@steelbytes avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2019 GTS300 Supertech E3 60,000km

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@steelbytes avatar
UTC quote
sausages should be square not round as they drive me insane when turning them in the pan
@attila avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@attila avatar
UTC quote
Re: [NSR] sausages should be square not round
steelbytes wrote:
sausages should be square not round as they drive me insane when turning them in the pan
To fry the sausages well in a pan you have to cut them in the center and then open them;open each piece in half and spread it with your hands, each open piece of sausage will look like a cutlet. To cook you have to turn them (Sicilian recipe) .

PS: sometimes i would call the forum: Modernkitchen.com
@burt37 avatar
UTC

Addicted
GTS 300 SS BB

Addicted
@burt37 avatar
GTS 300 SS BB
UTC quote
steelbytes wrote:
Only the very cheap 24 pack for $8.50 from Wollie, don't work well in the pan... Laughing emoticon DAMHIK...
@der_blechfahrer avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
ET3 & PX150 & GTS 300 Super Sport MY23 & Yamaha Neo's electric

Molto Verboso
@der_blechfahrer avatar
ET3 & PX150 & GTS 300 Super Sport MY23 & Yamaha Neo's electric
UTC quote
They would have to use wombat guts to make the sausages.
@attila avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@attila avatar
UTC quote
Then there are different types of sausage ...
@znomit avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190 Friday afternoon special, [s]Primavera[/s], S50, too many pushbikes

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@znomit avatar
LX190 Friday afternoon special, [s]Primavera[/s], S50, too many pushbikes
UTC quote
Just put a shrimp each side, cobber.
@monogodo avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2017 Piaggio BV350

Molto Verboso
@monogodo avatar
2017 Piaggio BV350
UTC quote
I don't see a problem.
Round, easy to flip while cooking, sausages
Round, easy to flip while cooking, sausages
OP
@steelbytes avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@steelbytes avatar
UTC quote
Der Blechfahrer wrote:
Very well done, full points for that one 🤣
@attila avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@attila avatar
UTC quote
steelbytes wrote:
Der Blechfahrer wrote:
Very well done, full points for that one 🤣
I ran to see what "wombat" is ... ouch!
@burt37 avatar
UTC

Addicted
GTS 300 SS BB

Addicted
@burt37 avatar
GTS 300 SS BB
UTC quote
Der Blechfahrer wrote:
I have no idea of why we buy and more importantly of why the two big brand names sell this shite...

The meat is mainly white, and it has no taste or flavour at all...

The skin is made of that clear plastic cellulose stuff...

I reckon is a mix of crushed bones and offal from the floor...

Very popular at schools and shopping centre's events...

One sausage in a single slice of bread with onions and BBQ sauce for $2.50..

An easy way to get rid of an ugly by-product I guess...

If they used wombat's guts it would be definitely an improvement.. Laughing emoticon
@fudmucker avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2021 GTS 300 HPE +2013 GTS 300ie + 294 Polini

Ossessionato
@fudmucker avatar
2021 GTS 300 HPE +2013 GTS 300ie + 294 Polini
UTC quote
Burt37 wrote:
Der Blechfahrer wrote:
I have no idea of why we buy and more importantly of why the two big brand names sell this shite...

The meat is mainly white, and it has no taste or flavour at all...

The skin is made of that clear plastic cellulose stuff...

I reckon is a mix of crushed bones and offal from the floor...

Very popular at schools and shopping centre's events...

One sausage in a single slice of bread with onions and BBQ sauce for $2.50..

An easy way to get rid of an ugly by-product I guess...

If they used wombat's guts it would be definitely an improvement.. Laughing emoticon
Are you not talking about polony / baloney / spam ?

We have a sausage that is very seriously revered in South Africa to the extent that there are government regulations about what may go into it - boerewors (translates into "farmers sausage".) It may contain beef and pork or lamb fat, NO organ meat or entrails and a very low percentage of binders such as soya. Butchers will sell it by the kilogram or by the meter as males are often intellectually challenged regarding the mass of sausage required for the number of people to be fed... It is unusual in that it contains ground coriander seed as spice. Boerewors is cooked over the coals in coils of sausage - that is, the sausage is not twisted into individual portions.

