@terryvanman avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Honda SH 300

Molto Verboso
@terryvanman avatar
Honda SH 300
UTC quote
I don't know if anyone is interested in my studio flat in Kensington London UK I have decided to sell it as living in Malta and the covid shit stopping us going back to london it's just a waste of money keeping it going as a bolt hole for when we do go back for the odd week here and there when a hotel will do.
So here it is https://www.mountgrangeheritage.co.uk/search/property-details.php?id=15714

Its a very large flat for a studio with the possibility of fitting a sleeping platform as the ceilings are very high.

There is a very helpful resident caretaker that lives on the premises who can look after it while you are away, take in parcels and delivery's etc.

It's on the second floor with a lift and the building has a managing agents that maintains the building...later this year there is going to be a painting and refurbishment of the back and front. [all fees payed by me upfront]
I have rented this flat out for the last 20 years I have owned it, up until 5 years ago when we moved to Malta, back then the rent generated £375.00 per week so more than likely it would fetch more at today's rate.

The benefit of the location is Heathrow Airport is 30 minutes away, it is in Zone 1 with Earls Court, High Street Kensington and Gloucester Road stations a short walk away.
Any owner or tenant that moves in is entitled to residents parking anywhere inside the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea at a cost of approximately £175 a year for a medium size car.

I am selling with all the furniture, Sofa bed. single quality air bed for overnight visitor, bedding crockery, utensils, towels, TV all in immaculate and clean condition ready to rent out straight away if required

Please look at the link with the estate agents and get in touch with me if you are interested and I can send more photos and any more information. and I can negotiate a discount on the price..Don't forget, no stamp duty to pay until the end of July

just for reference the identical flat above [with lower ceilings] sold for £400,000 and that was 3 years ago and it needed complete renovation.

If anyone is genuinely interested I can arrange for the caretaker to show you the flat Private but please don't waste his time as its not his job to do it.

Moderators if this post is inappropriate please delete

https://www.mountgrangeheritage.co.uk/search/property-details.php?id=15714
@der_blechfahrer avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
ET3 & PX150 & GTS 300 Super Sport MY23 & Yamaha Neo's electric

Molto Verboso
@der_blechfahrer avatar
ET3 & PX150 & GTS 300 Super Sport MY23 & Yamaha Neo's electric
UTC quote
I forwarded this to two people. They may not be interested at all, but why not.
@greasy125 avatar
UTC

Sergeant at Arms
Weird 80's Vespas & Cool Vintage Lambrettas

Sergeant at Arms
@greasy125 avatar
UTC quote
half a mil for a condo?

pass.

best of luck on your sale though.
@monogodo avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2017 Piaggio BV350

Molto Verboso
@monogodo avatar
2017 Piaggio BV350
UTC quote
If I lived there, it would bug me that the stove top and the oven door are not aligned with each other.

If I knew anyone who was interested in living in that area, I'd forward the info to them.
@web-tech avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350, 2020 Vespa Sei Giorni, 2008 Vespa S150

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@web-tech avatar
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350, 2020 Vespa Sei Giorni, 2008 Vespa S150
UTC quote
greasy125 wrote:
half a mil for a condo?

pass.

Like you can get a better deal in Cali
UTC

Banned
LX50

Banned
LX50
UTC quote
Is that tiny wall-hosted appliance directly above the countertop toaster a refrigerator? LOL I need one of those for my treehouse. $587k for a flat like that in London seems about right considering it was the world's most expensive city to live in for a few straight years back in the oughts. I'm sure when one steps into that flat in reality it resembles more of a walk-in closet than a complete living space. Ahh, my intern days, I remember those - just needed a place to quadruple S, and little else. My how times have changed.

Nevermind the critique of your real estate OP.
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300

Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
UTC quote
booger wrote:
Is that tiny wall-hosted appliance directly above the countertop toaster a refrigerator?
That'll be the combi boiler, for domestic hotwater and central heating.
@greasy125 avatar
UTC

Sergeant at Arms

Sergeant at Arms
@greasy125 avatar
UTC quote
WEB-Tech wrote:
greasy125 wrote:
half a mil for a condo?

pass.

i did.

i was patient, bode my time and it paid off. my shop, that i built out on the property is probably the same size as this flat.

also, i have room for my kitties to run around.

apples and oranges and all of that, but i've got everything right at my fingertips.

oh, and i get that cali weather too!

