OP
UTC

2015 Vespa Primavera 150

2015 Vespa Primavera 150
UTC quote
Hello, new to the forum.
I just acquired a 2015 Vespa Primavera 150 with a vespa top box storage. I purchased a brand new helmet, Scorpion exo ct-220, from a pawn shop in town for a great price. I Like the helmet and it fits fine. My only gripe is that it does not fit in either the under seat compartment bin or in the rear top box storage. About a half inch away from being able to close the rear top box. I know I can lock it on the peg under the seat but would prefer to have it in one of the bins for more security. Any advice on brands and styles to shop for that are similar to the scorpion helmet I have that will fit in either compartment?
I prefer a 3/4 helmet with the full face shield and my size is medium and large depending on the brand.

Also looking to get a helmet for my 7 1/2 year old son to ride with me around the neighborhood. Would you guys recommend it safer me going with a youth helmet or go with an adult helmet size xs or small size since the sizes are the same. Much more shopping options if I went with an adult helmet but I don't want to compromise his safety. Want a full face protection helmet as well either 3/4 or full size helmet for him.

Thanks
@rrider avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Triumph Bonneville 2022, Triumph Street Scrambler 2018 (sold), Suzuki VanVan200 (sold), 2015 Sprint 125 (sold)

Ossessionato
@rrider avatar
Triumph Bonneville 2022, Triumph Street Scrambler 2018 (sold), Suzuki VanVan200 (sold), 2015 Sprint 125 (sold)
UTC quote
Re: Helmet storage question Vespa 150 primavera
Sludog wrote:
Hello, new to the forum.
I just acquired a 2015 Vespa Primavera 150 with a vespa top box storage. I purchased a brand new helmet, Scorpion exo ct-220, from a pawn shop in town for a great price. I Like the helmet and it fits fine. My only gripe is that it does not fit in either the under seat compartment bin or in the rear top box storage. About a half inch away from being able to close the rear top box. I know I can lock it on the peg under the seat but would prefer to have it in one of the bins for more security. Any advice on brands and styles to shop for that are similar to the scorpion helmet I have that will fit in either compartment?
I prefer a 3/4 helmet with the full face shield and my size is medium and large depending on the brand.

Also looking to get a helmet for my 7 1/2 year old son to ride with me around the neighborhood. Would you guys recommend it safer me going with a youth helmet or go with an adult helmet size xs or small size since the sizes are the same. Much more shopping options if I went with an adult helmet but I don't want to compromise his safety. Want a full face protection helmet as well either 3/4 or full size helmet for him.

Thanks
About a helmet for your son: a good fit is of course of high importance here. Also, a young kid's helmet should not be too heavy, this an area where the youth helmets might be better. When my daughter was young and rode a bit with me, she had a full face youth helmet.

For your helmet, can't help there - I had a full face Arai when I had my Sprint... it did not fit into the OEM top box (wasn't even close), but it almost fit under the seat, not quite. I sometimes just placed it there a left the seat un-lock. With that I was actually not too worried about someone steeling it, but someone sitting on the scoot....
@jkj-fz6 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
BV400, Primavera 150, Yamaha Zuma 125

Ossessionato
@jkj-fz6 avatar
BV400, Primavera 150, Yamaha Zuma 125
UTC quote
I have the same combination, a Primavera 150 and an XL size CT-220 but I've never tried to fit the helmet under the seat. I usually just slip the helmet over the rear rack. It's not secure because I don't worry too much about theft, but I suppose I could use a helmet lock of some kind.

I have some other helmets. I could try those in the Primavera and report back next week when I'm home.

A Scorpion EXO R410 helmet may work for your son, if the size is right. They're Snell approved, comfortable, light weight, and not expensive. I picked one up on a whim when it was on sale. HJC also makes an inexpensive Snell helmet.

(The photo shows me trying oversize safety glasses. They'll fit, as well as ordinary glasses.)
Scorpion EXO R-410
Scorpion EXO R-410
UTC

Enthusiast
Vespa Sprint 150

Enthusiast
Vespa Sprint 150
UTC quote
Is there a reason to not use the helmet hooks under the seat? I have a sprint150 with a full face that doesn't fit under the seat and no top box and I generally leave my helmet with the bike.

External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text
(img found online)
@captain_jim avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2020 GTS 300 HPE

Molto Verboso
@captain_jim avatar
2020 GTS 300 HPE
UTC quote
I am not keen on leaving my helmet outside the bike (as on the helmet peg). Just something to consider: my wife recently bought an Xmax that has huge storage under the seat. My Nolan helmet with a chin bar would not fit under there when placed right side up, but worked fine on its side. Have you tried your Scorpion on its side in the top case?

When it is the only option, I have used the helmet peg under the seat... well, with a previous helmet with D-ring fasteners. My Nolan has the slide-in cam lock strap fastener, so no secure way to put that helmet on there.

Two reasons I don't care to leave the helmet outside the bike: unforecast rainy weather, and people who think they are funny... I once saw where someone left an open soda on its side in a helmet.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0139s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0083s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]