OP
UTC

Lurker
MP3 250ie

Lurker
MP3 250ie
UTC quote
I was given a 2007 MP3 250ie by my father-in-law, who had it sitting in the garage since he bought it (!) in February of 2007 and had to get it out of the there when they sold their house recently. Problem: he couldn't find neither keys nor title...the bike has probably close to no mileage on it since he never rode it!
I managed to get to the seat, took the throttlebody out and sent it in to get new keys programmed and now I have to replace the ignition switch lock set.

Question: is there any good instructions / manual / video...anything to give some guidance of what to remove on this big plastic bucket to get to the lock??? Couldn't find anything on youtube or in Facebook groups - maybe I have more luck in this forum!?
Also if anybody has a pdf of a shop manual for this model I'd love a copy.
Thanks for your help and best regards from California,
Steffen
@berto avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2006 LX150 (carbed) | 2007 GT200

Molto Verboso
@berto avatar
2006 LX150 (carbed) | 2007 GT200
UTC quote
Welcome! Sounds like a good project!

I've never worked on an MP3, so can't comment from experience.

But I can tell you that one of our members, jimc, maintains an archive of shop manuals. There's a link on the wiki page. Here's the page for the MP3 250:
https://manuals.wotmeworry.org.uk/Piaggio/Piaggio%20MP3/MP3%20250/
OP
UTC

Lurker
MP3 250ie

Lurker
MP3 250ie
UTC quote
Thank you!
berto wrote:
Welcome! Sounds like a good project!

I've never worked on an MP3, so can't comment from experience.

But I can tell you that one of our members, jimc, maintains an archive of shop manuals. There's a link on the wiki page. Here's the page for the MP3 250:
https://manuals.wotmeworry.org.uk/Piaggio/Piaggio%20MP3/MP3%20250/
Thanks - that's helpful material! Guess I'll just start unscrewing from top to bottom until I get close to the lock!
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0370s ][ Queries: 6 (0.0129s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]