OP
UTC

Addicted
Joined: UTC
Posts: 816
 
Addicted
Joined: UTC
Posts: 816
UTC quote
Moving to ne ohio, any advice on vespa, aprilia, piaggio dealers?
@bvbob avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
'95 Yamaha Riva 125- '05 Piaggio BV200-'05 Honda Reflex-'08 Honda Metropolitan
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1849
Location: Ohio
 
Molto Verboso
@bvbob avatar
'95 Yamaha Riva 125- '05 Piaggio BV200-'05 Honda Reflex-'08 Honda Metropolitan
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1849
Location: Ohio
UTC quote
Re: Dealer
zigzagguzzi wrote:
Moving to ne ohio, any advice on vespa, aprilia, piaggio dealers?
Here you go. Enthusiast owner and staff.

https://www.clevelandmoto.com/

Bob
@motovista avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GT 2.4
Joined: UTC
Posts: 9032
Location: Watts, Cherokee Nation
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@motovista avatar
GT 2.4
Joined: UTC
Posts: 9032
Location: Watts, Cherokee Nation
UTC quote
Re: Dealer
zigzagguzzi wrote:
Moving to ne ohio, any advice on vespa, aprilia, piaggio dealers?
Big State, care to narrow it down? Columbus has a very good dealer, and I think Cincinnati still does too.
UTC

Banned
2009 GTS 250, 2013 Buddy 125, 2014 Triumph Bonneville
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2038
Location: North Jersey
 
Banned
2009 GTS 250, 2013 Buddy 125, 2014 Triumph Bonneville
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2038
Location: North Jersey
UTC quote
Re: Dealer
Motovista wrote:
zigzagguzzi wrote:
Moving to ne ohio, any advice on vespa, aprilia, piaggio dealers?
Big State, care to narrow it down? Columbus has a very good dealer, and I think Cincinnati still does too.
He said NE Ohio so i guess it would be Cleveland and not Cincy.
@big_boys_mother avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2010 GTV250ie - Sienna Ivory, BMW F650CS, HD 883 Sportster
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1013
Location: North Coast - Rural
 
Molto Verboso
@big_boys_mother avatar
2010 GTV250ie - Sienna Ivory, BMW F650CS, HD 883 Sportster
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1013
Location: North Coast - Rural
UTC quote
Re: Dealer
BVBob wrote:
zigzagguzzi wrote:
Moving to ne ohio, any advice on vespa, aprilia, piaggio dealers?
Here you go. Enthusiast owner and staff.

https://www.clevelandmoto.com/

Bob
^^^^^^^^^^^
Located in the West Park - Kamm's Corner area of Cleveland (few miles north of CLE Airport).
FYI ... this dealership was the host for Amerivespa 2005; gives you an idea of longevity. 8)
@bvbob avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
'95 Yamaha Riva 125- '05 Piaggio BV200-'05 Honda Reflex-'08 Honda Metropolitan
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1849
Location: Ohio
 
Molto Verboso
@bvbob avatar
'95 Yamaha Riva 125- '05 Piaggio BV200-'05 Honda Reflex-'08 Honda Metropolitan
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1849
Location: Ohio
UTC quote
Re: Dealer
Big_Boys_Mother wrote:
BVBob wrote:
zigzagguzzi wrote:
Moving to ne ohio, any advice on vespa, aprilia, piaggio dealers?
Here you go. Enthusiast owner and staff.

https://www.clevelandmoto.com/

Bob
^^^^^^^^^^^
Located in the West Park - Kamm's Corner area of Cleveland (few miles north of CLE Airport).
FYI ... this dealership was the host for Amerivespa 2005; gives you an idea of longevity. 8)
Cleveland Moto has definitely been around for a long time. I remember when they were near the Westside Market. I think they were somewhere else before that. I live about 70 miles away but have used them for big maintenance. I will be taking my BV there in the Spring for new tires, brakes, etc.

Vespa of Cleveland (now defunct) hosted Amerivespa 2005. They were on Miles Road. A guy named Brett and his brother (forgot his name) owned that place. That was also a very nice shop. Two good guys.

I've been kicking around the idea of just going down to one scooter and getting a Yamaha XMAX but I don't think I can part with the BV. It just needs some maintenance etc. I will get rid of my Reflex and put the money towards making the BV perfect again. It is at 35,000 miles- old, like me!

Bob
@big_boys_mother avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2010 GTV250ie - Sienna Ivory, BMW F650CS, HD 883 Sportster
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1013
Location: North Coast - Rural
 
Molto Verboso
@big_boys_mother avatar
2010 GTV250ie - Sienna Ivory, BMW F650CS, HD 883 Sportster
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1013
Location: North Coast - Rural
UTC quote
Re: Dealer
BVBob wrote:
Big_Boys_Mother wrote:
BVBob wrote:
zigzagguzzi wrote:
Moving to ne ohio, any advice on vespa, aprilia, piaggio dealers?
Here you go. Enthusiast owner and staff.

https://www.clevelandmoto.com/

Bob
^^^^^^^^^^^
Located in the West Park - Kamm's Corner area of Cleveland (few miles north of CLE Airport).
FYI ... this dealership was the host for Amerivespa 2005; gives you an idea of longevity. 8)
Cleveland Moto has definitely been around for a long time. I remember when they were near the Westside Market. I think they were somewhere else before that. I live about 70 miles away but have used them for big maintenance. I will be taking my BV there in the Spring for new tires, brakes, etc.

