OP
UTC

2015 Vespa Primavera 150

2015 Vespa Primavera 150
UTC quote
Looking to get a few things for my Vespa. I have dealt with scooter west and they have been good but noticed that scooter parts.com looks to be a little cheaper so I may give them a try.

Any other sites that you guys recommend? I saw a few that are international as well. Are they trusted sites ?
Are there any stores that I should stay away from?
@anndee4444 avatar
UTC

Hooked
GTS 250

Hooked
@anndee4444 avatar
GTS 250
UTC quote
I have absolutely no complaints about www.scooterpartsco.com or www.sip-scootershop.com.
@tonyc avatar
UTC

Hooked
bv350, Brutale 910

Hooked
@tonyc avatar
bv350, Brutale 910
UTC quote
second the above.

SIP is really impressive IMO...
@swiss1939 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
P208, Stella VMC Stelvio 187, Stella 150, VNX1T, V9A1T, V9B1T, 02 Sportster XLH1208

Ossessionato
@swiss1939 avatar
P208, Stella VMC Stelvio 187, Stella 150, VNX1T, V9A1T, V9B1T, 02 Sportster XLH1208
UTC quote
Sip is my go to, but you really need to have to order enough to offset the cost of shipping. I usually try to order $150+ in parts cause minimum shipping FedEx is like $30 to NYC depending on weight. I also use scooter Mercato and scooterworks in USA if they have the parts cause shipping is cheaper.
@troutbum avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2012 Kymco Like 200i (Sold), 2018 FLSL

Ossessionato
@troutbum avatar
2012 Kymco Like 200i (Sold), 2018 FLSL
UTC quote
scooterwest.com and AF1racing.com
@harbinger avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2023 Arancia Impulsivo Vespa GTS300 HPE , 2022 BMW R1250GSA 40th Anniversary, 2019 Ural Gear Up

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@harbinger avatar
2023 Arancia Impulsivo Vespa GTS300 HPE , 2022 BMW R1250GSA 40th Anniversary, 2019 Ural Gear Up
UTC quote
All good recommendations for US customers . I just order through my Piaggio dealer as I do find the shipping from some of the US sites to Canada to be a little (lot) on the high side.

I'd be interested what other MVers use in Canada/internationaly. You are in the US obviously so the options are better. SIP I do know is a good choice. This site is in the US but a LOT of us are not.
@old_as_dirt avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 GTS

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@old_as_dirt avatar
2007 GTS
UTC quote
AF1 and scooter west only here. won't use that 3rd one you folks refer to.
OP
UTC

2015 Vespa Primavera 150

2015 Vespa Primavera 150
UTC quote
swiss1939 wrote:
Sip is my go to, but you really need to have to order enough to offset the cost of shipping. I usually try to order $150+ in parts cause minimum shipping FedEx is like $30 to NYC depending on weight. I also use scooter Mercato and scooterworks in USA if they have the parts cause shipping is cheaper.
How long does it take for items to arrive normally ?
@swiss1939 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@swiss1939 avatar
UTC quote
Sludog wrote:
swiss1939 wrote:
How long does it take for items to arrive normally ?
Depends on which service. DHL is the worst from them. The one time I used DHL it took like 3-4 weeks. UPS is a bit slower as well around a week or so. I stick to FedEx now as it seems to be the fastest from Germany. A typical order to delivery example is the one I just received today of remaining parts to complete my engine rebuild. Ordered the parts online late at night on Sat. Oct 19. Order was processed Monday morning Germany time Oct 21. FedEx picked up the package from SIP at 9:03am EST Monday Oct 21 and the package was scheduled for delivery tomorrow but was delivered today in NYC Oct 24 at 12:46pm EST. Shipping for that 13 lbs package was $44.55. I've had shipments from sip arrive next day after ordering, if I got the order in early in the AM in NYC so that it was processed same day in Germany. They must have had nothing going on that time either SIP or Fedex! I've also never paid for the rush processing or shipping, but always choose the cheapest FedEx shipping rate they offer. The shipment today is most normal delivery timeline I usually get.

BTW. A better option for US customers trying to purchase from SIP is to order those same parts from Scooter Mercato in Georgia. They have an option to enter SIP part number price and qty so you can effectively order everything you want from SIP through them. Dave orders what you want from them in his normal bulk orders and then ships your stuff to you, only charging you US shipping from GA to your location. This may save you some serious money if you are shipping Germany to further away in US? I have never done that, mainly because I assume it adds another week or so delivery time and I'm impatient. I do try to use Scooter Mercato or Scooterworks if possible for things that are not specific to SIP.
@tonyc avatar
UTC

Hooked
bv350, Brutale 910

Hooked
@tonyc avatar
bv350, Brutale 910
UTC quote
old as dirt wrote:
won't use that 3rd one you folks refer to.
pray tell, why?

Popcorn emoticon
@ape avatar
UTC

Hooked
P200E

Hooked
@ape avatar
P200E
UTC quote
tonyc wrote:
old as dirt wrote:
pray tell, why?

