At long last
Post Reply    Forum -> Not-So-Modern
Molto Verboso
One or two fun scoots....nothing too precious
Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:47 pm quote
Finally, someone has made an old style slotted mixture screw for the later, fine thread Spaco carb. Now you can use a proper blanking grommet on the carb box. This is a BGM item. Of course, modding your own may still be your preference

Hooked
PX 200

Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:37 am quote
Re: At long last
swa45 wrote:
Finally, someone has made an old style slotted mixture screw for the later, fine thread Spaco carb. Now you can use a proper blanking grommet on the carb box. This is a BGM item. Of course, modding your own may still be your preference
Nice... does it stick out of the carb box? or rubber grommet and then access to the screw?

Never a fan of the hex bolt style...
Molto Verboso
Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:19 am quote
I'll let you know when mine arrives. My expectation is that it lives entirely within the carb box, like in the good old days, so the full grommet can be fitted. It also means that we can get carbs on and off the old style studs without removing the mixture screw !!
Hooked
PX 200

Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:41 am quote
swa45 wrote:
I'll let you know when mine arrives. My expectation is that it lives entirely within the carb box, like in the good old days, so the full grommet can be fitted. It also means that we can get carbs on and off the old style studs without removing the mixture screw !!
Thatís what iíd be hoping too and itíd be great if itís like the older style

The grommet around the hex screw was a nightmare to deal with and always leaked bad after the rubber hardened... not the best design
Jet Eye Master
PX221 MHR, O tuned PX200, PX125 and some motorbikes
Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:09 am quote
Great. All the moans about the hex spaco screw are now over.
Addicted
1967 Granturismo 177, 1979 P200E, 1974 Primavera 125 Hooligans S/C Seattle/Austin
Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:54 pm quote
Re: At long last
swa45 wrote:
I've been collecting those suckers over the years as if they were gold (actual gold).

Nice to know they are not unobtanium any more.
Hooked
PX
Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:59 pm quote
swa45 wrote:
Just what Ive been dreaming of...
Can you please add the web link so I can order one?
Cheers...
Molto Verboso
Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:23 pm quote
Robbie 11 wrote:
swa45 wrote:
Just what Ive been dreaming of...
Can you please add the web link so I can order one?
Cheers...
https://www.scooter-center.com/en/fuel/air-mixture-screw-bgm-pro-conversion-short-si20/20d-si24/24e-si24/24h-thread-m5-x-0.50mm-thin-pin-oe-0.65mm-type-vespa-px-with-slotted-screw-used-as-conversion-fine-thread-long/hexagon-to-fine-thread-short-slotted-screw-bgm7305?number=BGM7305
  DoubleGood Vespa T-Shirts  
Post Reply    Forum -> Not-So-Modern
[ Time: 0.0428s ][ Queries: 28 (0.0233s) ][ Debug on ][ Thing Two ]