OP
@bill_dog avatar
UTC

eeeee bip
BMW R1100RT The Problem Child Kymco Downtown 300 - I'm not the Uber Honda Cub - Scorched Earth Policy

eeeee bip
@bill_dog avatar
BMW R1100RT The Problem Child Kymco Downtown 300 - I'm not the Uber Honda Cub - Scorched Earth Policy
UTC quote
As some of you may have noticed I've taken some time away from Modern Vespa and I'd like to take this chance to explain why I needed some time away.

Initially it's was because of my health. The medication that I'm taking right now promotes hypertension and when you can feel your BPM's rising because you've got involved in a pointless argument you really have to decide what is important and this place compared to my well being isn't.

I've also recently sold the Kymco AK550 because I'm done with scooters.

It's a stunning bike but it has a flaw that's big enough for me to doubt it's dependability so it has to go.

It's going to be replaced with a Benelli Leoncino because I've really missed having a manual gearbox and no one where wasn't to hear about that so......

I also miss the old pre Bitza Modern Vespa. It really was like the Wild West and now it's become the Mild West where I can't speak my mind so rather than have to compromise myself I'd rather not post than see it being deleted soon after.

But the decider was being called a liar by Ashbrook on the Corona thread.

Now I'm many things but I only talk about my personal experiences or facts so to be accused of fabricating things was pretty upsetting so after 11 years I chose to walk away and that's it basically.

Take care all.

Bill x
@max6200 avatar
UTC

Banned
2006 GTS 250

Banned
@max6200 avatar
2006 GTS 250
UTC quote
Your post is so sincere. Your absence will be duly noted.
UTC

Hooked
piaggio hexagon

Hooked
piaggio hexagon
UTC quote

Sorry to hear that you`re leaving Bill, I always enjoyed reading your posts, and appreciated your involvement at Bitzas passing. Best wishes for your health, and good riding on the Benelli.
OP
@bill_dog avatar
UTC

eeeee bip

eeeee bip
@bill_dog avatar
UTC quote
Stuff
Thank you. I'll be back one day but MV isn't not a place where I can speak my mind any more.

My wings have been clipped and I can't talk to my friends in the US as I can't pm any longer and so I can't really see the point in sticking around.

Ride safe all.

Bill x
@max6200 avatar
UTC

Banned
2006 GTS 250

Banned
@max6200 avatar
2006 GTS 250
UTC quote
Re: Stuff
Bill Dog wrote:
Thank you. I'll be back one day but MV isn't not a place where I can speak my mind any more.

My wings have been clipped and I can't talk to my friends in the US as I can't pm any longer and so I can't really see the point in sticking around.

Ride safe all.

Bill x
We have been talking about your absence but then the thread got locked.
OP
@bill_dog avatar
UTC

eeeee bip

eeeee bip
@bill_dog avatar
UTC quote
Bonus
Yeah I saw that. I think that said it all. Don't you think ?

It was touching but it was odd for two reasons.

1 People felt that they could speak on behalf of me and

2 The same people who were reporting me to the moderators were the same people who were asking about me so just pick a team.

Bill x
⚠️ Last edited by Bill Dog on UTC; edited 1 time
@max6200 avatar
UTC

Banned
2006 GTS 250

Banned
@max6200 avatar
2006 GTS 250
UTC quote
Re: Bonus
Bill Dog wrote:

Bill x
I think you're just on to new beginnings. You will be back. 🌟
@breaknwind avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Red Devil SH150i (10,000)

Ossessionato
@breaknwind avatar
UTC quote
Write this down before it gets removed. wseely.eea@gmail.com It's my work because there's better security there. Don't expect fast responses because I don't check my Email daily.
@troutbum avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2012 Kymco Like 200i (Sold), 2018 FLSL

Ossessionato
@troutbum avatar
UTC quote
Bill your absence has been felt here. I agree post Bitza the forum has taken on a different vibe. I like the wild west days as you stated. It was fun and lively and people seems to roll with the punches. No more. Many quickly get offended and posts get deleted or worst, locked. We will keep a porch light on for you my friend.
@gopam avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2016 BMW R1200RT & 2007 GT200 & 2020 Vespa GTS SuperSport 300 HPE,2024 Honda ADV 160

Molto Verboso
@gopam avatar
2016 BMW R1200RT & 2007 GT200 & 2020 Vespa GTS SuperSport 300 HPE,2024 Honda ADV 160
UTC quote
Take care my friend. And in wild Wild West obnoxious spirit.......here you go.....
This is a rendition of a creature I battled in a nightmare
This is a rendition of a creature I battled in a nightmare
OP
@bill_dog avatar
UTC

eeeee bip

eeeee bip
@bill_dog avatar
UTC quote
Clip
You fought that ?

