ural Gear Up
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8508
Location: Toronto
UTC quote
Stromrider wrote:
Having had nearly 50 years of riding ptw's, I have just one bike now. My 2016 GTS300 70th Anniversary model. I bought it new. I love the bike. It's the first Vespa I've owned and it's a keeper.

Most of the bikes I've owned have been big, very big, with blistering performance. But you can only go 0-62mph in 2.5 seconds so many times before you get bored! My Vespa is fast enough, is totally practical, reliable and comfortable. It has street cred too! I can go anywhere on it.

At bike night when it's parked amongst the Harleys and Triumphs it gets a lot of attention, all good I have to say. I'm not expecting to change my baby anytime soon, I'm happy. She has my entire focus, I cannot spread my love over more than one bike at a time!
Funny , I feel completely the opposite. I love all my bikes and they are all very different. There is just something about getting on the Vespa one day then the BMW and then the Ural. Often more than one bike the same day. They all feel and handle differently and serve different purposes. I often compare the Vespa to the weights they put on baseball bats when you are warming up. getting on it after one of the bigger bikes is a real joy as it feel so light and nimble, almost like a toy. Sure, a toy that can go 100 MPH but still a toy and I love it.
@bazziemoto avatar
UTC

Hooked
1974 Vespa 125 Primavera, 1980 Bajaj Chetak, 1962 Lambretta 175TV3, 2006 Yamaha Vino
Joined: UTC
Posts: 497
Location: Boston, MA
 
Hooked
@bazziemoto avatar
1974 Vespa 125 Primavera, 1980 Bajaj Chetak, 1962 Lambretta 175TV3, 2006 Yamaha Vino
Joined: UTC
Posts: 497
Location: Boston, MA
UTC quote
EDIT - just noticed that I already responded to this and can't figure out how to delete a post. I DID get that Lammy. Storage is still a huge problem.

I have 4 -

2006 Yamaha Vino 50
1974 Vespa Primavera 125
1980 Bajaj Chetak (150)
1962 Lambretta TV175 Series 3
⚠️ Last edited by Bazziemoto on UTC; edited 1 time
@jet_peddler avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
'07 LX150 (Sold), '17 GTS300, '16 BV350, '15 EN650, '09 FXDF (sold). '15 FLSTN
Joined: UTC
Posts: 5664
Location: Home of the Alamo
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@jet_peddler avatar
'07 LX150 (Sold), '17 GTS300, '16 BV350, '15 EN650, '09 FXDF (sold). '15 FLSTN
Joined: UTC
Posts: 5664
Location: Home of the Alamo
UTC quote
Physically I own four, but legally I have five. (The LX 150 is technically sold but the buyer is making payments and I'm holding the title until the scoot is paid off sometime next year).

2007 LX 150*
2017 GTS 300
2016 BV 350
2015 Vulcan S
2009 HD Fat Bob 96 ci
@bvbob avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
'95 Yamaha Riva 125- '05 Piaggio BV200-'05 Honda Reflex-'08 Honda Metropolitan
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1849
Location: Ohio
 
Molto Verboso
@bvbob avatar
'95 Yamaha Riva 125- '05 Piaggio BV200-'05 Honda Reflex-'08 Honda Metropolitan
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1849
Location: Ohio
UTC quote
Four. Going down to three in the Spring.

2005 BV200- Approx 34,700 miles. Bought new- keeping.

2004 Honda Reflex- Approx 26,500 miles. Bought in 2010 with 443 miles- this one is going up for sale in the Spring.

2008 Honda Metropolitan- Approx 8500 miles. Wife's scoot. Bought it in 2011 with 1687 miles. She's staying.

1995 Yamaha Riva 125- Approx 6300 miles. We both ride it but mainly my wife. Bought in 2013 with 1147 miles. She's our "vintage scooter" and she's staying.

Need to make room in our garage so the Reflex is going. One day soon we will be down to one car (when my "vintage" Sentra dies ) so that will also help.