-g
OP
@terryvanman avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Honda SH 300

Molto Verboso
@terryvanman avatar
Honda SH 300
UTC quote
greasy125 wrote:
WEB-Tech wrote:
greasy125 wrote:
half a mil for a condo?

pass.

i did.

i was patient, bode my time and it paid off. my shop, that i built out on the property is probably the same size as this flat.

also, i have room for my kitties to run around.

apples and oranges and all of that, but i've got everything right at my fingertips.

oh, and i get that cali weather too!

-g
Like the whole world over the same goes where ever you decide to live...LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION My flat is believe it or not a bargain, because of its location...Kensington and Chelsea..look it up and see what just a single garage cost just to park a car £250.000...if you worked in the area it would cost you £20 a day to park in a car park plus the charges to enter the area [what ever that would be]. owning a flat however small entitles you to a residents parking certificate to park anywhere inside K&C for about £150/170 a year.

The flat earned me £350 a week [£18.000 a year the last time I rented it out over 5 years ago]...the rent today would be approximately £400.00 if not more so around £20.000 a year. if you were to buy the flat for say £410.000 [Cash] that would be a good investment with an interest rate of around 5% [anyone getting more from their banks?] plus the property will go up in value I paid £178.000 20 years ago.

We now live in Malta where £400.000 would buy you a 3 bedroom 2 bathroom penthouse with sea views and a double garage in the basement. with all year round sunshine and no Council tax/property tax to pay with a cheap cost of living....but people don't all want to live in Malta of California for that matter.

My flat will probably sell to a person that lives outside London and just needs a small flat to sleep in Monday to Thursday night and go home on the weekends...or an investor that knows that the City wizz kids need a crash pad or students at the Imperial Collage up the road need it to live while studying. In all the years I rented out my flat there was never more than 2/3 weeks between lets, even today I still get emails from old tenants asking if its available.

To give you an Idea of the area and the property prices that bring in the rich and famous, Freddie Mercury lived up the road. Kenny Everett 2 doors down Derick Nimmo across the road all long dead but the living.. David Beckham, Dustin Hoffman 2 streets over, Robbie Williams the singer just bought Michael Winners old house, Bernie Ecclestone Formula 1 God, Roman Abramovich the owner of Chelsea Football Club, The list goes on and on.

You can probably buy a castle in Scotland for £400.000 with land to grow runner beans...or a farm in Asia. In Sicily there is a town/village that are selling rundown houses for 1 [ONE] euro I kid you not.....
OP
@terryvanman avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Honda SH 300

Molto Verboso
@terryvanman avatar
Honda SH 300
UTC quote
here ya go
Jump in quick before it goes ha ha

https://www.onthemarket.com/details/10176355/
OP
@terryvanman avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Honda SH 300

Molto Verboso
@terryvanman avatar
Honda SH 300
@attila avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@attila avatar
UTC quote
Many Italians have moved to Malta for work but here in Italy we are used to tight spaces and a warm climate; i wonder what house terryvanman bought in Malta ...

PS: remember to buy a toilet with a bidet ... you never know.
⚠️ Last edited by Attila on UTC; edited 1 time
@burt37 avatar
UTC

Addicted
GTS 300 SS BB

Addicted
@burt37 avatar
GTS 300 SS BB
UTC quote
terryvanman wrote:
Like the whole world over the same goes where ever you decide to live...LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION My flat is believe it or not a bargain, because of its location...Kensington and Chelsea..look it up and see what just a single garage cost just to park a car £250.000...if you worked in the area it would cost you £20 a day to park in a car park plus the charges to enter the area [what ever that would be]. owning a flat however small entitles you to a residents parking certificate to park anywhere inside K&C for about £150/170 a year.

The flat earned me £350 a week [£18.000 a year the last time I rented it out over 5 years ago]...the rent today would be approximately £400.00 if not more so around £20.000 a year. if you were to buy the flat for say £410.000 [Cash] that would be a good investment with an interest rate of around 5% [anyone getting more from their banks?] plus the property will go up in value I paid £178.000 20 years ago.

We now live in Malta where £400.000 would buy you a 3 bedroom 2 bathroom penthouse with sea views and a double garage in the basement. with all year round sunshine and no Council tax/property tax to pay with a cheap cost of living....but people don't all want to live in Malta of California for that matter.

