2016 500cc Sport new owner looking for recomendaciones.
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion
Lurker
Piaggio MP3 500cc Sport 2016

Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:20 am quote
Hello all, I'm new here.

Recently I purchased a 2k miles 2016 Mp3 500cc Sport, and I'm looking for recommendations on brake pads and drive belt, as I'm a DIY guy through and trough and would like to do the basic maintenance by myself, I managed to find the correct oil filter (K&N-184), oil type and air filter (Malosi Air Filter), but I'm lost on the brake pads and drive belt.

I know that there are at least 2 types of brake pads but I don't know the size and or how are they called or identified as, and there are a lot of different drive belts as well.

Can anyone point me to the correct parts so I can order them?
Hooked
2015 MP3 500 ie Business
Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:54 am quote
You don't have to replace any of those parts for a long time.

No need to worry about brake pads until you hit about 30Kmi/50K km. Tires generally last around 10K mi, 15K km. I get 20K km out of a set of Michelins, but I don't drive like a ape so your mileage may vary.

Drive belt is a 6Kmi/10K km deal. Very ez to do.

What you should do now is a coolant flush, and replace the brake fluid in the ABS system and tilt lock system. MOTUL DOT4 fluid is excellent and inexpensive to boot. These 2 fluids needs to be done every 2 years, at a minimum. Use a G12 rated coolant. I use VW/Audi genuine coolant. Same pink dye, and doesn't turn to rust like the original Piaggio stuff.

easyparts.nl has excellent prices and does worldwide shipping.
Lurker
Piaggio MP3 500cc Sport 2016

Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:21 am quote
sbaert wrote:
You don't have to replace any of those parts for a long time.

No need to worry about brake pads until you hit about 30Kmi/50K km. Tires generally last around 10K mi, 15K km. I get 20K km out of a set of Michelins, but I don't drive like a ape so your mileage may vary.

Drive belt is a 6Kmi/10K km deal. Very ez to do.

What you should do now is a coolant flush, and replace the brake fluid in the ABS system and tilt lock system. MOTUL DOT4 fluid is excellent and inexpensive to boot. These 2 fluids needs to be done every 2 years, at a minimum. Use a G12 rated coolant. I use VW/Audi genuine coolant. Same pink dye, and doesn't turn to rust like the original Piaggio stuff.

easyparts.nl has excellent prices and does worldwide shipping.
I read about the service intervals and that info is correct, I am mainly asking for future part purchases to avoid going the dealsership route and buying (hoarding lol) parts for when I get to the specific change KM time I can do it and spread out the costs.
Hooked
2015 MP3 500 ie Business
Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:46 am quote
Many Youtube videos floating around on how to do a CVT & belt service on the MP3. You will need a torque wrench, and make sure you keep track of which parts go where, i.e. the domed washer since it must mounted correctly with the dome facing you away from the bike.

Do invest in a tube of copper anti seize as these bikes have a habit of fasteners seizing especially if used in 4 seasons. Steel and aluminum do not mix well.

As for the brake pads, it is standard brake caliper fare as on a car. Remove wheel, push out the retainer pins, pull old pads, push back the pistons (suggest getting a brake piston tool - see pic below), and install new pads.

Easyparts.nl has all the parts and tools.

DoubleGood Vespa T-Shirts  
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion
[ Time: 0.0396s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0219s) ][ Debug on ][ Thing Two ]