Bob
@web-tech avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350, 2020 Vespa Sei Giorni, 2008 Vespa S150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8951
Location: Ashburn, Va. Home to the Internet
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@web-tech avatar
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350, 2020 Vespa Sei Giorni, 2008 Vespa S150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8951
Location: Ashburn, Va. Home to the Internet
UTC quote
Harbinger wrote:
WEB-Tech wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
Budz wrote:
WEB-Tech wrote:
Thinking of selling your 300 Super?
Want to buy my GTS? I am picking up a 2016 BV 350 with literally no miles on it. My 2015 GTS has full Malossi kit, suspension, 13 inch wheels etc. So I am not sure which I'll like better and parting with the GTS maybe tough unless I absolutely love the BV 350 a lot, so stay tuned...
Yeah... if you're going to have more than one bike you want them to be different enough from each other that they offer a different experience . The GTS and BV are probably too similar to fall in to the "different enough" category.
You haven't ridden a BV350 then.
Vespa 300 scooter ride, like going straight, handles great and great for city.
BV350 wants to turn with the touch of the your hand like a crotch rocket more power of the line then a Vespa.
Vespa is a cruiser, BV350 is a sport bike/scooter.
Yeah... It's probably not THAT big difference though. The C650GT yes, the BV I reserve judgement on. No don't try and say the BV is faster than the BMW.
It's lighter by far and very flickable.
@web-tech avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350, 2020 Vespa Sei Giorni, 2008 Vespa S150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8951
Location: Ashburn, Va. Home to the Internet
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@web-tech avatar
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350, 2020 Vespa Sei Giorni, 2008 Vespa S150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8951
Location: Ashburn, Va. Home to the Internet
UTC quote
Three
2008 MP3 500
2013 BV 350
2020 Vespa Sei Giorni
@harbinger avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2023 Arancia Impulsivo Vespa GTS300 HPE , 2022 BMW R1250GSA 40th Anniversary, 2019 Ural Gear Up
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8508
Location: Toronto
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@harbinger avatar
2023 Arancia Impulsivo Vespa GTS300 HPE , 2022 BMW R1250GSA 40th Anniversary, 2019 Ural Gear Up
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8508
Location: Toronto
UTC quote
WEB-Tech wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
WEB-Tech wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
Budz wrote:
WEB-Tech wrote:
Thinking of selling your 300 Super?
Want to buy my GTS? I am picking up a 2016 BV 350 with literally no miles on it. My 2015 GTS has full Malossi kit, suspension, 13 inch wheels etc. So I am not sure which I'll like better and parting with the GTS maybe tough unless I absolutely love the BV 350 a lot, so stay tuned...
Yeah... if you're going to have more than one bike you want them to be different enough from each other that they offer a different experience . The GTS and BV are probably too similar to fall in to the "different enough" category.
You haven't ridden a BV350 then.
Vespa 300 scooter ride, like going straight, handles great and great for city.
BV350 wants to turn with the touch of the your hand like a crotch rocket more power of the line then a Vespa.
Vespa is a cruiser, BV350 is a sport bike/scooter.
Yeah... It's probably not THAT big difference though. The C650GT yes, the BV I reserve judgement on. No don't try and say the BV is faster than the BMW.
It's lighter by far and very flickable.
Sure, so is my GTV.
@web-tech avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350, 2020 Vespa Sei Giorni, 2008 Vespa S150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8951
Location: Ashburn, Va. Home to the Internet
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@web-tech avatar
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350, 2020 Vespa Sei Giorni, 2008 Vespa S150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8951
Location: Ashburn, Va. Home to the Internet
UTC quote
Harbinger wrote:
WEB-Tech wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
WEB-Tech wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
Budz wrote:
WEB-Tech wrote:
Thinking of selling your 300 Super?
Want to buy my GTS? I am picking up a 2016 BV 350 with literally no miles on it. My 2015 GTS has full Malossi kit, suspension, 13 inch wheels etc. So I am not sure which I'll like better and parting with the GTS maybe tough unless I absolutely love the BV 350 a lot, so stay tuned...
Yeah... if you're going to have more than one bike you want them to be different enough from each other that they offer a different experience . The GTS and BV are probably too similar to fall in to the "different enough" category.
You haven't ridden a BV350 then.
Vespa 300 scooter ride, like going straight, handles great and great for city.
BV350 wants to turn with the touch of the your hand like a crotch rocket more power of the line then a Vespa.
Vespa is a cruiser, BV350 is a sport bike/scooter.
Yeah... It's probably not THAT big difference though. The C650GT yes, the BV I reserve judgement on. No don't try and say the BV is faster than the BMW.
It's lighter by far and very flickable.
Sure, so is my GTV.
But the BV350 blows the GTV away. I have both. No comparison at all in power or handling. BV350 is a little crotch rocket
@harbinger avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2023 Arancia Impulsivo Vespa GTS300 HPE , 2022 BMW R1250GSA 40th Anniversary, 2019 Ural Gear Up
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8508
Location: Toronto
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@harbinger avatar
2023 Arancia Impulsivo Vespa GTS300 HPE , 2022 BMW R1250GSA 40th Anniversary, 2019 Ural Gear Up
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8508
Location: Toronto
UTC quote
WEB-Tech wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
WEB-Tech wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
WEB-Tech wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
Budz wrote:
WEB-Tech wrote:
Thinking of selling your 300 Super?
Want to buy my GTS? I am picking up a 2016 BV 350 with literally no miles on it. My 2015 GTS has full Malossi kit, suspension, 13 inch wheels etc. So I am not sure which I'll like better and parting with the GTS maybe tough unless I absolutely love the BV 350 a lot, so stay tuned...
Yeah... if you're going to have more than one bike you want them to be different enough from each other that they offer a different experience . The GTS and BV are probably too similar to fall in to the "different enough" category.
You haven't ridden a BV350 then.
Vespa 300 scooter ride, like going straight, handles great and great for city.
BV350 wants to turn with the touch of the your hand like a crotch rocket more power of the line then a Vespa.
Vespa is a cruiser, BV350 is a sport bike/scooter.
Yeah... It's probably not THAT big difference though. The C650GT yes, the BV I reserve judgement on. No don't try and say the BV is faster than the BMW.
It's lighter by far and very flickable.
Sure, so is my GTV.
But the BV350 blows the GTV away. I have both. No comparison at all in power or handling. BV350 is a little crotch rocket
Fair enough though my kitted GTV would do itself proud. Now the C650 would blow the BV350 away flickability and all. Please do not not try and say the BV would keep up or pull away as fast as the BMW...
@kz1000st avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Dongfang 170cc, CF Moto Fashion 250
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1889
Location: Hyde Park, New York
 
Molto Verboso
@kz1000st avatar
Dongfang 170cc, CF Moto Fashion 250
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1889
Location: Hyde Park, New York
UTC quote
I got up to nine bikes and scooters but whittled the herd down to three. A 2009 CF Moto Fashion 250, a 1991 Honda Nighthawk 250 and the King of the garage, a 1983 Kawasaki 750 Spectre.

Each serves a different purpose. Each satisfies a different place in my heart and each works just fine.
@masala avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
946
Joined: UTC
Posts: 6165
Location: Acworth, GA
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@masala avatar
946
Joined: UTC
Posts: 6165
Location: Acworth, GA
UTC quote
I have 2 - a 2013 Vespa 946 and a 2015 Yamaha Tmax (aka, "XP530"). They are very different scooters, with very different purposes, but I enjoy them both equally...
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee
 

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com


All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.


[ Time: 0.0311s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0118s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]