My flat will probably sell to a person that lives outside London and just needs a small flat to sleep in Monday to Thursday night and go home on the weekends...or an investor that knows that the City wizz kids need a crash pad or students at the Imperial Collage up the road need it to live while studying. In all the years I rented out my flat there was never more than 2/3 weeks between lets, even today I still get emails from old tenants asking if its available.

To give you an Idea of the area and the property prices that bring in the rich and famous, Freddie Mercury lived up the road. Kenny Everett 2 doors down Derick Nimmo across the road all long dead but the living.. David Beckham, Dustin Hoffman 2 streets over, Robbie Williams the singer just bought Michael Winners old house, Bernie Ecclestone Formula 1 God, Roman Abramovich the owner of Chelsea Football Club, The list goes on and on.

You can probably buy a castle in Scotland for £400.000 with land to grow runner beans...or a farm in Asia. In Sicily there is a town/village that are selling rundown houses for 1 [ONE] euro I kid you not.....
Well, accordingly to this website https://www.numbeo.com/property-investment/in/London the price per square metre for an apartment in London is averaging around the £10,911.26...

You are selling your 29.3 Square Metre Studio (that BTW has no bed to sleep on) at £14,505.11 per square metre...

So I wouldn't really say that it is a bargain...

I'm also not a fan of toilets with no windows, but that's me..

Good luck with your sale anyway... Malta as you have already found out, is a much better place to live, so I'm sure you will enjoy your time there, once you sold the London "Studio"...
@attila avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@attila avatar
UTC quote
Burt37 wrote:
Good luck with your sale anyway... Malta as you have already found out, is a much better place to live, so I'm sure you will enjoy your time there, once you sold the London "Studio"...
More than a "loft" it is a "lift".
OP
@terryvanman avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Honda SH 300

Molto Verboso
@terryvanman avatar
Honda SH 300
UTC quote
Burt37 wrote:
terryvanman wrote:

Well, accordingly to this website https://www.numbeo.com/property-investment/in/London the price per square metre for an apartment in London is averaging around the £10,911.26...

You are selling your 29.3 Square Metre Studio (that BTW has no bed to sleep on) at £14,505.11 per square metre...

So I wouldn't really say that it is a bargain...

I'm also not a fan of toilets with no windows, but that's me..

The toilet in the link above works out at £37.000 per square metre. the sofa in my studio is a sofa-bed, standard practice for studios in central London
OP
@terryvanman avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Honda SH 300

Molto Verboso
@terryvanman avatar
Honda SH 300
UTC quote
Attila wrote:
Burt37 wrote:
More than a "loft" it is a "lift".
We've been living in Malta for the last 5 years and love it, we have bought a house in Pathos in Cyprus and will spend our time between the two as Cyprus is a larger Island so we can enjoy our campervan and explore the mountains there when the weather get too hot down on the beaches. we will be taking one of our classic cars there too as the classic car scene is just like Malta... thats the plan so long as the virus goes away.
@burt37 avatar
UTC

Addicted
GTS 300 SS BB

Addicted
@burt37 avatar
GTS 300 SS BB
UTC quote
terryvanman wrote:
The toilet in the link above works out at £37.000 per square metre. the sofa in my studio is a sofa-bed, standard practice for studios in central London
I know... I used to live in London (Baker Street) in the 70', when the most expensive item was the underground weekly pass...

I love London as a tourist for a week with $20,000 to spend, but never again to live there..

I'm sure it will sell to an investor for the right price, and you will still have plenty to live like a king in Malta... I did the same thing back then, but moved to Australia...
@monogodo avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2017 Piaggio BV350

Molto Verboso
@monogodo avatar
2017 Piaggio BV350
UTC quote
My younger brother lived in Malta for two years (2012-2014). I'm guessing he enjoyed it, as he met his wife there. The main reason he moved back to the USA is because his employer went out of business, and his work visa was about to expire, and he was unable to find another job. His wife is from Bulgaria, so they could have gotten married and he could have stayed then, but he wasn't ready for marriage at that time. Just over a year later, he was, and they now live in Wisconsin.

