OP
@bulldogs2k avatar
UTC

Member
ET4 S2R 800
Joined: UTC
Posts: 33
Location: Florida
 
Member
@bulldogs2k avatar
ET4 S2R 800
Joined: UTC
Posts: 33
Location: Florida
UTC quote
Took my 2015 GTS I just bought for a quick shake down ride. I went to Ravello, then down to Amalfi, Positano and road the coast back to Sorrento.

The GTS did better than I expected. I am quite happy with the purchase, I bought her for $2600 with 6500 miles on the ODO.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@captain_jim avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2020 GTS 300 HPE
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1154
Location: south Texas
 
Molto Verboso
@captain_jim avatar
2020 GTS 300 HPE
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1154
Location: south Texas
UTC quote
That IS a good buy! Congrats on your Vespa!

I have been riding for over 5 decades... I thought the small wheels of a Vespa would be "twitchy"... I was wrong. I have been quite impressed with how my GTS handles highway speeds. For full disclosure, though, I definitely prefer running through some curves.
OP
@bulldogs2k avatar
UTC

Member
ET4 S2R 800
Joined: UTC
Posts: 33
Location: Florida
 
Member
@bulldogs2k avatar
ET4 S2R 800
Joined: UTC
Posts: 33
Location: Florida
UTC quote
Captain Jim wrote:
That IS a good buy! Congrats on your Vespa!

I have been riding for over 5 decades... I thought the small wheels of a Vespa would be "twitchy"... I was wrong. I have been quite impressed with how my GTS handles highway speeds. For full disclosure, though, I definitely prefer running through some curves.
That's exactly what I thought about the small wheels. She was great on the autostrada but much better in the tight winding roads of Amalfi. I'm going to take her up to the WWII American Cemetery in Rome soon, then I'll figure out what I need to rig her out for Tuscany.

I never realized how much bigger the GTS is compared to a small frame model like my ET4, that and noticeably heavier like my Ducati Monster back home.
@waspmike avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
LXV 150 3v ie. Midnight Blue (Sold) Now Honda Zoomer X
Joined: UTC
Posts: 4129
Location: Kingdom of Lanna
 
Ossessionato
@waspmike avatar
LXV 150 3v ie. Midnight Blue (Sold) Now Honda Zoomer X
Joined: UTC
Posts: 4129
Location: Kingdom of Lanna
UTC quote
Bulldogs2k wrote:
I'm going to take her up to the WWII American Cemetery in Rome soon,
Monte Cassino is also worth a visit and the beach at Anzio.

Nearer to Naples is Casserta (lived there for a short period) with the palace, and Casertavecchia good for a wander and lunch.

Don't forget Pozzuoli.
OP
@bulldogs2k avatar
UTC

Member
ET4 S2R 800
Joined: UTC
Posts: 33
Location: Florida
 
Member
@bulldogs2k avatar
ET4 S2R 800
Joined: UTC
Posts: 33
Location: Florida
UTC quote
waspmike wrote:
Bulldogs2k wrote:
I'm going to take her up to the WWII American Cemetery in Rome soon,
Monte Cassino is also worth a visit and the beach at Anzio.

Nearer to Naples is Casserta (lived there for a short period) with the palace, and Casertavecchia good for a wander and lunch.

Don't forget Pozzuoli.
Funny you said that, i'm checking out Monte Cassino with the local HOG chapter and VFW. I asked if they could let a Vespa hang with them for the day lol.
@mayorofnow avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2020 GTS 300 HPE
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1350
Location: 🤷‍♂️
 
Molto Verboso
@mayorofnow avatar
2020 GTS 300 HPE
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1350
Location: 🤷‍♂️
UTC quote
Fuckyeah! How long are you there for?
@attila avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8291
Location: Latina (Italy)
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@attila avatar
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8291
Location: Latina (Italy)
UTC quote
If you want to go to Anzio with Vespa recommend a scenic route that takes you in Terracina, from there go to San Felice Circeo and then in Sabaudia go down the road along the shore to the Bufalara and from there go towards Borgo Grappa, Rio Martino, Capo Portiere, Foce Verde, Acciarella, Nettuno, Anzio.
All panoramic and direct road...very nice.

External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text


If you want, we meet at Capo Portiere to say goodbye.

PS:in this link you can see the beaches between San Felice Circeo and Sabaudia:

https://www.google.com/search?q=spiaggia+di+san+felice+circeo&client=firefox-b-d&sxsrf=ACYBGNSDysATWgUubuLmdYVb7NpM4YtRhA:1571385944945&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjYu7borKXlAhUPr6QKHbgTCxMQ_AUIEigC&biw=1600&bih=745
⚠️ Last edited by Attila on UTC; edited 3 times
@v_oodoo avatar
UTC

Style Maven
'74 50s x3 '87 PK125XL '92 PK50XLS Plurimatic - & - '58 AllState '68 Sprint '66(?) Super125 and '72 DanMotor Super150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 9629
Location: seattle/athens
 
Style Maven
@v_oodoo avatar
'74 50s x3 '87 PK125XL '92 PK50XLS Plurimatic - & - '58 AllState '68 Sprint '66(?) Super125 and '72 DanMotor Super150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 9629
Location: seattle/athens
UTC quote
External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text

Add your own adjective here ppl, I can't find one good enuff, Thanks for planning the lovely pic and posting it.
Sorta like some places in Greece, but with a little more money.
OP
@bulldogs2k avatar
UTC

Member
ET4 S2R 800
Joined: UTC
Posts: 33
Location: Florida
 
Member
@bulldogs2k avatar
ET4 S2R 800
Joined: UTC
Posts: 33
Location: Florida
UTC quote
V oodoo wrote:
External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text

Add your own adjective here ppl, I can't find one good enuff, Thanks for planning the lovely pic and posting it.
Sorta like some places in Greece, but with a little more money.
I was in Souda Bay, Crete, before this
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
OP
@bulldogs2k avatar
UTC

Member
ET4 S2R 800
Joined: UTC
Posts: 33
Location: Florida
 
Member
@bulldogs2k avatar
ET4 S2R 800
Joined: UTC
Posts: 33
Location: Florida
UTC quote
Attila wrote:
If you want to go to Anzio with Vespa recommend a scenic route that takes you in Terracina, from there go to San Felice Circeo and then in Sabaudia go down the road along the shore to the Bufalara and from there go towards Borgo Grappa, Rio Martino, Capo Portiere, Foce Verde, Acciarella, Nettuno, Anzio.
All panoramic and direct road...very nice.

External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text


If you want, we meet at Capo Portiere to say goodbye.

PS:in this link you can see the beaches between San Felice Circeo and Sabaudia:

https://www.google.com/search?q=spiaggia+di+san+felice+circeo&client=firefox-b-d&sxsrf=ACYBGNSDysATWgUubuLmdYVb7NpM4YtRhA:1571385944945&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjYu7borKXlAhUPr6QKHbgTCxMQ_AUIEigC&biw=1600&bih=745
Good stuff, I was on google looking at this route.
OP
@bulldogs2k avatar
UTC

Member
ET4 S2R 800
Joined: UTC
Posts: 33
Location: Florida
 
Member
@bulldogs2k avatar
ET4 S2R 800
Joined: UTC
Posts: 33
Location: Florida
UTC quote
mayorofnow wrote:
Fuckyeah! How long are you there for?
My contract is renewable every 3 years. I already know I want to renew when time is up.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee
 

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com


All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.


[ Time: 0.0156s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0038s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]