@franknbrew avatar
UTC

Addicted
2006 LX 50

Addicted
@franknbrew avatar
2006 LX 50
UTC quote
How can I tell the difference between a 2010 GTS and a GTS Super? I've read they have black wheels and a different seat. I'm seeing black wheels on every one. I also see some with all black seats, and some with white piping. I'm looking at one which says it's a "GT Super" with black wheels and white piping, but I don't see a Super badge above the taillight. Is it actually just a GTS?
@rickg avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
2020 Vespa GTS HPE Touring

Enthusiast
@rickg avatar
2020 Vespa GTS HPE Touring
UTC quote
Yes a Super should have badging. They also have a red front spring on the front shock.

Mechanically they are identical.

Rick G
@dooglas avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Buddy Kick 125

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@dooglas avatar
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Buddy Kick 125
UTC quote
There is really nothing super about a GTS super . The differences were always small aspects of trim in various years. Colored accents, piping, badging, different louvers on the horn cast, etc - and even those differences have varied through time.
OP
@franknbrew avatar
UTC

Addicted
2006 LX 50

Addicted
@franknbrew avatar
2006 LX 50
UTC quote
Thanks, guys! My next question was going to be "Does it really matter?".

Looks like it has the red spring. After stalking the guys Facebook page I see he had one side repainted due to a "light drop". But he did add the crash bars after the repair.

My guess is the Super badge never made it back on.
UTC

Ossessionato
2018 Vespa GTS 300 ABS- Bianco

Ossessionato
2018 Vespa GTS 300 ABS- Bianco
UTC quote
Both my 2010 GTS Super and my 2018 GTS Super have the red spring. The seats are a bit different in the vinyl and the shape but not much. the inside cat box is also a bit changed as is the seat base.
I've never learned if my 2018 they went back to the same front suspension or not? It "looks" like the same suspension as my 2010 I sold.
They both run similar, zoom wise, the 2018 is maybe a bit more "tight" but no MPH difference, etc..
@drscooter avatar
UTC

Addicted
2007 GTS 250ie 2006 Ducati Monster S2R 803 2005 Sportster 883XL 2010 GTS 300ie

Addicted
@drscooter avatar
2007 GTS 250ie 2006 Ducati Monster S2R 803 2005 Sportster 883XL 2010 GTS 300ie
UTC quote
Super vs GTS
Having just purchased a 2010 300 GTS I did a bit of searching. As has been said the black on the wheels and red on the springs. belong to the Super. However, you will also find the GTS 300 has a Horn Light, while the Super does not. The Super has those Engine Louvers on the right side and the Standard GTS does not. I read that the Super comes with only a passenger grab rail while the standard has a luggage rack. Now my Standard GTS did NOT come with a luggage rack, don't know why, forgot to ask.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0151s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0091s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]