Well not much of an update.
- Dealer picked up Vespa on April 6, 2021.
- I called on April 8, 2021 as they had not called me. Service department not very good. I was told a message would be left for them to call me back to see what's going on.
- Called them again April 9, 2021 as still no response.
- Called them again on April 12, 2021 and finally got to speak to someone. Basically told they had not looked at it yet as it's a busy season. I was not pleased. I reminded them this is a brand new bike, and we kept being told there was a break-in period and after we gave them the time for us to hit 100km, there were no changes. At this point, I have still not spoken to service, but someone in the 'sales' area. I said When it was picked up I said I expected it back by the end of vacation and the whole point of them picking it up on April 6 was so that they had 1 1/2 weeks to troubleshoot and fix.
- FINALLY got a call from the sales person who sold it to us (the sister of the dealer owner) yesterday (sales)(April 14) and they said it was now being looked at. I reminded them again to check to see if a restrictor ring on the variator got installed. She said their techs would look at everything. NOTE: I still have NOT spoken to anyone in the tech/service department at the Dealer yet!
- Today (April 15), I called Vespa NA in New York to advise them that I am a new owner, the challenges with the bike and that the dealer is less than helpful. I said, there is only one Dealer in my city and as such I don't have much help. Leo was great. Took my Vin, my info and said he would escalate it internally and would keep me informed. A few hours later, unrelated to my call to Vespa, I got a call from a different guy in sales at the Dealer. (Still no call from service), saying they took it out and like I keep telling them, it doesn't get up to speed. Told they don't know why. I asked outright, have they looked at the variator. I said I have told them and emailed them about it. He had no response. I said they need to check on that.
I am back home on Sunday. If I don't get a call and an update by Monday, I am driving there on Tuesday (service is closed Sunday/Monday), and will be dealing with this in person.