I'd shit my pants.

Oh, I already have shit my pants.

Bill x
@gopam avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@gopam avatar
UTC quote
Re: Clip
Bill Dog wrote:
You fought that ?

I'd shit my pants.

Oh, I already have shit my pants.

Bill x
I woke up before one of us died. And thankfully I didn't shit the bed
@johnymoore avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Vespa PX 177 Settantesimo, Vespa GTS Super 300 HPE, Triumph Bobber Gold Line

Molto Verboso
@johnymoore avatar
Vespa PX 177 Settantesimo, Vespa GTS Super 300 HPE, Triumph Bobber Gold Line
UTC quote
I miss your posts despite sometimes getting wound up by you. So for what it's worth I hope you are back soon. xxx
@sledge avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
GTS 300 HPE

Ossessionato
@sledge avatar
GTS 300 HPE
UTC quote
@flordian avatar
UTC

Rocket Man
GTS 300 ABS 'Drake', GTS 250 (sold), LX 150 and Delta IV rocket. ( Retired. Not my problem anymore)

Rocket Man
@flordian avatar
GTS 300 ABS 'Drake', GTS 250 (sold), LX 150 and Delta IV rocket. ( Retired. Not my problem anymore)
UTC quote
Daytona 500...Bill, you know the rest of the story.

B
@tor2ga avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Looking for the next one, probably electric

Ossessionato
@tor2ga avatar
Looking for the next one, probably electric
UTC quote
Bill, I wish you would stay, even if at reduced power level. You speak truth and knowledge and have respected opinions. And you have far and away the most "ass in the saddle " Credibility of anybody here.

I understand your health issues, so do what you have to do.

WWBS (What Would Bitsa Say?)
@belkwinith avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
Honda CTX 700 DN Automatic Motorcycle

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@belkwinith avatar
Honda CTX 700 DN Automatic Motorcycle
UTC quote
Shoot, we all wish we could go back to 2008. There's no shame in longing for the Good Old Days... Back when all of us nit wits and wanna-be Oscar Wilde's could just shoot our mouths off, laugh like idiots, go to bed, get up the next day and do it again. But we can't Go back.

And the most successful people are those who accept, and adapt to constant change. This adaptability requires a degree of flexibility and humility most people can't manage." -Paul Lutus

I don't want anyone to leave. But civility is not a jail sentence. Leaving is a choice. But so is coming back. The door should always be open.
@budz avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
GTS 300 Super ABS/ASR (sold), BV 350 ABS/ASR (crashed)

Molto Verboso
@budz avatar
GTS 300 Super ABS/ASR (sold), BV 350 ABS/ASR (crashed)
UTC quote
This seems to be the week of goodbyes. A friend died a couple of days ago, not COVID-19 related but of natural causes, he was 60...

Bill, I will miss you and thank you for connecting me with my BV350. I shall always think of you fondly and be grateful for the BV350. Be well and stay healthy old friend...
OP
@bill_dog avatar
UTC

eeeee bip

eeeee bip
@bill_dog avatar
UTC quote
Such
It was my pleasure connecting you with the seller and I'm so glad that you're happy with the bike.

I'm not really saying goodbye as such I'd just like others to understand why I've decided to take a sabbatical.

Now I'll be free to admit that I've made mistakes ( mostly born from my own hubris ) but when you find yourself getting your panties in a knot over whether a rider decides to distract themselves by listening to music you really have to ask yourself is it worth it ?

The answer is a resounding no as it's not my job to convince them otherwise.

Bizta wouldn't have given a shit but he would have called you a fooking idiot for doing it.

God I really miss that guy. He spoke his mind and didn't give a toss about the consequences.

Now I agree that we have to adapt but Modern Vespa seems to be echoing society where you can no longer speak your mind through fear of upsetting some one because their view or opinion conflicts with yours.

So rather than let that get to me I'd rather not bother.

Bill x
@super-fly avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Vespa GTS300ie

Molto Verboso
@super-fly avatar
Vespa GTS300ie
UTC quote
Re: Absent
Bill Dog wrote:
It's going to be replaced with a Benelli Leoncino because I've really missed having a manual gearbox and no one where wasn't to hear about that so......
Looks Nice . I also crave for a normal bike with gears Sometimes , Last year when my T-max was in for service/mot I had the MT-03 demo and that was great fun
It's also the same price as a GTS 300. and half the price of a new T-max 560
OP
@bill_dog avatar
UTC

eeeee bip

eeeee bip
@bill_dog avatar
UTC quote
Bonus
I think that hooning around on the little Benelli has made me realise just how much I've missed a manual gear box and you really need it when you're trying to milk the very best from it's 11.5 HP.