Vespa of Cleveland (now defunct) hosted Amerivespa 2005. They were on Miles Road. A guy named Brett and his brother (forgot his name) owned that place. That was also a very nice shop. Two good guys ...
FYI ... Pride of Cleveland - Phil Waters - Amerivespa 2005 article.
I think this article speaks for itself of which Vespa dealer hosted Amerivespa 2005. The dealer is still around ... known as ClevelandMoto for many years.

Pride of Cleveland was in Ohio City (West Side Market) before its time. Then, relocated to far west Lakewoood, near the Valley; and, in the last few years closed Mentor satellite, and relocated flagship to Kamms/West Park. Changing the business name to reflect the diversity of the business.

To keep a PTW business, in NE Ohio, still in business, is a big thing!

The two brothers on Miles Road had very little traffic, due to location. That whole area is primarily Industrial/Commercial to this day.

Think abut this .. the HD dealership in Mentor, added Honda to its mix. Offering sales/service/parts for both. You have to do what you have to do to stay in business, especially as it relates to PTW, on the north coast! Look at the diversity ClevelandMoto has offered over the years.
@bvbob avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
'95 Yamaha Riva 125- '05 Piaggio BV200-'05 Honda Reflex-'08 Honda Metropolitan
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1849
Location: Ohio
 
Molto Verboso
@bvbob avatar
'95 Yamaha Riva 125- '05 Piaggio BV200-'05 Honda Reflex-'08 Honda Metropolitan
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1849
Location: Ohio
UTC quote
Re: Dealer
Big_Boys_Mother wrote:
BVBob wrote:
Big_Boys_Mother wrote:
BVBob wrote:
zigzagguzzi wrote:
Moving to ne ohio, any advice on vespa, aprilia, piaggio dealers?
Here you go. Enthusiast owner and staff.

https://www.clevelandmoto.com/

Bob
^^^^^^^^^^^
Located in the West Park - Kamm's Corner area of Cleveland (few miles north of CLE Airport).
FYI ... this dealership was the host for Amerivespa 2005; gives you an idea of longevity. 8)
Cleveland Moto has definitely been around for a long time. I remember when they were near the Westside Market. I think they were somewhere else before that. I live about 70 miles away but have used them for big maintenance. I will be taking my BV there in the Spring for new tires, brakes, etc.

Vespa of Cleveland (now defunct) hosted Amerivespa 2005. They were on Miles Road. A guy named Brett and his brother (forgot his name) owned that place. That was also a very nice shop. Two good guys ...
FYI ... Pride of Cleveland - Phil Waters - Amerivespa 2005 article.
I think this article speaks for itself of which Vespa dealer hosted Amerivespa 2005. The dealer is still around ... known as ClevelandMoto for many years.

Pride of Cleveland was in Ohio City (West Side Market) before its time. Then, relocated to far west Lakewoood, near the Valley; and, in the last few years closed Mentor satellite, and relocated flagship to Kamms/West Park. Changing the business name to reflect the diversity of the business.

To keep a PTW business, in NE Ohio, still in business, is a big thing!

The two brothers on Miles Road had very little traffic, due to location. That whole area is primarily Industrial/Commercial to this day.

Think abut this .. the HD dealership in Mentor, added Honda to its mix. Offering sales/service/parts for both. You have to do what you have to do to stay in business, especially as it relates to PTW, on the north coast! Look at the diversity ClevelandMoto has offered over the years.
Interesting read. I think I remember that there was some type of weirdness going on as to who hosted... I happened to be at Vespa of Cleveland the Saturday that event was going on to pick some parts. I remember about 30-40 scooters in that giant parking lot. I talked to a guy there and he said this is Amerivespa. Never the less- Cleveland Moto is the place for the O.P. to go. There is another "Vespa" dealer nearby- State 8, but they are a multi-line dealer and the couple times I stopped in they barely knew that they even sold Vespa/Piaggio products. Phil and his staff know their stuff. I will ride the 70+ miles for new tires because I trust them 100%. I have independent shops close by but when it comes to scooters they are clueless. Learned a costly lesson taking to a local shop for new tires the last go around. They broke my fork even though I provided them with the torque figures for ever bolt they had to touch. When I picked it up the tech told me he "really torqued down those pinch bolts so the wheel wouldn't fall off". Phil discovered it when I took it to him for something else.

Bob

Bob
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee
 

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com


All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.


[ Time: 0.1357s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0463s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]