OP
UTC

Lurker
VESPA GTS 300SUPERSPORT

Lurker
VESPA GTS 300SUPERSPORT
UTC quote
Hi i own a Vespa gts 300 super. I have an akrapovic sxhaust and Malossi Variator, Recentrly i have replaced malossi sliders with dr pulley 15g (weight)

It seema to be faster in acceleration, but so far i did not have the chance to drive out the city in a highway to check final spped.

Before this change i had 135-140 km/h top speed (depending weather)

I am not sure if the sliders weight is the correct, what i an looking for is top speed

Any suggestion how to play with sliders in order to gain some top speed km?
@motovista avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GT 2.4

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@motovista avatar
GT 2.4
UTC quote
Try different ones and see which ones make the bike faster where you live and ride. There is no correct size for all conditions.
OP
UTC

Lurker
VESPA GTS 300SUPERSPORT

Lurker
VESPA GTS 300SUPERSPORT
UTC quote
Motovista wrote:
Try different ones and see which ones make the bike faster where you live and ride. There is no correct size for all conditions.
Heavier or lighter at least any idea?? I am willing to go lighter .. thanx anyway
@mike_holland avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
GTS300 Super 2015 Blue, GTS300 Super 2023 Beige

Ossessionato
@mike_holland avatar
GTS300 Super 2015 Blue, GTS300 Super 2023 Beige
UTC quote
When I installed Dr.Pulley sliders in my Polini variator I immediately got belt rubbing and destroyed the crankcase gasket below the variator. The combination made the belt ride too high in the variator. So check your setup for any signs of rubbing. You might need a fatter washer in the variator.

Mike
@orange_s150 avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
S 190. Custom VNB 150

Molto Verboso
@orange_s150 avatar
S 190. Custom VNB 150
UTC quote
What worked best for me was same weight as stock with the dr pulley. Make sure they are in the right way or you can break things.
@motovista avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GT 2.4

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@motovista avatar
GT 2.4
UTC quote
Mike Holland wrote:
When I installed Dr.Pulley sliders in my Polini variator I immediately got belt rubbing and destroyed the crankcase gasket below the variator. The combination made the belt ride too high in the variator. So check your setup for any signs of rubbing. You might need a fatter washer in the variator.

Mike
That's when you need a heavier contra spring, to keep the variator from pushing the belt that high in the front.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0357s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0107s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]