It's steered me to want to have the same but bigger.

Bill x
UTC

Addicted
2022 Honda PCX 150A, 2018 GTS300 [sold] & 2015 GTS300 Super [sold]

Addicted
2022 Honda PCX 150A, 2018 GTS300 [sold] & 2015 GTS300 Super [sold]
UTC quote
Bill Dog, It's a shame to see you go. I appreciate your feedback in the forum and to me personally (via PM) a few months ago when I was looking at a Kymco Xciting. For the record, I was never offended by your comments. In disagreement sometimes, yes, but offended? No. IMHO It's hard for the moderators to keep the forum neutral, especially these days when everyone gets all worked up over everything. I appreciate the moderators' hard work and realize they've been charged with an impossible task. Having said that, I'll hope you'll reconsider. Your experience is needed here.
OP
@bill_dog avatar
UTC

eeeee bip

eeeee bip
@bill_dog avatar
UTC quote
Blind
Thank you that's very kind of you to say that.

Seriously I'd like to share my experience but recently when I did talk about the dangers of riding with music being played in your helmet blocking out the things you should be listening for I got laughed out of town.

My point was that if you havn't had a near miss or an accident so far it's been working for you.

If it hasn't you may not be here to speak about it.

It's a bit like having an affair or two. All the time you're not getting caught you don't consider the chances of being found out.

In reality no one's pride is going to allow them to say - yup fair enough I think I've made a misjudgement and so they have a tendency to dig their heels in and argue the toss.

If my riding legacy means anything it's taught me how to stay alive even when I'm riding on empty - actually and metaphorically so I'm happy to share but if you imply I know nothing when you're just riding to the coffee shop then i don't want to know.

It's up to you guys basically if I'm going to stick around.

Bill x
@max6200 avatar
UTC

Banned
2006 GTS 250

Banned
@max6200 avatar
2006 GTS 250
UTC quote
Re: Bonus
Bill Dog wrote:

It was touching but it was odd.
The only reason it got locked was exactly what you said. Talking behind your back was not proper. I was just trying to be my funny self.

Stay well,

Maximiano
OP
@bill_dog avatar
UTC

eeeee bip

eeeee bip
@bill_dog avatar
UTC quote
Biffa
It wasn't about you Max but I was specific about the people I was talking to about as to how I was and why I was stepping back.

10 minutes later the same people are sharing that information and speaking on my behalf without my permission.

A bit puzzling and disappointing.

Bill x
@breaknwind avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@breaknwind avatar
UTC quote
Bill.
Most of the time your opinion mirrors mine.
Conversational problems will always exist because of interpretation. Example: If 10 people read the constitution/bible and someone asks them what they think about what they read, rarely will all of them (even 2 of them) have the same opinion.
The biggest problem IMHO is when someone blatantly insults another person. You can disagree with someone and question their qualifications without insulting them. You do have a problem with this.
At risk of criticizing the moderators, this is where they are showing favoritism. All insults(even thinly veiled) to a members character and qualifications should be addressed, not just a select few.
Stay frosty, Will.
OP
@bill_dog avatar
UTC

eeeee bip

eeeee bip
@bill_dog avatar
UTC quote
Bong
It totally agree with about people reading what they want to into points that you're trying to make and that will only grow if you've disagreed before.

You could argue that my copy book is so heavily blotted with my contrarian views so I've brought many members collective wraths upon myself which is fair enough but I've never contradicted for the sake of it. It's just on that matter I don't agree with you.

Now I'm blunt and inarticulate at times but I don't ever set out to insult unlike others.

I have a target on my back because I open my mouth without sugar coating my words and if my views and my experiences are the opposite of yours it doesn't make them any less valid.

That's it basically.

Bill x
@soul_surfer avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
[SOLD] 2018 GTS300 Super Sport - Donatello Vespace

Molto Verboso
@soul_surfer avatar
UTC quote
I totally get it. Sad but true, there will always be those who fly in the face of truth and science. They will do and say things just to get a rise out of you and watch you explode like a cluster bomb going off. You said it right - "Is it really worth it?" It has taken me over 55 years to literally "get over myself". It took some personal development classes and learning to understand the trigger points, while remembering how to diffuse the bomb before it going off. NOT EASY.

Sometimes walking away to reassess the true meaning of what's important, allows you to come back (if you choose), with a better perspective. I think the mods try their best and sadly the T5Bitza [sic] daze are gone, so like the current pandemic, it is incumbent on us all to reinvent the new normal. Just my 2¢

☮️
@sdg avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
63 GS160 MK1 / GT60 / Sean Wotherspoon

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@sdg avatar
UTC quote
Soul Surfer wrote:
Sometimes walking away to reassess the true meaning of what's important, allows you to come back (if you choose), with a better perspective.

