Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:32 am

parallelogramerist
Joined: 26 Oct 2015
Posts: 3953

 
parallelogramerist
Joined: 26 Oct 2015
Posts: 3953

Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:32 am linkquote
Then I used my big 220v welder for gluing the two 1/4" pieces together. It has very good penetration, so I'm very confident with the strength of the whole switch housing now.





Last edited by whodatschrome on Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:34 am

parallelogramerist
Joined: 26 Oct 2015
Posts: 3953

 
parallelogramerist
Joined: 26 Oct 2015
Posts: 3953

Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:34 am linkquote
Drilling and tapping was next...



Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:36 am

parallelogramerist
Joined: 26 Oct 2015
Posts: 3953

 
parallelogramerist
Joined: 26 Oct 2015
Posts: 3953

Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:36 am linkquote
And then grinding down the plate to match the contour to match the same shape as the M/C.



Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:37 am

parallelogramerist
Joined: 26 Oct 2015
Posts: 3953

 
parallelogramerist
Joined: 26 Oct 2015
Posts: 3953

Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:37 am linkquote
Another angle...



Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:38 am

Ossessionato
79 P200E (Ruby), 62 Allstate (B-62), 2008 Stella (Olive)
Joined: 11 Jan 2006
Posts: 3284
Location: Florence, OR
 
Ossessionato
79 P200E (Ruby), 62 Allstate (B-62), 2008 Stella (Olive)
Joined: 11 Jan 2006
Posts: 3284
Location: Florence, OR
Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:38 am linkquote
Phenomenal - holy crap, that's awesome......
Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:39 am

parallelogramerist
Joined: 26 Oct 2015
Posts: 3953

 
parallelogramerist
Joined: 26 Oct 2015
Posts: 3953

Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:39 am linkquote
And with the M/C bolted to the switch housing.



Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:45 am

parallelogramerist
Joined: 26 Oct 2015
Posts: 3953

 
parallelogramerist
Joined: 26 Oct 2015
Posts: 3953

Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:45 am linkquote
And mounted up on the headset, this is what it looks like. By far, the most difficult part was just making sure that I had the M/C in the exact position that I wanted it. I made it so that it has the exact same offsets and (fore/aft, up/down, and side to side as a standard PX disc lower headset.



Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:49 am

Ossessionato
P208, Stella VMC Stelvio 187, Stella 150, VNX1T, V9A1T, V9B1T, 02 Sportster XLH1208
Joined: 20 Jul 2018
Posts: 4047
Location: Staten Island, NY
 
Ossessionato
P208, Stella VMC Stelvio 187, Stella 150, VNX1T, V9A1T, V9B1T, 02 Sportster XLH1208
Joined: 20 Jul 2018
Posts: 4047
Location: Staten Island, NY
Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:49 am linkquote
Awesome job! That is going to be a fun ride now.
Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:49 am

parallelogramerist
Joined: 26 Oct 2015
Posts: 3953

 
parallelogramerist
Joined: 26 Oct 2015
Posts: 3953

Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:49 am linkquote
Sharp eyes will notice that I rotated the 1/4" plate before I welded it in. By doing that, it makes WAY better ergonomics for the wrist. I didn't measure the exact degree that I rotated it forwards and down, but probably 15~20 degrees? I'll have to measure it at some point.





Last edited by whodatschrome on Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:59 am

parallelogramerist
Joined: 26 Oct 2015
Posts: 3953

 
parallelogramerist
Joined: 26 Oct 2015
Posts: 3953

Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:59 am linkquote
And with it finish up, i think it came out great. My goal it to have it nice enough that I don't have to use any sort of filler to hide any scratches before it gets painted.

The whole master cylinder mounting project was pretty fun. Nothing was difficult, except that I like to have locked in a game plan before I start fabricating stuff, but there was no game plan on this. I couldn't find any sort of documentation online about anyone doing the same thing to an Allstate headset, but I'm sure that at some point over the years there has been some crazy European who has done something like that before. But here in the US, those type of mods aren't as common.