External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text
@spdtwn avatar
UTC

Hooked
MP3 250 & Sei Giorni 300 HPE

Hooked
@spdtwn avatar
MP3 250 & Sei Giorni 300 HPE
UTC quote
The Scottish Square sausage...Lorne sausage. Your baked beans piled on top don't roll off. They fit in all types of bun with chips (French fries). Ditto with a fried egg. Only way to go.
Here in Auckland I have found two butchers who have the right amount of spice in the mix.
They also make the traditional mutton cupcake-which has a recessed top to hold any of the above accompaniments.
Worth a trip out on my new Sei Giorni

UTC

Hooked
'08 Vespa LX80, '07 LX50

Hooked
'08 Vespa LX80, '07 LX50
UTC quote
We have these nice sausages here. They are pretty big so what I like to do is cross slice them and put them on the smoker for a few hours. It's really a hit whenever I bring them somewhere for a function. It's a few hours process and i rub some glaze on them for the last hour to cook on some goodness. Sometimes I call them centipedes or hedgehogs but they are always enjoyed.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
I usually cut them up and they look like the Adidas logo if you do it right!
I usually cut them up and they look like the Adidas logo if you do it right!
@burt37 avatar
UTC

Addicted
GTS 300 SS BB

Addicted
@burt37 avatar
GTS 300 SS BB
UTC quote
Fudmucker wrote:
Are you not talking about polony / baloney / spam ?

We have a sausage that is very seriously revered in South Africa to the extent that there are government regulations about what may go into it - boerewors (translates into "farmers sausage".) It may contain beef and pork or lamb fat, NO organ meat or entrails and a very low percentage of binders such as soya. Butchers will sell it by the kilogram or by the meter as males are often intellectually challenged regarding the mass of sausage required for the number of people to be fed... It is unusual in that it contains ground coriander seed as spice. Boerewors is cooked over the coals in coils of sausage - that is, the sausage is not twisted into individual portions.

External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text
No this stuff I'm talking about is the cheapest "meat" you can buy...

https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/productdetails/824100/woolworths-market-value-thin-sausage

They were $8.00 dollars for 1.8kg for the past 10 years, now just went up to $11...

Ingredients:

Australian Beef (70%), Water, Seasoning (Rice Flour, Potato Starch, Maize Flour, Salt, Mineral Salt (451), Maize Starch, Vegetable Powders (Onion, Garlic), Preservative (223), Sugar, Antioxidant (300), Spices (Mustard, Nutmeg, Pepper), Spice Extracts (Clove, Pepper, Capsicum, Coriander), Natural Colour (Paprika Oleoresins)), Vegetable Casing (Vegetable Gums (401, 412), Acidity Regulators (330, 270), Mineral Salt (509)

It says 70% beef, but I think that the joke.. Good beef is not as white as those sausages, but for $4 per KG you can't be picky... Like I said, very popular for funds raising events (you can feed 300 people with about $200 while making $500 clean profit)

We got the one you posted here as well.. Aldi has the African variety (I like it quite a lot)

https://www.curiouscuisiniere.com/boerewors/
@gasmk1 avatar
UTC

Addicted
Vespa lxv 125 vie dell moda Chianti

Addicted
@gasmk1 avatar
Vespa lxv 125 vie dell moda Chianti
UTC quote
Butchers in cliche roe famous for sausages this is their menu

http://www.rcoward.com/cowmans/cowmans_menu_2016.pdf

http://www.cowmans.co.uk/
@sledge avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
GTS 300 HPE

Ossessionato
@sledge avatar
GTS 300 HPE
UTC quote
steelbytes wrote:
Put a toothpick through them.
@attila avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@attila avatar
UTC quote
Think you know a lot about sausages? Come to Italy and then you will know what it means ...

Long before the unification of Italy, our beautiful country already had a gastronomic common denominator: sausage. Originally born as a method of preserving meat and not throwing anything away, it is the oldest and best known among the sausages, present in different variants in all regions is in fact the oldest and best known among the sausages, present in its most disparate variants practically in all regions, from the Alps to the South. A true pillar of Italianness, the sausage can be prepared with different types of meat: veal, lamb, horse, wild boar or white meat, but its most common version is mainly pork with the addition of bacon scraps or more valuable parts of the pig; it can also be eaten fresh or aged for a variable period of time. Tasty and cheap, sausage is one of the most democratic foods of the Peninsula and, from territory to territory, depending on the condiments, it is prepared with numerous recipes. Below we will offer you an overview that will take you on a real tour of Italy in 20 sausages.