☮️
Your words are brilliant SS but also it doesn't always work, the perspective thing. The jabs are already flying and this thread will get locked.

I'm a Vespa guy, I love Vespas, that's the only reason I'm here.

☮️

SDG
@soul_surfer avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@soul_surfer avatar
UTC quote
SDG wrote:
Soul Surfer wrote:
Sometimes walking away to reassess the true meaning of what's important, allows you to come back (if you choose), with a better perspective.

☮️
Your words are brilliant SS but also it doesn't always work, the perspective thing. The jabs are already flying and this thread will get locked.

☮️

SDG
Well, on a fun note, I went out for a ride with my partner-in-antics, riding pillion. I used my GoPro8 Black as a "Helmet-Cam". I'm looking forward to the result and may post a link. How that for non-political? LOL.
@sdg avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@sdg avatar
UTC quote
Soul Surfer wrote:
SDG wrote:
Soul Surfer wrote:

☮️

☮️

SDG
Well, on a fun note, I went out for a ride with my partner-in-antics, riding pillion. I used my GoPro8 Black as a "Helmet-Cam". I'm looking forward to the result and may post a link. How that for non-political? LOL.
That's why I'm here. Can't wait to see the link!

SDG
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300

Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
UTC quote
Re: Bong
Bill Dog wrote:
It totally agree with about people reading what they want to into points that you're trying to make and that will only grow if you've disagreed before.

You could argue that my copy book is so heavily blotted with my contrarian views so I've brought many members collective wraths upon myself which is fair enough but I've never contradicted for the sake of it. It's just on that matter I don't agree with you.

Now I'm blunt and inarticulate at times but I don't ever set out to insult unlike others.

I have a target on my back because I open my mouth without sugar coating my words and if my views and my experiences are the opposite of yours it doesn't make them any less valid.

That's it basically.

Bill x
I wish I didn't have to put my moderator's hat on, but here goes:

[hat on]
Part of the reason you've had so much flack is that you keep repeating this 'basic' whinge about how you're treated. It has become really boring for the moderators to keep getting complaints about it!

Please Bill, if you've stated something once, that should be enough. You don't have to keep ramming it down people's throats in a forlorn attempt to get them to agree with you. You do not need the last word.

We are all really sorry to hear of your condition, but please don't let the meds make you forget about the 'Just walk away' button.
[hat off]

I look forward to some spirited riding with you sometime in the future, when the present clouds have lifted.
OP
@bill_dog avatar
UTC

eeeee bip

eeeee bip
@bill_dog avatar
UTC quote
Base
Jim I think you misunderstand what I'm actually saying or whinging about as you put it.

My points at is if you tell the truth and go against the narrative you won't win any fans and I've always been fine with that. It's the price you pay when you point out that the Emperor has no clothes.

However if you're going to chastise me while ignoring the fact that the above poster has consistently broken an agreement to not shit all over my threads it just goes to show just how biased the moderators are so apply the once is enough rule to that.

And that's OK also. I get it.

What's that quote from Winston Churchill - You have enemies ? Good. That means that you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

Take care all.

Bill x
@troutbum avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@troutbum avatar
UTC quote
SDG wrote:
Soul Surfer wrote:

☮️

☮️

SDG
You're right it doesn't always work as evidenced by your reply.

Walk away. I'm sure with the 1000s of topics on MV you can find some that truly interest you.
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor

Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
UTC quote
Re: Base
Bill Dog wrote:
Jim I think you misunderstand what I'm actually saying or whinging about as you put it.

My points at is

[etc etc]

Bill, you've earned yourself a time-out of 30 days for repeating yourself YET AGAIN and (presumably) not realising you've done it. If you did know you'd done it you'd have earned an outright ban.

Please behave with more consideration for all the rest of us who don't mind you saying something straight the first time, but get bloody fed up when you just keep beating the same old dying horse.

Sheesh.

@sdg avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@sdg avatar
UTC quote
TroutBum wrote:
SDG wrote:
Soul Surfer wrote:

☮️

☮️

SDG
You're right it doesn't always work as evidenced by your reply.

Walk away. I'm sure with the 1000s of topics on MV you can find some that truly interest you.
Oh I have Trout for nearly 14 years. I think that was my point. I hope you are well and safe.

Best,
SDG
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor

Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
UTC quote
Having given Bill a time-out, it's only fair to lock this thread.

Play nicely one and all.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0222s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0050s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]