OP
UTC

P200E, Piaggio Liberty 150

P200E, Piaggio Liberty 150
UTC quote
Just started rebuilding two P200E for my sons, while tearing down the engines I noticed one had some damage to the outer case area where the crankshaft rotates. Basically scoring where something got caught in between. Is there a serviceable limit here? Seems to me the critical area is the distance from the intake port and the rotating assembly. Second, is the outer case bearing serviceable? The one right next to the timing mark? Not finding the answers online or in the rebuild videos. Thank you for any help you might provide!
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
UTC

Enthusiast
Vespa T5 251, Lambretta GP200

Enthusiast
Vespa T5 251, Lambretta GP200
UTC quote
The gouges in your first pic are not important but if there are gouges on the sealing pad (different metal bit where the carb hole comes thru) you may have problems. You can get away with a quite lot being not perfect and still have a reliable though under powered motor. It can be fixed but most fit a reed valve at this point.
The second pic is not a worry, somebody has just not torqued/fitted the big nut next to your clutch properly. You should probably knock the race out (pic 3 little hole 8-10mm ish? below timing marks) coppers to replace and easy.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0096s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0021s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]