OP
UTC

Molto Verboso
One or two fun scoots....nothing too precious

Molto Verboso
UTC quote
Hopefully a quick question. I've removed the rubber bushes and about to install new. There are two steel circles which appear to be fixed into the swingarm (picture below). Are these the two shims which need to be in place or do I need to install additional parts/shims, prior to installing the rubber bushes?

Apologies for the somewhat blurred photo.

Cheers
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@markosmarkos avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@markosmarkos avatar
UTC quote
Steel shims / washers
Should be two steel washers / shims (43), one on each side that go into the aluminum swingarm tube section of the engine. Then the rubber bush / motor-mounts (44) go in after those washers. The two steel shims are supposed to be there. They provide a larger 'shelf' for the rubber to sit on.
Hope this helps.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
OP
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
UTC quote
Thanks Markos. So the two steel shims/rings/washers that I can see on each side are the required shims? I know I need them, but I was under the impression they are removable and replaceable. What I have photographed appear to be fixed in place, so I'm wondering if I need these AND a shim on each side as per your parts diagram.
@markosmarkos avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@markosmarkos avatar
UTC quote
Every P200E that I have owned and worked on (4) were between the model years of 1978 and 1980. None of the more current PX200s. All had washers that were removable. Some took a little persuasion to remove. Never replaced any of them. Just cleaned them up, put them back in with new motor mounts/rubbers. Just the one washer on each side, no additional shim/washer. The diagram shows the washer as having a very narrow width. They actually look just like what you photographed.
Hope this helps.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0087s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0033s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]