Last edited by whodatschrome on Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:26 am

Molto Verboso
Vespa
Joined: 19 Jun 2007
Posts: 1457
Location: California
 
Molto Verboso
Vespa
Joined: 19 Jun 2007
Posts: 1457
Location: California
Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:26 am linkquote
dang mad skilz whodat not an allstate front no more.
Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:05 am

Ossessionato
1979 P150X, 1983 P200E, 1988 T5, 1995 PX200E, 2011 Yamaha Fazer 600 S2
Joined: 02 Aug 2015
Posts: 3336
Location: Veria, Greece
 
Ossessionato
1979 P150X, 1983 P200E, 1988 T5, 1995 PX200E, 2011 Yamaha Fazer 600 S2
Joined: 02 Aug 2015
Posts: 3336
Location: Veria, Greece
Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:05 am linkquote
Mad Skillz!!! I was going to suggest giving an angle to the plate but you already beat me to it. Did the same on my P. I always found the stock PX B.M.C. position very strenuous on the wrist and that's probably why you get a "wooden" feeling from the brake. I guess they did it this way for the levers to be symmetrical with each other...



Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:51 pm

The Dude
Too Many piles of Junk that need too much work and too much money
Joined: 06 May 2019
Posts: 1450
Location: PNW from LBC
 
The Dude
Too Many piles of Junk that need too much work and too much money
Joined: 06 May 2019
Posts: 1450
Location: PNW from LBC
Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:51 pm linkquote
That is some fine work WDC! Good to see something like this done a different model with the split headset. Unique and cool!
Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:47 pm

Ossessionato
62 VBB1T Round Tail W/ leaner sidecar
Joined: 26 Jan 2019
Posts: 3284
Location: california
 
Ossessionato
62 VBB1T Round Tail W/ leaner sidecar
Joined: 26 Jan 2019
Posts: 3284
Location: california
Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:47 pm linkquote
Very nice indeed.
That's gonna be one sweet allstate
Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:48 pm

parallelogramerist
Joined: 26 Oct 2015
Posts: 3953

 
parallelogramerist
Joined: 26 Oct 2015
Posts: 3953

Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:48 pm linkquote
SaFiS wrote:
Mad Skillz!!! I was going to suggest giving an angle to the plate but you already beat me to it. Did the same on my P. I always found the stock PX B.M.C. position very strenuous on the wrist and that's probably why you get a "wooden" feeling from the brake. I guess they did it this way for the levers to be symmetrical with each other...
Thank you for the compliment SaFis. It sounds like great minds think alike! I've never liked the angle of the stock PX hydro MC. I never though the reasoning could have been for symmetry? I rolled the master cylinder on my T5 waaaay forward, and it's absolutely spot on with the dropped headset. But looking it now, yes, the symmetry is way off then the gear change tube is in neutral...but is spot on when flat out in 4th!



Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:54 pm

parallelogramerist
Joined: 26 Oct 2015
Posts: 3953

 
parallelogramerist
Joined: 26 Oct 2015
Posts: 3953

Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:54 pm linkquote
Also, thanks you everyone else for the compliments. Perhaps it will give others inspiration and ideas for their projects as well?...because I only got motivated to work on my Allstate again after seeing everyone else here wrenching in their Allstate's. So if it wasn't for all the Allstate projects happening on MV, mine could still be under a cover for the next 7 years!
Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:58 pm

parallelogramerist
Joined: 26 Oct 2015
Posts: 3953

 
parallelogramerist
Joined: 26 Oct 2015
Posts: 3953

Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:58 pm linkquote
So I couldn't stand looking at the PX's hydro lever. It's just way too out of place on the old scooter. The old lever is in the left, the PX on the right.



Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:59 pm

parallelogramerist
Joined: 26 Oct 2015
Posts: 3953

 
parallelogramerist
Joined: 26 Oct 2015
Posts: 3953

Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:59 pm linkquote
I cut about an 1" off the end, sanded down the profile a bit, then polished it up a bit. It's a much better shape now.



Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:01 pm

parallelogramerist
Joined: 26 Oct 2015
Posts: 3953

 
parallelogramerist
Joined: 26 Oct 2015
Posts: 3953

Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:01 pm linkquote
I didn't want to have too sharp of a point at the end of the lever, just some that didn't look too out of place. So this is close enough for me.



Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:10 pm

parallelogramerist
Joined: 26 Oct 2015
Posts: 3953

 
parallelogramerist
Joined: 26 Oct 2015
Posts: 3953

Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:10 pm linkquote
I'm not kinda switching gears and an hoping to sort out the front fender. The blue one was on it when I got the scooter, but it needed to be shimmed to get it to fit over the PK fork. That shimming caused the fender to not be centered over the wheel. I was planning on "going the easy route", so I bought a PLC fiberglass fender that is design to fit the PK fork, and it kinda looks like crap from the front....



Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:14 pm

parallelogramerist
Joined: 26 Oct 2015
Posts: 3953

 
parallelogramerist
Joined: 26 Oct 2015
Posts: 3953

Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:14 pm linkquote
....and the view from the rear rhymes with "fleece of spit". I'm not really sure how that it's even possible to build a fender so poorly.



Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:21 pm

parallelogramerist
Joined: 26 Oct 2015
Posts: 3953

 
parallelogramerist
Joined: 26 Oct 2015
Posts: 3953

Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:21 pm linkquote
...so I bought a another (different) fender from SIP. I wanted to start fresh with a bare steel fender so that I wouldn't have to sand any paint (and or filler?). My plan is to create a bulge (for shock clearance) on the PK fork so that I can have the fender completely centered over the wheel.



Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:46 pm

Veni, Vidi, Posti
74 Super, 75 Super, PX project, LML off-roader and new to 2018, '66 Blue Badge Smallframe
Joined: 30 Nov 2011
Posts: 8172
Location: Victoria, Australia
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
74 Super, 75 Super, PX project, LML off-roader and new to 2018, '66 Blue Badge Smallframe
Joined: 30 Nov 2011
Posts: 8172
Location: Victoria, Australia
Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:46 pm linkquote
That lever will go through your thigh now with almost no effort at all!!

Seriously nice job.

I looked a Craig's PLC mudguard on the weekend (though his was for a Zip fork in a smallframe), and you're right. It's horrible. It's made from fibreglass, so how damn hard is it to make sure the seam molding looks like a proper seam?! He said it was hard to rub down for paint because it flexed a lot, and that painting actually stiffened it up! Does make me question their other products.
Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:32 pm

Ossessionato
62 VBB1T Round Tail W/ leaner sidecar
Joined: 26 Jan 2019
Posts: 3284
Location: california
 
Ossessionato
62 VBB1T Round Tail W/ leaner sidecar
Joined: 26 Jan 2019
Posts: 3284
Location: california
Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:32 pm linkquote
Quote:
"fleece of spit".
Hahahaha.
Uh huh.

All looking good and nice work on the brake lever. Much better looking, and dangerous. Perfect.

Not sure the plan for getting it sprayed - but I had some good luck with one of those custom color match spray cans for some touch up recently. $20 for a can. Not bad.

Enjoying watching u bring this into ur own.
Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:05 pm

parallelogramerist
Joined: 26 Oct 2015
Posts: 3953

 
parallelogramerist
Joined: 26 Oct 2015
Posts: 3953

Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:05 pm linkquote
Ginch wrote:
That lever will go through your thigh now with almost no effort at all!!

Seriously nice job.

I looked a Craig's PLC mudguard on the weekend (though his was for a Zip fork in a smallframe), and you're right. It's horrible. It's made from fibreglass, so how damn hard is it to make sure the seam molding looks like a proper seam?! He said it was hard to rub down for paint because it flexed a lot, and that painting actually stiffened it up! Does make me question their other products.
I'm kinda half tempted to try out their Smallframe ET3 shaped fender that's designed to fit a PK fork? http://www.plccorse.com/?page_id=1581 It might fit a PK fork much better since it's actually built to fit around the shock. ...but i hate being the guinea pig. Plus i don't know how well it would fly in the scooter community to bolt on a ET3 fender to an Allstate. I do have a spare PKXL fender that i could easily bolt on though. I can hear the cry's from the purists already!
Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:20 pm

parallelogramerist
Joined: 26 Oct 2015
Posts: 3953

 
parallelogramerist
Joined: 26 Oct 2015
Posts: 3953

Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:20 pm linkquote
charlieman22 wrote:
Quote:
"fleece of spit".
Hahahaha.
Uh huh.

All looking good and nice work on the brake lever. Much better looking, and dangerous. Perfect.