Valle d'Aosta. The most typical Aosta Valley variant of the sausage is obtained by grinding beef and pork, flavored with wine, pepper and cinnamon. Aged over a period ranging from 3 to 6 months, it has a spicy and delicate taste that perfectly accompanies traditional peasant dishes such as polenta and potatoes.

Piedmont. An example of Piedmontese excellence is the Bra sausage, freshly prepared with lean beef and pork belly. The ancient variant of exclusively beef, created to serve the ancient Jewish community of Bra, can also be eaten raw. Bra Sausage was also recognized in the Atlas of Traditional Agri-food Products of Piedmont.

Liguria. Place of excellence in sausage production is the Ligurian town of Ceriana, where a famous annual Sousissa festival takes place. The famous Ceriana sausage is made from pure pork, bacon and fat, seasoned with salt, pepper or chilli and aromatic herbs such as rosemary. Its particularly spicy flavor makes it unique and unmistakable.

Lombardy. In the Brianza tradition, the protagonists of the very Lombard Cassoela are the salsicciotti da verzata or Salamit di verz, small fresh pork sausages, spiced and with a fine texture, usually stewed and used with vegetables (cabbage or spinach).

Trentino Alto Adige. A traditional product of South Tyrol is the South Tyrolean Hirschwurst, a sausage made with venison and spices, including pepper and nutmeg and with the addition of white or red wine, then stuffed, smoked, and aged for about 3 weeks. With its typical reddish color, it tastes perfectly accompanied by mushrooms and polenta.

Friuli Venezia Giulia. Typical of the Udine area is the Sauris salami, a cured sausage made from fresh pork meat also available smoked, usually with beech wood.

Veneto. The typical sausage of Veneto is Luganega, so called from the Lucanian origin, a sausage characterized by the use of pork cuts such as neck or bacon, particularly sprayed by blood vessels and otherwise unused. There are two variants: a lean one (called da rosto) suitable for being cooked on the grill, and a fatter one usually stewed, boiled or cooked in pans (called rice). In any case, Luganega is eaten fresh and does not need maturation or seasoning; it is an excellent condiment and is often used to flavor soups, soups or risottos.

Emilia Romagna. No longer sausage but not yet salami, in Emilia Romagna the strolghino dominates in the limbo of sausages. Obtained from lean meats of culatello and prosciutto flakes, it has a typical horseshoe shape and takes its name from the word strolga which in dialect means guess. It was in fact used to predict the curing times of larger sized salami. The reduced curing times (20 days), in fact, grant it a soft consistency and a delicate taste. To favor the elimination of the skin, tradition teaches us that it is possible to soften it by immersing it in white wine, preferably Malvasia. You can savor it appreciating its simplicity with croutons.

Tuscany. Food widely consumed in Tuscany, the sausage here is expertly prepared using trimmings of thigh, pork shoulder and fatty trimmings with the addition of salt, pepper, garlic and different spices. Often producers use fennel seeds which make it particularly aromatic. Here it is served with beans or onions.

Umbria. The main pig production and slaughtering center in the Marche region is Norcia and the sausage produced here is very famous. Made only with the best pork or wild boar meats by the master butchers, it is distinguished in many variations depending on the seasoning: among these we find the salamella, the culatello up to the real salami such as the "mule's balls" . The fresh version is excellent both in a pan, grilled and stewed.

Marche. An outsider in the world of traditional Italian sausages is the Marche ciaiuscolo, more commonly known as spreadable salami. Consisting of a mixture of pork, bacon, shoulder, trimming of ham and loin with the addition of salt and spices, black pepper and crushed garlic and wine, it is obtained through at least two grindings of the raw materials used, and requires a seasoning that it ranges from a few weeks to a few months. Due to its nature and consistency it is particularly suitable for croutons and sandwiches.

Lazio. (My region) In the municipality of Monte San Biagio (Latina) it is possible to taste a very special sausage. With its characteristic chain shape, it is obtained from the mixture of fine meat from the whole pork cut into pieces with a knife, salt, hot pepper, sweet red pepper, Moscato wine from Terracina D.o.c. and coriander seeds, made crunchy by cooking in the oven. The mixture, then bagged and left to rest for at least 12 hours, is then dried and smoked with Lentisk wood smoke. The seasoning is at least 25 days. The use of coriander dates back to the era of Saracen domination: this spice, in fact, possessing a very intense aroma, covered the flavor of pork, prohibited by the Muslim religion.

