OP
UTC

Gts 125 super ABS

Gts 125 super ABS
UTC quote
Hi, first post!
I've got myself a gts 125 and dont yet have a cbt (end of may hopefully) so I've had the scooter in my garage for a couple of weeks. It's been washed, polished and caressed a few times. I get tempted to buy the crash bars etc to protect the scoot but I wanted to know the longevity of owning a 125, once I get the cbt I plan to do a full licence, half to be able to ride bigger, half to get rid of the L plates. I will be riding with a passenger occasionally. I'm sure il enjoy riding the vespa, but in anyone's experience do you get cravings for the bigger bike, before I spend money I could have saved for a 300cc maybe

Thanks
@gedmunds avatar
UTC

Addicted
Vespa GTS Super

Addicted
@gedmunds avatar
Vespa GTS Super
UTC quote
The 125 gts is a great little machine I had mine 4 yrs before doing my license and getting the 300, it depends what kind of riding you are doing, the only issue I had was riding with mates on faster machines, I could keep up but was booting the life out of it constantly.

Crash bars are a good idea, essential if you are parking in busy bike bays, they are also transferable, so if you get them for the 125 you can put them on a 300 further down the rd.

The GTS also holds its money quite well if looked after, I'd ride the 125 for a while then get your test booked.

Good luck and welcome to the club!
@attila avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@attila avatar
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956
UTC quote
Welcome to ModernVespa from Italy.
@johnymoore avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Vespa PX 177 Settantesimo, Vespa GTS Super 300 HPE, Triumph Bobber Gold Line

Molto Verboso
@johnymoore avatar
Vespa PX 177 Settantesimo, Vespa GTS Super 300 HPE, Triumph Bobber Gold Line
UTC quote
Welcome to the forum.

Are they running CBTs during lockdown? Must be frustrating waiting to do that. It is expensive getting the full license but a nice feeling when you remove the L plates.
@louswheel avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
150 Sprint Veloce, RE Meteor 350

Molto Verboso
@louswheel avatar
150 Sprint Veloce, RE Meteor 350
UTC quote
Welcome
Welcome to MV, I see your from Kettering, I was born and bred there! The GTS is a great scooter, and has quite a sturdy engine- one thing to point out though- keep an eye out for rust, particually underneath, road salt can soon bugger it up!

Graham
@max6200 avatar
UTC

Banned
2006 GTS 250

Banned
@max6200 avatar
2006 GTS 250
UTC quote
Welcome from across the pond.

It sounds like it is ready to go. Take some pictures and post here.

Congratulations on your new purchase.
OP
UTC

Gts 125 super ABS

Gts 125 super ABS
UTC quote
Hi

Thanks for the welcome. I had a feeling someone might mention Kettering(seems to be one of those places lol). I'm booked in for the cbt ..but I dont know if the guy running the place is guessing he'll be up and running by then. Thanks for the advice with the crash bars, noted. Heres my best mate with my new ride
Pic1
Pic1
Pic2
Pic2
@fledermaus avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fledermaus avatar
UTC quote
Welcome to MV!

Looks like you have a few weeks to bond with it! Caresses are always appreciated.

Whether you get the itch to move up in size varies a lot on the individual. For me it was more venturing out onto larger roads/highways and putting on more miles that got me. Plus, I'm a large guy, so my 150 was a lot more sluggish than for someone 100 pounds lighter.

Good luck with the license and enjoy the ride!
@gedmunds avatar
UTC

Addicted
Vespa GTS Super

Addicted
@gedmunds avatar
Vespa GTS Super
UTC quote
johnymoore wrote:
Welcome to the forum.

Are they running CBTs during lockdown? Must be frustrating waiting to do that. It is expensive getting the full license but a nice feeling when you remove the L plates.
Phoenix are doing them on a 1-2-1 basis for the same price as the group cbt.
@dooglas avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Buddy Kick 125

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@dooglas avatar
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Buddy Kick 125
UTC quote
threecups99 wrote:
Heres my best mate with my new ride
Both lookin' good! Welcome to MV.
OP
UTC

Gts 125 super ABS

Gts 125 super ABS
UTC quote
Well I guess it wouldn't hurt buying a couple of add ons, just to protect the paintwork of course. Do you guys like the real deal piaggio extras or are brands like faco just as good? What's easier to get hold of in England as well I guess. I chanced a vespa vj1 helmet from germany and got away with it as it fits, would have been a 60 quid return. Looks damn good tho. Just about fits under the seat (what's that all about!) Also looking for a good bag to stick on the rack on the back
@fledermaus avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fledermaus avatar
UTC quote
threecups99 wrote:
Well I guess it wouldn't hurt buying a couple of add ons, just to protect the paintwork of course. Do you guys like the real deal piaggio extras or are brands like faco just as good? What's easier to get hold of in England as well I guess. I chanced a vespa vj1 helmet from germany and got away with it as it fits, would have been a 60 quid return. Looks damn good tho. Just about fits under the seat (what's that all about!) Also looking for a good bag to stick on the rack on the back
You will, of course, get varying opinions, but I've used a fair amount of FACO products and have had no complaints. Crash bars vary in effectiveness, and while mine have served me well in a few tipovers, IIRC, the Piaggio is more protective.
@duck_dodgers avatar
UTC

Hooked
2016 GTV

Hooked
@duck_dodgers avatar
2016 GTV
UTC quote
Benvenuti nella casa delle scimmie. From Central California.
UTC

Ossessionato
2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs/asr/ess Settantesimo '70'

Ossessionato
2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs/asr/ess Settantesimo '70'
UTC quote
Welcome from North Essex in the UK. Good luck with your scoot and the CBT will be a formality I'm sure. Post often!
@somerset avatar
UTC

Addicted
2019 Honda - The Monkey

Addicted
@somerset avatar
2019 Honda - The Monkey
UTC quote
Welcome from Somerset UK.

somerset
@harbinger avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2023 Arancia Impulsivo Vespa GTS300 HPE , 2022 BMW R1250GSA 40th Anniversary, 2019 Ural Gear Up

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@harbinger avatar
2023 Arancia Impulsivo Vespa GTS300 HPE , 2022 BMW R1250GSA 40th Anniversary, 2019 Ural Gear Up
UTC quote
Welcome from the great white north. Nice looking scoot and pooch

Meh depends on how you ride. The 125 is a nice scoot and gets the job done. The 300 has more power obviously and is better 2 up but for city riding and the occasion rural road you'll be fine. Good resale so if you want a 300 up the road that helps. Crash bars are a great idea especially as pointed out for parking. You can have fun at any speed. I have 3 bikes and have just as much fun on my slower beast as my faster rides.
OP
UTC

Gts 125 super ABS

Gts 125 super ABS
UTC quote
I like the design of the faco rear crash bars. I've been watching that 'Robot' guy on YouTube he seems to know his stuff and fits them. I'm not doing any commuting or anything so it's literally just being used for fun. These things really do look to hold there value. Mines a 19 plate with 450miles on the clock, got it for £3200. Just from looking around I bet it's nearly worth that in a years time! The only thing with buying new is, il never learn how to fix and fiddle with one - maybe for the best
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0112s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0021s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]