Not sure the plan for getting it sprayed - but I had some good luck with one of those custom color match spray cans for some touch up recently. $20 for a can. Not bad.

Enjoying watching u bring this into ur own.
Ahhh....the spray plan. The problem is with paint, i'm either all or nothing. I used to work in a body shop, so i'm a stickler for having the paint spot on. I don't have a spray booth, nor do i have a way to control the temperature in my cold shop. Being in wet, cool Oregon, outdoor painting season was over with 1.5 months ago! Plus automotive paint is uber expensive! I currently have 3 (or 4?) scooters that i'd like to respray, so if i did them all the same color, it should save me a few bucks, right? I think paint materials would cost close to $1500 for all of them, but then i think that the same $1500 could just buy me another scooter. It's a vicious cycle...

I did get a small can of touch up paint from the previous owner. It's PPG "Concept" single stage paint. I think there's enough there for a few touchups. I don't know if there's enough to spray a fender as well though. In fact, I don't even know if PPG still sells a catalyst for that line of paint.
Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:57 pm

The Dude
Too Many piles of Junk that need too much work and too much money
Joined: 06 May 2019
Posts: 1450
Location: PNW from LBC
 
The Dude
Too Many piles of Junk that need too much work and too much money
Joined: 06 May 2019
Posts: 1450
Location: PNW from LBC
Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:57 pm linkquote
Hope you DONT MIND asking, where abouts in OR? I'm in
South Oregon, perhaps we can coordinate paint schemes? Im flexibles, working on a Rally 200. Your're doing good work!!!
Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:37 am

parallelogramerist
Joined: 26 Oct 2015
Posts: 3953

 
parallelogramerist
Joined: 26 Oct 2015
Posts: 3953

Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:37 am linkquote
GeekLion wrote:
Hope you DONT MIND asking, where abouts in OR? I'm in
South Oregon, perhaps we can coordinate paint schemes? Im flexibles, working on a Rally 200. Your're doing good work!!!
I'm up North, sorta near PDX. My painting days are all but over. It was fun, but stressful fun. I sprayed quite a few of my friend's cars and trucks on the side (making about $3 to $5 and hour), but quit doing that about 10+ years ago. I only spray for myself nowadays, and only small things. Once the paint got to be really expensive, it kinda took the fun out of doing it. My main trade for work is carpentry, and that's what puts the scooter money in my pocket....briefly
Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:02 am

Molto Verboso
1958 Allstate 177VMC, 2005 70cc Yamaha Vino
Joined: 23 Aug 2020
Posts: 1214
Location: Philadelphia
 
Molto Verboso
1958 Allstate 177VMC, 2005 70cc Yamaha Vino
Joined: 23 Aug 2020
Posts: 1214
Location: Philadelphia
Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:02 am linkquote
Every time I see a pic of an Allstate in that blue in that condition I want to repaint my 58. I love the patina, but I also love that shade of blue. It just looks so good.
Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:16 am

Jet Eye Master
PX221 MHR, O tuned PX200, PX181 Quattrini and some motorbikes
Joined: 14 Jun 2017
Posts: 3528
Location: London UK
 
Jet Eye Master
PX221 MHR, O tuned PX200, PX181 Quattrini and some motorbikes
Joined: 14 Jun 2017
Posts: 3528
Location: London UK
Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:16 am linkquote
Excellent work with the m/c. The dropped lever look is a bit (a lot) Lambretta. Don't not like it.
Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:31 pm

The Dude
Too Many piles of Junk that need too much work and too much money
Joined: 06 May 2019
Posts: 1450
Location: PNW from LBC
 
The Dude
Too Many piles of Junk that need too much work and too much money
Joined: 06 May 2019
Posts: 1450
Location: PNW from LBC
Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:31 pm linkquote
whodatschrome wrote:
GeekLion wrote:
Hope you DONT MIND asking, where abouts in OR? I'm in
South Oregon, perhaps we can coordinate paint schemes? Im flexibles, working on a Rally 200. Your're doing good work!!!
I'm up North, sorta near PDX. My painting days are all but over. It was fun, but stressful fun. I sprayed quite a few of my friend's cars and trucks on the side (making about $3 to $5 and hour), but quit doing that about 10+ years ago. I only spray for myself nowadays, and only small things. Once the paint got to be really expensive, it kinda took the fun out of doing it. My main trade for work is carpentry, and that's what puts the scooter money in my pocket....briefly
Long shot question anyway so no worries! Just thinking out the side of my rear LOL.! But like you said, paint is expensive!! Prolly just rock what I got for the foreseable future Good luck up there! Hope to see you at one of the OR rides some time.
Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:57 am