Everything I've read about Malta makes it sound like a great place to live.
@attila avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@attila avatar
UTC quote
monogodo wrote:
They tell me it's getting crowded ...
Well .... it will be easier to take a trip to Italy from Malta by taking the ferry.
OP
@terryvanman avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Honda SH 300

Molto Verboso
@terryvanman avatar
Honda SH 300
UTC quote
Attila wrote:
monogodo wrote:
They tell me it's getting crowded ...
Well .... it will be easier to take a trip to Italy from Malta by taking the ferry.
Yes Malta is getting extra populated over half a million now, We like it, one thing is the free health service with the number one health service in the EU and in the top 5 in the world. they all speak English drive on the left and all electrics are the same as the UK.....and the tax is much lower and no council/property tax...and cheap property...oh yes the sunshine.

PS the ferry takes one and a half hours and you can take your car or scooter
OP
@terryvanman avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Honda SH 300

Molto Verboso
@terryvanman avatar
Honda SH 300
UTC quote
My flat for sale
Now under offer....Thanks for all your enquiries
UTC

Hooked
BV250, BV500

Hooked
BV250, BV500
UTC quote
Compared to San Francisco, a real bargain.
OP
@terryvanman avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Honda SH 300

Molto Verboso
@terryvanman avatar
Honda SH 300
UTC quote
Arsholes
The tosser that agreed to buy my flat has dropped out......why? Because the wa++er didn't find out if he could get a mortgage before he went shopping, to be told he can't get one as he's only worked at this company for a few months

A week after agreeing to buy my flat a new buyer offered same price with cash,,,,,,the estate agent got straight onto him but he had already paid a deposit on another flat.

So now we have to put it back on the market in the hopes that someone will come along with the cash as the Stamp Duty freeze runs out at the end of June. HO HUM.
@jess avatar
UTC

Petty Tyrant
0:7 And counting

Petty Tyrant
@jess avatar
0:7 And counting
UTC quote
Well that's a bummer. Best wishes on finding a buyer.
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor

Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
UTC quote
Sorry to hear that Terry. I had a similar balls-up in my last property transaction in the UK - someone in the chain was getting a buy-to-let mortgage and hadn't got their ducks in a row. Cost me three extra months in the UK twiddling my thumbs, two cancelled flights back to the US, and a near break-up of the whole deal. What should have taken 4-5 months overall became 8 months.
UTC

Hooked
2013 BV350, 2014 GTS , 2016 GTS, 2013 Downtown 300i, 2018 Like 150i

Hooked
2013 BV350, 2014 GTS , 2016 GTS, 2013 Downtown 300i, 2018 Like 150i
UTC quote
First world problems...
@berto avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2006 LX150 (carbed) | 2007 GT200

Molto Verboso
@berto avatar
2006 LX150 (carbed) | 2007 GT200
UTC quote
Do break sales in the UK at least leave you with the deposit to compensate for the hassle?
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor

Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
UTC quote
berto wrote:
Do break sales in the UK at least leave you with the deposit to compensate for the hassle?
Very rarely. The deposit only comes into play when a contract is signed and exchanged, and no-one in their right minds signs a contract unless they've got the money angle tied up tight. So when there's a chain, the contracts tend to all get exchanged at the same time, often simultaneously with completion. Property buying and selling in England is a nightmare, often taking six months or more. Scotland has a much better system - sealed bids, all done in a day.
⬆️    About 4 months elapsed    ⬇️
OP
@terryvanman avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Honda SH 300

Molto Verboso
@terryvanman avatar
Honda SH 300
UTC quote
I'll Finally Finally it's sold.....what long drawn out palaver. Forms to fill answering question from prospected buyers with limited brain cells, at times I thought.....fuck it I'll keep it.

It sold for £417.500 £10.000 more than I would have taken...it sold to a property developer who is going to modernise the kitchen and bathroom and fit a sleeping platform as the ceilings are just over 3 metres

Now all I've got to do is sell the Rover and the Stag if anyone is interested I'll pay to have them shipped back to U.K.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@sdg avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
63 GS160 MK1 / GT60 / Sean Wotherspoon

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@sdg avatar
63 GS160 MK1 / GT60 / Sean Wotherspoon
UTC quote
greasy125 wrote:
half a mil for a condo?

pass.

But they take in your parcels. Can't get that type of service in Los Angeles.

SDG
@greasy125 avatar
UTC

Sergeant at Arms

Sergeant at Arms
@greasy125 avatar
UTC quote
SDG wrote:
But they take in your parcels. Can't get that type of service in Los Angeles.

SDG
I know! it's just the wwwwooooorrrrsssssttttt!

*wades back into pool*
*sips a cold beer*
*listens to the game as the sun goes down*
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0307s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0081s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]