UTC

Hooked
1970 Sprint 150 & PX 200 / 225 and a shed full o shit

Hooked
1970 Sprint 150 & PX 200 / 225 and a shed full o shit
UTC quote
Looks like the way of the future!

TBHI know little about this tech, but like the idea, and can see one in my future. Just wondering if the batteries can utilise the space inside the tube frame? Using this "wasted space" would lower the centre of gravity and leave more under the seat space for storage. In the triangle bit inside the tube under the 2 floor runners (first pic in this thread), or, on a large frame, under the triangle floor rubber and up the tube to the glove box.

I say this as on the small frame body I have (and I've seen it inflicted on many others over the years) someone has cut it open here (underneath in this case) to prolly help feed cables / loom through at some point. On the one in the pics repair work is required there already so I thought it might be worth raising this approach.

Looking forward to seeing how you all get on. I can see a premade kit (plug + play) like this having a place, for those inclined, as an easier, cheaper, and cleaner option than rebuilding an old tired points motor to modern day specs with an aluminium big bore kit, carb, crank, exhaust, and electronic ignition etc.

Cheerio,
PC
@smallframenyc avatar
UTC

Hooked
'79 - V90 =//= 2005 - ET2

Hooked
@smallframenyc avatar
'79 - V90 =//= 2005 - ET2
UTC quote
Hows this project going with that rusty v90 frame you bought from me? Cheers Scooter emoticon
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
⬆️    About 5 months elapsed    ⬇️
OP
@saturn avatar
UTC

Hooked
AmeriBodge

Hooked
@saturn avatar
AmeriBodge
UTC quote
I've been busy with my house and family but hopefully coming back to it ASAP since I have all the parts
⬆️    About 1 year elapsed    ⬇️
OP
@saturn avatar
UTC

Hooked
AmeriBodge

Hooked
@saturn avatar
AmeriBodge
UTC quote
time flies!!!

I need to finish building my workspace downstairs so I have a place to actually do this work. but luckily there's some movement on my other project (the smallframe battery door reproduction).

have another kid on the way so hopefully I can update you all before november 2024
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0514s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0276s) ][ Debug on ][ 309 ][ Thing One ]