@harbinger avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2023 Arancia Impulsivo Vespa GTS300 HPE , 2022 BMW R1250GSA 40th Anniversary, 2019 Ural Gear Up

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@harbinger avatar
2023 Arancia Impulsivo Vespa GTS300 HPE , 2022 BMW R1250GSA 40th Anniversary, 2019 Ural Gear Up
UTC quote
baba12 wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
Gotta give it to this guy, he's pretty hard core. I would really have to think twice about going out on 2 wheels today as it's still pretty slick.
Thats my setup on my Vespa GTS. This winter has been mild relatively speaking. I haven't yet put on the muffs. I do need to get some frogtoggs for the rains as instead of snow I think we are getting a bit more rains this winter.
Yeah our weather is pretty similar to yours and this winter so far has been more wet than anything. I still haven't put the skirt on the Vespa and have just been wearing Icebreaker long johns. They breath well so aren't too hot for indoor use. The skirt I think I will put on next week. One bladder is toast on the skirt and I have to swing by the Piaggio shop to get my speedo repaired. I'll see if Lou has a new one in stock.

https://www.icebreaker.com/en-ca/mens-baselayers/bodyfitzone-260-zone-leggings/104364.html?dwvar_104364_color=B04
@baba12 avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2018 Vespa 300 GTS Touring

Molto Verboso
@baba12 avatar
UTC quote
Quote:
One bladder is toast on the skirt
You could take it out and find the leak and use a plastic patch from a bicycle puncture repair kit. I had a leak as well and I sanded the area bit, put a patch and it has been fine.
@harbinger avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@harbinger avatar
UTC quote
baba12 wrote:
Quote:
One bladder is toast on the skirt
You could take it out and find the leak and use a plastic patch from a bicycle puncture repair kit. I had a leak as well and I sanded the area bit, put a patch and it has been fine.
Thanks, I'll schlep it up to the condo and have a look so I'm not trying to fix it in our freezing underground parking. I have to go the hardware store today and can pick up a patch kit.
@baba12 avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@baba12 avatar
UTC quote
Try to get a patch kit that works for both plastic/vinyl and rubber. I used a puncture patch that I had from my bicycle puncture kit it was a small square sticker. I think you can use good 3M scotch tape that would do the job too. Just sand both surfaces if use something like a contact cement with a patch.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0419s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0338s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]