OP
UTC

Lurker
ET2 50

Lurker
ET2 50
UTC quote
Well, I scored a 2002 Malaguti Yesterday for $50.

Has anyone heard of these? Anyone had any experience with it? Parts look like they will be difficult to find.

It also has 35,000km/21,000 miles on a two-stroke! Woah!

Will be picking it up Saturday. Already has a 70cc kit and a Technigas exhaust. The head is off to replace the rings (comes with all of the parts), and the guy just never finished it and is moving. New Michelin tires too!!

How difficult of a project did I just give myself? Should be fun
⚠️ Last edited by gmbyjeff on UTC; edited 1 time
@fabio_dougie avatar
UTC

Scooter Pimp

Scooter Pimp
@fabio_dougie avatar
UTC quote
It sounds like just my kind of project, 50cc and inexpensive !
@jixaw avatar
UTC

Hooked
2003 Vespa ET2

Hooked
@jixaw avatar
2003 Vespa ET2
UTC quote
hit me up with questions...i have two bikes with the same motor...franco morini......they fly

which bbk is it?...is it the technigas sport?

I have done 2 builds with this motor and can help...
@wleuthold avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2006 Vespa GT (Rocket): 2007 Vespa GT (Vanessa): 2009 Yamaha Zuma 125: 2018 Yamaha Xmax (Big Ugly), 2023 Vespa GTS300 (Ghost)

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@wleuthold avatar
2006 Vespa GT (Rocket): 2007 Vespa GT (Vanessa): 2009 Yamaha Zuma 125: 2018 Yamaha Xmax (Big Ugly), 2023 Vespa GTS300 (Ghost)
UTC quote
My first American scooter was a 2002 Malaguti Ciak 50. I rode it a lot before getting Rocket in 2005.

Same engine as the Yesterday.

It would run up to 45/46 mph and was quite reliable.

I sold it to a friend a few years ago. He still rides it every day.

Bill
@motovista avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GT 2.4

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@motovista avatar
GT 2.4
UTC quote
Don't rush out and buy Morini parts just yet. It's a Minarelli two stroke. I'm pretty sure they were buying the engines from QJ or CPI, and not Yamaha, so it's a bit different than the Zuma or Vino, but pretty close. Parts are very common. We can still get a lot of the body stuff too, just not quickly. Overall, they are pretty well built bikes. Joel Martins MRP, out of Florida, was the importer.
OP
UTC

Lurker
ET2 50

Lurker
ET2 50
UTC quote
Well... I was under the impression from the pictures sent that it was in one piece... minus the cylinder jug. It was in a LOT of pieces.

I bought a $50 3D puzzle, which actually isn't a horrible deal considering the cost of 3D puzzles.

Oh well. Should be a fun puzzle

The cylinder jug has a shallow gash in it. I ran a hone through it and found it to look better... but not gone, unfortunately.

All of the engine parts are there. Not too worried about finding hardware, as ACE Hardware down the street seems to have everything.

I tried to remove the rear wheel... but the tire hits the case! Solutions, anyone?

I was going to get a bunch of stuff to make the ET2 a little peppier... but got sidetracked when this came up.

Also, I for some reason am having a horrible time with posting pictures lol. They will be posted, soon!

[URL=https://s754.photobucket.com/user/gmbyjeff/media/Malaguti%2050/20191013_131507_zpswwyh2tzl.jpg.html]External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text[/URL]

[URL=https://s754.photobucket.com/user/gmbyjeff/media/Malaguti%2050/20191013_161823_HDR_zpsoynu9jkw.jpg.html]External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text[/URL]
@jixaw avatar
UTC

Hooked
2003 Vespa ET2

Hooked
@jixaw avatar
2003 Vespa ET2
UTC quote
yeah that doesnt look like a morini from the picture....
⬆️    About 28 days elapsed    ⬇️
@marcb avatar
UTC

ET4 150, Aprilia Mojito Custom 150

@marcb avatar
ET4 150, Aprilia Mojito Custom 150
UTC quote
Minarelli engine. I get parts from Racing Planet USA and Ebay...

I purchased mine new from the importer in Miami 2003 (Martin racing... ?)

On reassembly, the helmet bucket goes on before the main body. This makes it tough to get to the engine, as you have to take all bodywork off, but I have down to about 20 minutes!

I added a new derestricted muffler, removed small washed from the variator and the imported had drilled extra holes in the air filter box. i don't know the jet size...
I found online manuals in Manualslab...

I can get up to ~40 MPH (70 KMH per speedo, which is accurate)
Good Luck

Marc
⬆️    About 1 year elapsed    ⬇️
@bgk avatar
UTC

Addicted
ET2

Addicted
@bgk avatar
ET2
UTC quote
I think this may have been mine 14 years go when I lived in Seattle. Not many with Michelin Dexters. I think that was the last pair available on earth when I got them back then. I sold it in the summer of 2006. A lot of fun, but I think I de-tuned it back to more stock like performance before selling it.
⬆️    About 4 years elapsed    ⬇️
@tbrduc avatar
UTC

GTS250ie. Malaguti Yesterday

@tbrduc avatar
UTC quote
jixaw wrote:
hit me up with questions...i have two bikes with the same motor...franco morini......they fly

which bbk is it?...is it the technigas sport?

I have done 2 builds with this motor and can help...
Hey there.. ciao ciao.
I have a Yesterday. I got it cheap and now it runs nicely…plenty fast enough for the tiny thing that it is!
And its bone stock. Plan to keep it that way, unless a mod improves the stock condition.. carb jet, for example.
I have other bikes for speed.
Its a Minarelli, for sure, with the Gurtner PY12
Im thrashing, searching for standard replacement parts.. brake shoes for rear, and a drive belt. I've found that it shares some bits with an Aprilia and a Vespa ET2.
But do you have any sources or info on other things? Part numbers would be good.
Thanks!
@tbrduc avatar
UTC

@tbrduc avatar
UTC quote
Ok.. I hear you.. "read the previous post. Racing Planet USA Has parts"

Indeed. Thanks for whomever had posted that.
Now, back to Vespa.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0105s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0039s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]