@jixaw avatar
UTC

Hooked
2003 Vespa ET2

Hooked
@jixaw avatar
2003 Vespa ET2
UTC quote
hi all...i have been looking into getting some armored/rainproof overpants for my daily commute. ...i use motorcycle boots, gloves, jacket, but i usually am wearing my dress slacks.....

does anyone have any recommendations?..do you wear over paints over your dress pants when commuting?....id rather not look like the michelin man when i get to work ...so less bulk might be preferred

thanks all
@madison_sully avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
MP3 500, GTS 250 (both 2008 MY), 2013 Piaggio BV 350, 2014 Can Am Spyder RT

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@madison_sully avatar
MP3 500, GTS 250 (both 2008 MY), 2013 Piaggio BV 350, 2014 Can Am Spyder RT
UTC quote
Aerostich. I have Darien Light pants (and jacket).
Very nice, good stuff.
@travman avatar
UTC

GTS 300 Super

@travman avatar
GTS 300 Super
UTC quote
+1 on the Aerostich Dariens or AD1s if you just looking for overpants. For a full and best commuting suite, the the Aerostich R3 in regular or lite form depending on your riding temps.
@jkj-fz6 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
BV400, Primavera 150, Yamaha Zuma 125

Ossessionato
@jkj-fz6 avatar
BV400, Primavera 150, Yamaha Zuma 125
UTC quote
Bullfighters' leggings.

It had to be said. Razz emoticon
@harbinger avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2023 Arancia Impulsivo Vespa GTS300 HPE , 2022 BMW R1250GSA 40th Anniversary, 2019 Ural Gear Up

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@harbinger avatar
2023 Arancia Impulsivo Vespa GTS300 HPE , 2022 BMW R1250GSA 40th Anniversary, 2019 Ural Gear Up
UTC quote
JKJ-FZ6 wrote:
Bullfighters' leggings.

It had to be said. Razz emoticon
If you time it right you can get the red cape special.
@rosscooter avatar
UTC

Addicted
2014 GTV 300ie

Addicted
@rosscooter avatar
2014 GTV 300ie
UTC quote
I have a pair of Olympia armored mesh pants for summer. They actually have legs that zip off to transform to shorts. Of course they are useless as armored pants in the shorts configuration but for summer riding with a destination that you can "change into", they are great. When it is brutally hot here in the summer, I wear just those pants over boxers and no, you can't see through them. It makes for a cool ride and I can zip off the legs and go for a walk on teh beach.

Mine are very similar to these... a discontinued item in dark grey that was about a hundred bucks. https://olympiamotosports.com/en-US/products/men/pants/dakar-30-pewter

I also have a pair of insulated Belstaff overpants for cool-weather riding (super warm) and a pair of no name pants with removable upper-leg insulation which hardly ever get worn.
@rrider avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Triumph Bonneville 2022, Triumph Street Scrambler 2018 (sold), Suzuki VanVan200 (sold), 2015 Sprint 125 (sold)

Ossessionato
@rrider avatar
Triumph Bonneville 2022, Triumph Street Scrambler 2018 (sold), Suzuki VanVan200 (sold), 2015 Sprint 125 (sold)
UTC quote
Not going to be a party spoiler, but... (at this phase I would have been carried outside at the uni, party continued without me

Something is better than nothing - so having abrasive resistant material over normal clothes is that something, and is good for your skin if you'll go down.

But for impact protectors... those should fit snug and won't work properly if the garment is loose. It's a good rule of thumb, that if you can twist an impact protector, say a knee pad, to a wrong place by hand, it will certainly be in the wrong place in a situation of a sudden impact.

But I'm guessing yoy knew this and are just looking something abrasive resistant.... which is good indeed: I've heard a saying, that if one falls down into asphalt at speeds over 30 mph, with bare skin, every single mile per hour more takes 1 mm more away of the skin...don't know how factual that is, but having seen some "scars of the bike vets", it's easy to believe.
@tonyc avatar
UTC

Hooked
bv350, Brutale 910

Hooked
@tonyc avatar
bv350, Brutale 910
UTC quote
I wear a pair of tourmaster ventures as overpants. They're much nicer than the AGV/Cortechs I've had previously but obvs not as nice as Olympia/Dainese prouds.

as far as impact protection goes: hey, just like the gear itself, something is better than nothing.
@waspmike avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
LXV 150 3v ie. Midnight Blue (Sold) Now Honda Zoomer X

Ossessionato
@waspmike avatar
LXV 150 3v ie. Midnight Blue (Sold) Now Honda Zoomer X
UTC quote
Skate boarding knee and elbow pads? That doesn't help the hips though.
@mpfrank avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2020 MP3 500 HPE Sport ABS/ASR
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora Reina de los Ángeles sobre el Río Porciúncula

Ossessionato
@mpfrank avatar
2020 MP3 500 HPE Sport ABS/ASR
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora Reina de los Ángeles sobre el Río Porciúncula
UTC quote
I wear Sliders Four Seasons mesh overpants from Competition Accessories. They are a copy of earlier Fieldsheer pants. Unfortunately, they are no longer available.

I had a bad crash while wearing the Fieldsheers. The knee armor did protect my knees. I hit so hard that I was bruised even through the armor. Without it, it would have been much worse.

Yes, it could have been out of position, but in my case, luckily, it wasn't.
UTC

Ossessionato
GT200 & GTS250 & NC750X & Royal Enfield Pegasus

Ossessionato
GT200 & GTS250 & NC750X & Royal Enfield Pegasus
UTC quote
I googled for images of an armoured codpiece - I remember they used to have them on suits of armour years ago. Sadly I got images of an entirely different nature back (some sad, some disturbing). I should really of known better. Now I'm just waiting for google to put advertising for said "novelty items" on every page I visit
@harbinger avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@harbinger avatar
UTC quote
robinm wrote:
I googled for images of an armoured codpiece - I remember they used to have them on suits of armour years ago. Sadly I got images of an entirely different nature back (some sad, some disturbing). I should really of known better. Now I'm just waiting for google to put advertising for said "novelty items" on every page I visit
THAT is exactly what private browsing and the Brave browser is for . But yes it is amazing what can come up in an image search . And to think as a kid we used to work really hard to find nudie pics! Not to mention a single pic could take 10 minutes to download on a dial up connection... kids have it so easy now!
@grides avatar
UTC

2010 Vespa GTS 300, Honda Trail 125

@grides avatar
2010 Vespa GTS 300, Honda Trail 125
UTC quote
Aerostitch AD1 pants, if you need to you can order them with custom alterations. I found mine on sale for less than 1/2 price.

https://www.aerostich.com/suits/jackets-pants/ad1/ad1-motorcycle-pants.html
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0128s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0037s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]