OP
UTC

Banned

Banned
UTC quote
Hi does anyone know of a good motorcycle/scooter book to buy please. I need things like how to pass a test and safety.
UTC

Hooked
2016 GTS 300

Hooked
2016 GTS 300
UTC quote
Hi Spellburg,
"Proficient Motorcycling" by David Hough would be a good start.
If you want a book more specifically about passing a driving test, well it would depend partly on where you live ...
Cheers, Jim.
OP
UTC

Banned

Banned
UTC quote
Thanks Jim I'm from the UK.
UTC

Hooked
2016 GTS 300

Hooked
2016 GTS 300
UTC quote
Your govt's transport department must publish some sort of book of road rules. In NZ we have the "Road Code", which contains all the rules along with a study guide for your licence test and sample licence test questions. The UK equivalent of our "Road Code", together with "Proficient Motorcycling" or a similar book, would be a good start to read up ahead of an approved riding course (if there is one near you).
UTC

Molto Verboso
Vespa GTS 250ie

Molto Verboso
Vespa GTS 250ie
UTC quote
Strange as this may sound, the Owner's Manual has good tips on riding and maintenance, which plays into safety.
@dooglas avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Buddy Kick 125

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@dooglas avatar
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Buddy Kick 125
UTC quote
The Motorcycle Safety Foundation has a good library of riding references, including the booklet for their Basic course.

https://msf-usa.org/library.aspx
@gedmunds avatar
UTC

Addicted
Vespa GTS Super

Addicted
@gedmunds avatar
Vespa GTS Super
UTC quote
Check out Youtube as well, I didnt bother with any books just lots of different vids on each of the MOD's
@rrider avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Triumph Bonneville 2022, Triumph Street Scrambler 2018 (sold), Suzuki VanVan200 (sold), 2015 Sprint 125 (sold)

Ossessionato
@rrider avatar
Triumph Bonneville 2022, Triumph Street Scrambler 2018 (sold), Suzuki VanVan200 (sold), 2015 Sprint 125 (sold)
UTC quote
Dooglas wrote:
The Motorcycle Safety Foundation has a good library of riding references, including the booklet for their Basic course.

https://msf-usa.org/library.aspx
That's a quite nice set of material, thanks for sharing the link!

I have to confess I read through the basic course - I'm old enough to have a motorcycle license without ever been into classes

Around here, a full motorcycle license used to come automatically as a by-product with a driving license. Luckily I've started 2-wheelers early on, I guess I was 12-13 years old when I got my first moped...

One point caught my eye: keeping the distance. Just the last summer we had a lengthy discussion with a motorcycling friend of mine, who claimed that it's fully OK to ride just behind a car bumper, as a motorcycle stops so fast. And yes, she is a very, very experienced rider..... in the end, to her utter amazement, we shared the view well document in book found via the link above.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@wbdvt avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
'16 Sprint S 150, 2 x '06 GTS 250, '12 GTS 300, '74 Vespa 150 Super

Molto Verboso
@wbdvt avatar
'16 Sprint S 150, 2 x '06 GTS 250, '12 GTS 300, '74 Vespa 150 Super
UTC quote
There is also this book:

Proficient Scootering: A Comprehensive Guide to Safe, Efficient and Enjoyable Scooter Riding by Alan Hearnshaw
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0111s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0024s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]