Addicted
P Series / Li / LML / Motobi
Joined: 24 Jun 2019
Posts: 509
Location: UK - 3rd Rock From the Sun
 
Addicted
P Series / Li / LML / Motobi
Joined: 24 Jun 2019
Posts: 509
Location: UK - 3rd Rock From the Sun
Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:57 am linkquote
whodatschrome wrote:
Ginch wrote:
That lever will go through your thigh now with almost no effort at all!!

Seriously nice job.

I looked a Craig's PLC mudguard on the weekend (though his was for a Zip fork in a smallframe), and you're right. It's horrible. It's made from fibreglass, so how damn hard is it to make sure the seam molding looks like a proper seam?! He said it was hard to rub down for paint because it flexed a lot, and that painting actually stiffened it up! Does make me question their other products.
I'm kinda half tempted to try out their Smallframe ET3 shaped fender that's designed to fit a PK fork? http://www.plccorse.com/?page_id=1581 It might fit a PK fork much better since it's actually built to fit around the shock. ...but i hate being the guinea pig. Plus i don't know how well it would fly in the scooter community to bolt on a ET3 fender to an Allstate. I do have a spare PKXL fender that i could easily bolt on though. I can hear the cry's from the purists already!
Who care what they think - they will just as likely baulk at the braking mod as the mudguard - its your scooter do what you want with it
Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:32 pm

parallelogramerist
Joined: 26 Oct 2015
Posts: 3953

 
parallelogramerist
Joined: 26 Oct 2015
Posts: 3953

Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:32 pm linkquote
Jack221 wrote:
Excellent work with the m/c. The dropped lever look is a bit (a lot) Lambretta. Don't not like it.
Now that you bring it up, it does look very Lambretta-esque having a large out of place hydro master cylinder attached to an old Italian scooter. But I still think it might be a little less out of place than having a semi-hydro MC strapped to the lower fork? Plus a full hydro system is just plain more effective.
Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:55 pm

parallelogramerist
Joined: 26 Oct 2015
Posts: 3953

 
parallelogramerist
Joined: 26 Oct 2015
Posts: 3953

Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:55 pm linkquote
Gravelrash2004 wrote:
whodatschrome wrote:
Ginch wrote:
That lever will go through your thigh now with almost no effort at all!!

Seriously nice job.

I looked a Craig's PLC mudguard on the weekend (though his was for a Zip fork in a smallframe), and you're right. It's horrible. It's made from fibreglass, so how damn hard is it to make sure the seam molding looks like a proper seam?! He said it was hard to rub down for paint because it flexed a lot, and that painting actually stiffened it up! Does make me question their other products.
I'm kinda half tempted to try out their Smallframe ET3 shaped fender that's designed to fit a PK fork? http://www.plccorse.com/?page_id=1581 It might fit a PK fork much better since it's actually built to fit around the shock. ...but i hate being the guinea pig. Plus i don't know how well it would fly in the scooter community to bolt on a ET3 fender to an Allstate. I do have a spare PKXL fender that i could easily bolt on though. I can hear the cry's from the purists already!
Who care what they think - they will just as likely baulk at the braking mod as the mudguard - its your scooter do what you want with it
I'm pretty sure if I installed a PK fender on the Allstate, after I die, I would be punished by being sent back to relive the year 2020 for eternity...



Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:50 pm

parallelogramerist
Joined: 26 Oct 2015
Posts: 3953

 
parallelogramerist
Joined: 26 Oct 2015
Posts: 3953

Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:50 pm linkquote
It's been a little while since I've messed with my Allstate project. I was busy prepping another brand of motorcycle for a long thanksgiving weekend dirt bike ride...and now my ribs are still REALLY, REALLY sore two weeks later.

