@kz1000st avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Dongfang 170cc, CF Moto Fashion 250

Molto Verboso
@kz1000st avatar
UTC quote
This came in on Facebook. Too bad since this is about the only scooter rally in the Region.

All Good things eventually come to an End

After a great 10 year run, the A*Town Rumble Scooter Rally / JDRF Fundraiser is coming to an end. I know that many of you plan your Rally schedule well in advance, which is why I wanted to get the word out now. I'm afraid that we just don't have the manpower to do it right. So...If I can't be sure that we can make it a super weekend for all involved, I need to pull the plug.

The A*Town Rumblers will have a ride on July 11, 2020, but no other activities will be preceding or following that ride.

I want to thank all of our great attendees, sponsors, and volunteers over the years, helping us to raise over $50,000 for JDRF in our quest to cure type 1 Diabetes.

I'm still looking forward to crossing paths at other Rallys this year and beyond

Until then, Ride Safe!
@harbinger avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2023 Arancia Impulsivo Vespa GTS300 HPE , 2022 BMW R1250GSA 40th Anniversary, 2019 Ural Gear Up

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@harbinger avatar
2023 Arancia Impulsivo Vespa GTS300 HPE , 2022 BMW R1250GSA 40th Anniversary, 2019 Ural Gear Up
UTC quote
It is sad. The days of Rally's has come to an end and TBH I'm surprised there are still any. I was fortunate to be around during the heyday and it really was a lot of fun.
OP
@kz1000st avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@kz1000st avatar
UTC quote
I signed up one year but after paying for the Rally my plans changed and i couldn't go. I let them keep the money since it was a good cause. I live closer now and thought to do it sometime. Now there are just the motorcycle events here to ride.
@wbdvt avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
'16 Sprint S 150, 2 x '06 GTS 250, '12 GTS 300, '74 Vespa 150 Super

Molto Verboso
@wbdvt avatar
'16 Sprint S 150, 2 x '06 GTS 250, '12 GTS 300, '74 Vespa 150 Super
UTC quote
My wife and I were hoping to do that rally as it has been noted it is the only rally in this area of New England. There was a rally in ME, Shrimps Ski Run or something like that, that has also ceased.

Seems now the only nearby rally would the Three Mile Island SC Meltdown or there is Whiskey Dick, both in PA
@bazziemoto avatar
UTC

Hooked
1974 Vespa 125 Primavera, 1980 Bajaj Chetak, 1962 Lambretta 175TV3, 2006 Yamaha Vino

Hooked
@bazziemoto avatar
1974 Vespa 125 Primavera, 1980 Bajaj Chetak, 1962 Lambretta 175TV3, 2006 Yamaha Vino
UTC quote
wbdvt wrote:
My wife and I were hoping to do that rally as it has been noted it is the only rally in this area of New England. There was a rally in ME, Shrimps Ski Run or something like that, that has also ceased.

Seems now the only nearby rally would the Three Mile Island SC Meltdown or there is Whiskey Dick, both in PA
I mean, all the rallies are a bit of a haul, but there are plenty if you're willing to drive a few hours.

Whiskey Dick - Pocono Manor, PA (this rally is AMAZING)
Not Summit Point - Gettysburg, PA
Isle de Wolfe - Kingston, Ontario
New England Rally - Uxbridge, MA (vintage)
Ski's Shrimp Run - Tompsham, ME

Ski's did not officially happen this year, but they still did a casual campout with planned rides and the riding up there is AMAZING. Word has it that Ski's will be back in 2020. It usually happens toward the end of June and they don't announce it far in advance, so I would recommend following them on Facebook.

There is apparently also a rally in Buffalo, NY.

I would recommend joining the several Facebook groups for scooter rally dates.
@jkj-fz6 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
BV400, Primavera 150, Yamaha Zuma 125

Ossessionato
@jkj-fz6 avatar
UTC quote
You New Englanders could come to Amerivespa in Minneapolis! Ride to Niagara Falls, across Ontario to Sarnia & Port Huron, to Ludington Michigan. Take the Badger ferry across the lake to Manitowoc Wisconsin, say hello to Fledermaus, and cross the Land of Cheese to the Twin Cities. We'll welcome you!
@bazziemoto avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@bazziemoto avatar
UTC quote
JKJ-FZ6 wrote:
You New Englanders could come to Amerivespa in Minneapolis! Ride to Niagara Falls, across Ontario to Sarnia & Port Huron, to Ludington Michigan. Take the Badger ferry across the lake to Manitowoc Wisconsin, say hello to Fledermaus, and cross the Land of Cheese to the Twin Cities. We'll welcome you!
The real problem is time. Also, the club that I hang out with is vintage and no one wants to risk riding a vintage bike that far, both because of comfort and reliability, and also because there is a lot less interest for non-vintage events. About the furthest any of our folks go for rallies is Pennsylvania, unless it's a special vintage event like High Rollers or Lammy Jammy.
@karlsbadd avatar
UTC

Hooked
2018 Piaggio BV 350

Hooked
@karlsbadd avatar
2018 Piaggio BV 350
UTC quote
JKJ-FZ6 wrote:
Can you do those on a bigger scoot? I never know where and when I can join. I'd love to know.
@larrytsg avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
1979 P200e

Ossessionato
@larrytsg avatar
1979 P200e
UTC quote
There's one in Albany hosted by the A Town Rumblers, or something like that. Would love to go one day, and pop on over to Troy, where I spent many $$ and four years of my life.... the joke was "we were institutionalized".
@jkj-fz6 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@jkj-fz6 avatar
UTC quote
Karlsbadd, sure you can! See www.amerivespa.net.
@bazziemoto avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@bazziemoto avatar
UTC quote
Larrytsg wrote:
There's one in Albany hosted by the A Town Rumblers, or something like that. Would love to go one day, and pop on over to Troy, where I spent many $$ and four years of my life.... the joke was "we were institutionalized".
You should go back and read the original post in this thread. It is about how the A-Town Rumble in Albany is no more.
OP
@kz1000st avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@kz1000st avatar
@larrytsg avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
1979 P200e

Ossessionato
@larrytsg avatar
1979 P200e
UTC quote
Bazziemoto wrote:
Larrytsg wrote:
You should go back and read the original post in this thread. It is about how the A-Town Rumble in Albany is no more.
Dang, when I post on my phone I don't always go back to the top. Bummer.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0809s ][ Queries: 16 (0.0534s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]