@big_daddy_snakeoiler avatar
UTC

Hooked
300 GTS, Stella 4T

Hooked
@big_daddy_snakeoiler avatar
300 GTS, Stella 4T
UTC quote
https://reading.craigslist.org/mcy/d/reading-2010-vespa-gts-cc-only-3313/6998292110.html

Edit*
Sorry, not Jersey. Still seems too good to be true. Emailed them.
UTC

Banned
2009 GTS 250, 2013 Buddy 125, 2014 Triumph Bonneville

Banned
UTC quote
"I am asking for $1000."

Sounds a bit clumsily worded.. Only 1 photo..And the price is too low.. Beware.
@franknbrew avatar
UTC

Addicted
2006 LX 50

Addicted
@franknbrew avatar
2006 LX 50
UTC quote
That same ad is all over cragislist in every city. Don't waste your time...like I did.
@budz avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
GTS 300 Super ABS/ASR (sold), BV 350 ABS/ASR (crashed)

Molto Verboso
@budz avatar
GTS 300 Super ABS/ASR (sold), BV 350 ABS/ASR (crashed)
UTC quote
Scam, it has been on DC Craigslist too
@juan_orhea avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
S150 '09, Beo 500ie '08

Molto Verboso
@juan_orhea avatar
S150 '09, Beo 500ie '08
UTC quote
Agree, smells scammy. Photo isn't recent either, it's fall. Do not suggest reaching out with any information you're willing to give to a crook.

This kind of BS is why Craigslist is foundering to FB Marketplace. FB isn't perfect either but at least it's more work to create a convincing fake profile.
UTC

2015 Vespa Primavera 150

2015 Vespa Primavera 150
UTC quote
Total scam. Has a least 10 ads in the tri state area. They all get flagged and then removed eventually.
@rob_g avatar
UTC

Hooked
2008 GTS250, 2009 S150, 2017 GTS300Super, 2006 GT200

Hooked
@rob_g avatar
UTC quote
Has been on in Houston and Dallas too. I posted about it here. Wrote them and they gave me some song and dance about it being the late husbands bike and they just want to sell it. Said they'd moved to Butte but were going to sell it and ship it to me. For $1000. Lol.
@rob_g avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@rob_g avatar
UTC quote
Here's an email I sent them a month ago...
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
UTC

2015 Vespa Primavera 150

2015 Vespa Primavera 150
UTC quote
I like to have fun with them. I offer like $2000 and ask if I can mail him Walmart gift cards for payment just like I use to pay the I.R.S.
Each ad I see I make a different deal and get the same generic response asking dote my email address and phone number.
UTC

Banned

Banned
UTC quote
Sold my BMW a couple years ago for $6,000 and shipped it to a nice gentleman from out of state. About a month later he comes across and emails me what seems to be my exact ad complete with all the pictures. Only changes were the price - now only $3K and the contact info. It wasn't on CL but another site. Ad looked great. Then I began seeing it elsewhere too.

Be careful out there. They're not only trying to kill us, they're trying to rob us too.
@wolfeboats avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
2020 GTS 300 HPE

Enthusiast
@wolfeboats avatar
2020 GTS 300 HPE
UTC quote
Had the same Craigslist issue. Sold my bike to a guy, a month later someone else contacts me about the bike. I said I sold it a month ago. He directs me to my ad with a different contact info that some scanner put up.

Buyer beware indeed.
@syd avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
GTS300 Super (Heinz) GTS250 Super (Bulger)

Ossessionato
@syd avatar
UTC quote
Just showed up on CL in Phoenix. Conversations have begun...
@syd avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@syd avatar
UTC quote
Syd wrote:
I just received this from the actual seller,

Hi,I have the clear title and the bill of sale. All the paperwork notarized by a legal attorney are ready to be transferred under the new owner's name. I also want to let you know that the price is firm, non-negotiable $1,000. Right now I'm at Barksdale AFB in Louisiana doing special training and getting ready for my deployment to oversea. The bike is already at the eBay warehouse, sealed and ready to be delivered to your place in maximum 3 days. The transaction will be done only through eBay. They will handle the shipping, the payment, and the paper exchange. By dealing through eBay, we are both covered 100% and nothing wrong can happen with my bike or your money. You will benefit from the free delivery (3 days top) and a 5 day period to test, inspect and accept the Vespa. The best thing to know is that the money won't leave your hand until you will receive, inspect and decide if you want to keep the bike.If you're interested, please reply with your full name, shipping address and the best phone # where you can be reached at. I will forward your details to eBay and they will contact you with more info on how to purchase it and how to make the payment.
Regards,

No thanks
UTC

Banned

Banned
UTC quote
Tell him it's his lucky day because you live right near the eBay warehouse!
Ask for his name and the eBay warehouse number and you'll go right over and look at it and hand the eBay warehouse office team the cash. That saves shipping expense and he gets his money even faster. A win! Win!

And ask for his phone number in case you get there and they need to talk to him to verify that you can buy the scooter.
UTC

2015 Vespa Primavera 150

2015 Vespa Primavera 150
UTC quote
Ask him about the other ads you saw listed on craigslist in other parts of the country and would like to buy those scooters as well for the same $1000 price.

It would great great if he could have them all to the same Ebay warehouse and ship all the scooters at the same time. Laughing emoticon
@belkwinith avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
Honda CTX 700 DN Automatic Motorcycle

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@belkwinith avatar
Honda CTX 700 DN Automatic Motorcycle
UTC quote
Same ad on Craigslist in Chicago...scam.
UTC

2009 LX150, 2016 Primavera 50

2009 LX150, 2016 Primavera 50
UTC quote
Syd wrote:
Syd wrote:
I just received this from the actual seller,

Hi,I have the clear title and the bill of sale. All the paperwork notarized by a legal attorney are ready to be transferred under the new owner's name. I also want to let you know that the price is firm, non-negotiable $1,000. Right now I'm at Barksdale AFB in Louisiana doing special training and getting ready for my deployment to oversea. The bike is already at the eBay warehouse, sealed and ready to be delivered to your place in maximum 3 days. The transaction will be done only through eBay. They will handle the shipping, the payment, and the paper exchange. By dealing through eBay, we are both covered 100% and nothing wrong can happen with my bike or your money. You will benefit from the free delivery (3 days top) and a 5 day period to test, inspect and accept the Vespa. The best thing to know is that the money won't leave your hand until you will receive, inspect and decide if you want to keep the bike.If you're interested, please reply with your full name, shipping address and the best phone # where you can be reached at. I will forward your details to eBay and they will contact you with more info on how to purchase it and how to make the payment.
Regards,

No thanks
Man, that is a work of art.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0200s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0103s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]