Popcorn emoticon
Yes please, I've seen 4 mentioned. Which one is #3 Clown emoticon
@pigletpilot avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Gina, 1965 Vespa 180SS, Bella,1968 Vespa 150 Super, Mia, 2017 Vespa Primavera 70th Anniversary 150ie, Gabriella, 2017 GTS300 ABS

Molto Verboso
@pigletpilot avatar
Gina, 1965 Vespa 180SS, Bella,1968 Vespa 150 Super, Mia, 2017 Vespa Primavera 70th Anniversary 150ie, Gabriella, 2017 GTS300 ABS
UTC quote
I have used Scooterwest and SIP. Both are great, but freight from both to this end of the world is eye watering if I do an individual order. From the States we have an option to send to a NZ Post collection centre in Portland which costs internal US postage to there, then NZ postage to here. Normally saves HEAPS as it's not uncommon for the postage to here to exceed the cost of the order. From SIP in Germany it's about $50NZ just for freight. The joys of everyone being so far from us.
Several dealers/suppliers here do bulk orders and we can benefit from the freight being shared. Delivery times are generally good.
@swiss1939 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@swiss1939 avatar
UTC quote
Scooterworks in US has the cheapest shipping option, but their website stock is really lacking. Scooter Mercato has more stuff available on website and will order specific things for you if you contact them while their shipping is still relatively cheap, its not as cheap as scooterworks. Scooter West for someone on the east coast is unaffordable due to their really high shipping costs. Even if you order small part with almost no weight they charge shipping as if it was a large box. For that reason I don't use Scooter West, otherwise I probably would more often. Scooter Mercato is my US choice as they have most stuff you want and shipping doesn't break the bank.
UTC

Ossessionato
2018 Vespa GTS 300 ABS- Bianco

Ossessionato
2018 Vespa GTS 300 ABS- Bianco
UTC quote
Scooterparts co 1st choice. www.Scooter-center.com is a large german scooter parts company who sells stuff SIP sells and some other lines as well. I've done well with them when the shipping made sense over SIP whom i learn much from their website but never place an order. SIP shipping always is higher than the scooter center people but scooterworks has much better pricing overall than the CA place-a fact! Some Canadian folks use nearby US ship to points to save money. Even commercial businesses do so in places like Detroit, Buffalo area, so on, maybe even some you know...
@motovista avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GT 2.4

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@motovista avatar
GT 2.4
UTC quote
Kantuckid wrote:
Some Canadian folks use nearby US ship to points to save money. Even commercial businesses do so in places like Detroit, Buffalo area, so on, maybe even some you know...
Point Roberts WA gets a surprising amount of mail for such a small city.
@mayorofnow avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2020 GTS 300 HPE

Molto Verboso
@mayorofnow avatar
2020 GTS 300 HPE
UTC quote
Motovista wrote:
Point Roberts WA gets a surprising amount of mail for such a small city.
Reminds me of Pirate Joe's.
@ape avatar
UTC

Hooked
P200E

Hooked
@ape avatar
P200E
UTC quote
swiss1939 wrote:
Scooter Mercato is my US choice as they have most stuff you want and shipping doesn't break the bank.
Same here, ScooterMercato has been my first choice for the past 8 years. Been putting together some pretty big orders lately and my cart on Mercato is much lower than ScooterWest, almost every time. An example is a gasket kit for a VSX is $11 on Mercato and $15 on West, that shit adds up in a cart with 60 plus items!
UTC

Hooked
GTS 300

Hooked
GTS 300
UTC quote
Today I got out the credit card , did my research and was ready to buy the turn signals to DRL kit and a mid sized windscreen from Scooterwest. For my 2020 GTS Touring.

Wanted to be sure I got everything the first time so I called them.

Got a message, sorry closed on Saturday for winter hours. WTF !!!

Winter hours in San Diego , Ca. ??
Must be nice to have such a profitable business ( motorcycle/scooter) that you can afford to close on Saturday's.
@znomit avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190 Friday afternoon special, [s]Primavera[/s], S50, too many pushbikes

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@znomit avatar
UTC quote
DandyDoug wrote:
Today I got out the credit card , did my research and was ready to buy the turn signals to DRL kit and a mid sized windscreen from Scooterwest. For my 2020 GTS Touring.

Wanted to be sure I got everything the first time so I called them.

Got a message, sorry closed on Saturday for winter hours. WTF !!!

Winter hours in San Diego , Ca. ??
Must be nice to have such a profitable business ( motorcycle/scooter) that you can afford to close on Saturday's.
Oh thats awful. Because you really absolutely need those DRLs ASAP. Meanwhile those dicks are probably out riding or spending time with their families.

@old_as_dirt avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 GTS

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@old_as_dirt avatar
2007 GTS
UTC quote
tonyc wrote:
old as dirt wrote:
pray tell, why?

Popcorn emoticon
see the thread on the recent water pump rebuild
Water pump rebuid kit problem

not my issue but if you dig deep enough you can find out alot more.
UTC

Hooked
GTS 300

Hooked
GTS 300
UTC quote
I helped out a friend in Fl. who owns two very successful Yamaha stores for a few months when he lost his sales manager/F&I guy suddenly.

Saturday was the busiest day of the week for all departments.
We were open 6 days a week and took a day off during the week .

That's kind of the nature of the beast .

We could rotate a weekend off amongst ourselves .
@znomit avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@znomit avatar
UTC quote
DandyDoug wrote:
I helped out a friend in Fl. who owns two very successful Yamaha stores for a few months when he lost his sales manager/F&I guy suddenly.
Were they eaten by alligators? I hear from a reliable source that that can happen.

Or did they just not like working weekends?
UTC

Hooked
GTS 300

Hooked
GTS 300
UTC quote
znomit wrote:
DandyDoug wrote:
Were they eaten by alligators? I hear from a reliable source that that can happen.

Or did they just not like working weekends?
His long time sales manager/ F&I guy had the chance to own an auto repair shop. He was bankrolled by a customer and the last I heard he was doing great.
Probably working more hours than at the Yamaha store .
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0160s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0080s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]