Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:09 pm

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:09 pm linkquote
What an epilogue. I've got a permanent mental image Billy Preston that helps out. No tooth gap to confuse the two of you with, I gather?

Well, as red light violations go, it's far better than the other variety.
Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:20 pm

Molto Verboso
Medley 150

Molto Verboso
Medley 150
Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:20 pm linkquote
Billy Preston (Nothing from nothing)
Hocus Pocus by Focus
they were good times, seems like another era from another planet now. So sad. But my scooter and yours is a time traveller, that turns me into a flower child.
Nice Melody Chronicles, look forward to the next volume.
Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:20 pm

Ossessionato
VSX, Stella 177, VNX1T, V9B1T

Ossessionato
VSX, Stella 177, VNX1T, V9B1T
Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:20 pm linkquote
Just caught this thread months later. You got stranded right off my exit!

Scary stuff when something like that happens and it always sucks when you are nowhere near your own place let alone any place you traffic normally and know your way around.

Glad you are ok and it wasn't something way worse for damage.

I had a similar instance a few weeks ago where i was flying in the middle lane surrounded by lifted trucks down here in Florida. All of a sudden my engine seemed to cough and lose speed but not in a seize way, more in a running out of gas way (despite the full tank). No throttle position seemed to help recover, so i instantly stuck my hand out to the right pointing at the sidewalk to the huge truck behind me and darted into that lane with what little speed i had left. Was able to make it to the next turn off at a random parking lot just as the engine died and somehow not get creamed by the huge truck i cut off to get out of the road.

Sat there for a few minutes waiting for heart to calm down then tried to start it up. Started right up but idled poorly and died again.

Long story short, fuel passages in the carb must have had dirt or something stuck in it cause it kept happening and going away randomly for a couple days after that, until it magically fixed itself one day. Was able to limp home slowly and not suffer any injury in that crazy moment going from 55 down to 20 with a wall of oversized fords and gmcs behind me!

Just when you think you are comfortable and safe, something crazy like that happens and makes you think twice! Next time you have issues on si, message me and if I'm around I'll gladly help as I've got a small truck i can tow a Vespa on.
  DoubleGood Vespa Scarves  

All Content Copyright 2005-2021 by Modern Vespa. All Rights Reserved.

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.

Shop on Amazon Smile with Modern Vespa
[ Time: 0.0832s ][ Queries: 26 (0.0623s) ][ Debug on ][ 156 ][ Thing Two ]