I did buckle down and installed a pair of TD-Customs luggage loops and a TD-Custom floor support. I've used them both before in the past and have been pleased with their products, and the latest design of their luggage loops have a taller loop, so it's now easier to fish a strap through it.



Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:53 pm

parallelogramerist
Joined: 26 Oct 2015
Posts: 3953

 
parallelogramerist
Joined: 26 Oct 2015
Posts: 3953

Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:53 pm linkquote
And what the reinforcement plate looks like. It's made out of stainless steel, so it won't rust.



Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:20 pm

Ossessionato
2007 Stella 225
Joined: 02 Nov 2019
Posts: 3119
Location: Rochester, Minnesota
 
Ossessionato
2007 Stella 225
Joined: 02 Nov 2019
Posts: 3119
Location: Rochester, Minnesota
Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:20 pm linkquote
whodatschrome wrote:
It's been a little while since I've messed with my Allstate project. I was busy prepping another brand of motorcycle for a long thanksgiving weekend dirt bike ride...and now my ribs are still REALLY, REALLY sore two weeks later.

I did buckle down and installed a pair of TD-Customs luggage loops and a TD-Custom floor support. I've used them both before in the past and have been pleased with their products, and the latest design of their luggage loops have a taller loop, so it's now easier to fish a strap through it.
I like those, loops if you need them, and would cover up my chipped paint from stand removal previously. They really should have washers under the screw heads from the factory.

That plate is what I was thinking of a thicker version of for taller tires, so the center stand would reach the ground.
Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:29 pm

Ossessionato
P208, Stella VMC Stelvio 187, Stella 150, VNX1T, V9A1T, V9B1T, 02 Sportster XLH1208
Joined: 20 Jul 2018
Posts: 4047
Location: Staten Island, NY
 
Ossessionato
P208, Stella VMC Stelvio 187, Stella 150, VNX1T, V9A1T, V9B1T, 02 Sportster XLH1208
Joined: 20 Jul 2018
Posts: 4047
Location: Staten Island, NY
Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:29 pm linkquote
I like that reinforcement plate for the stand. Didn't know someone made one for that. Both are definitely on my list now as the floor warps a little if I load the bike up too much and put it on center stand. Great stuff!
Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:34 pm

Ossessionato
79 P200E (Ruby), 62 Allstate (B-62), 2008 Stella (Olive)
Joined: 11 Jan 2006
Posts: 3284
Location: Florence, OR
 
Ossessionato
79 P200E (Ruby), 62 Allstate (B-62), 2008 Stella (Olive)
Joined: 11 Jan 2006
Posts: 3284
Location: Florence, OR
Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:34 pm linkquote
Very nice luggage loops. I might have to check them out for the P200.

And ribs - bummer. Was this on the 640? My kidneys used to take a beating, even with a kidney belt. But this was back in the day in the Mojave desert on an XR500R.
Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:13 pm

parallelogramerist
Joined: 26 Oct 2015
Posts: 3953

 
parallelogramerist
Joined: 26 Oct 2015
Posts: 3953

Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:13 pm linkquote
Christopher_55934 wrote:
whodatschrome wrote:
It's been a little while since I've messed with my Allstate project. I was busy prepping another brand of motorcycle for a long thanksgiving weekend dirt bike ride...and now my ribs are still REALLY, REALLY sore two weeks later.

I did buckle down and installed a pair of TD-Customs luggage loops and a TD-Custom floor support. I've used them both before in the past and have been pleased with their products, and the latest design of their luggage loops have a taller loop, so it's now easier to fish a strap through it.
I like those, loops if you need them, and would cover up my chipped paint from stand removal previously. They really should have washers under the screw heads from the factory.

That plate is what I was thinking of a thicker version of for taller tires, so the center stand would reach the ground.
I just saw these extended centerstand feet on SIP. It might be the simpler way to go about doing it? https://old.sip-scootershop.com/en/products/stand+feet+kr+automation+_10572100
  DoubleGood Vespa Design  

All Content Copyright 2005-2022 by Modern Vespa. All Rights Reserved.

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.

Shop on Amazon Smile with Modern Vespa

[ Time: 0.0311s ][ Queries: 7 (0.0070s) ][ Debug on ][ 225 ][ Thing One ]