OP
UTC

Lurker
2012 Vespa GTS 300ie

Lurker
2012 Vespa GTS 300ie
UTC quote
Just bought 2nd hand and it tipped over in the truck on ride home. Code light is flashing now. Did some research and it seems immobilizer? I rode it around a bit but still flashes when I turn off and take out the key. Ride longer?
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300

Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
UTC quote
Re: GTS 300ie - Flashing Code Light
Gremmie wrote:
Just bought 2nd hand and it tipped over in the truck on ride home. Code light is flashing now. Did some research and it seems immobilizer? I rode it around a bit but still flashes when I turn off and take out the key. Ride longer?
It starts flashing when the engine is turned off, and will stay flashing for 48 hrs, as an immobiliser warning. It then turns off after those 48 hrs to save the battery, though the immobiliser still guards the bike.
OP
UTC

Lurker
2012 Vespa GTS 300ie

Lurker
2012 Vespa GTS 300ie
UTC quote
Re: GTS 300ie - Flashing Code Light
Ok.. thanks. Guess it will sit for a couple days.
jimc wrote:
Gremmie wrote:
It starts flashing when the engine is turned off, and will stay flashing for 48 hrs, as an immobiliser warning. It then turns off after those 48 hrs to save the battery, though the immobiliser still guards the bike.
@jimjar avatar
UTC

Hooked
2012 LX150ie

Hooked
@jimjar avatar
2012 LX150ie
UTC quote
The flashing light from the immobilized is normal
It is supposed to flash when the bike is off...it is a 'burglar alarm' warning. Are you having some other problem?
OP
UTC

Lurker
2012 Vespa GTS 300ie

Lurker
2012 Vespa GTS 300ie
UTC quote
Re: The flashing light from the immobilized is normal
No.. it tipped and the light went off. After 48hrs, it's off. No issue now. Thanks.
Jimjar wrote:
It is supposed to flash when the bike is off...it is a 'burglar alarm' warning. Are you having some other problem?
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0096s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0018s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]