Abruzzo. Ventricina is a specialty of the Chieti mountain area, almost on the border with Molise. Salami prepared exclusively with pork, it is flavored with abundant chilli, fennel seeds and citrus peel. The name derives from the fact that it is stuffed into a part of the pork belly. Ventricina is excellent for seasoning.

Molise. Molise contributes to the tradition of Italian sausage with a very particular quality: the Pietracatella sausage. It is pork with a high percentage of fat, salt, wild fennel, sweet and spicy chilli. The traditional mincing of the meat is at the tip of a knife; the dough is then bagged and then dried and seasoned in rooms equipped with a fireplace and natural ventilation systems.

Campania. Of Apulian origin but subsequently transmigrated and adopted by all of central Italy, the Cervellata or Cervellatina finds its greatest interpretation in Campania cuisine. Once produced with mixed meat and bovine or pork brains, it is in the Campania version of pork finely minced by hand with the use of knives (punt and curtell). The exemplary Neapolitan combination is in the embrace between sausage and broccoli (or turnip tops) fried in extra virgin olive oil.

Puglia. It is in Sammichele, a small town in the province of Bari, that we owe the discovery of the typical Apulian sausage: the zampina. The zampina, which takes its name from the bases of the skewers used to cook it, is characterized by a spiral shape and is made up of beef and sheep, minced and mixed with salt, pepper, tomato, fresh basil and local cheese. The spices used have changed over the years, in the past wild thyme was preferred replaced, over time, with fresh basil and parsley.

Basilicata. Typical product of the Matera mountains and one of the four Slow Food presidia of Basilicata, it is the spicy and soft beggar. Obtained, as the name suggests, from the less noble parts of the pig (offal including the liver, spleen and lungs), it is flavored with spices such as fennel seeds, dried pepper, garlic, coriander seeds and wine. It was once stuffed and stored in lard (pork fat) or olive oil; nowadays its name is mostly used to indicate a salami with fatty cuts resulting from the preparation of brawn and sausages. Excellent to be enjoyed accompanied by vegetables, it is the main ingredient of 'Ndrupp'c (literally hitch or stumbling), the typical ragout of the city of Potenza.

Calabria. A milestone of Calabrian cuisine, the sausage called zazicchiu or sausizza has a centuries-old history. Recognized as D.O.P and protected by the Consortium for the Protection of Salami of Calabria, it is a sausage obtained from pork shoulder and under-rib meat. The medium-cut minced meats are subsequently flavored with black pepper, sweet or spicy red pepper and fennel seeds. After being stuffed into natural pig intestines, it is given the characteristic chain shape by hand tying with natural twine. The maturing period is at least 30 days.

Sicily. The queen of Trinacria sausage is Pasqualora, which takes its name from the Sicilian custom of consuming it especially during the Easter period. Virgil in the Georgics also mentions it and describes it exactly as it is: a typical U-shaped sausage, made of mixed pork and beef, coarsely chopped or with a knife tip. Seasoned with salt, fennel seeds and pepper, the ground is then inserted into kid's intestines and cooked in a pan with wine or roasted on the grill or fried in meat sauce.

Sardinia. In the municipality of Irgoli, in the province of Nuoro, the sausage has a centuries-old tradition and involves a real collective processing. Produced with relatively lean meats of pure Sardinian pork, it is eaten fresh and requires coarse-grained hand cutting. Subsequently stuffed into casings washed with wine, vinegar or Vernaccia, it has a maturation time ranging from 10 to 15 days.

Link: https://www.agrodolce.it/2015/11/04/salsicce-italiane-regione-per-regione/

Now you have more reasons to visit Italy.
@fleece avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
1991 Vespa T5 Pole Position, 2008 Vespa S 125, 2023 Piaggio MP3 300HPE Sport

Ossessionato
@fleece avatar
1991 Vespa T5 Pole Position, 2008 Vespa S 125, 2023 Piaggio MP3 300HPE Sport
UTC quote
steelbytes wrote:
you need to head up to Bonnie Scotland!
@attila avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@attila avatar
UTC quote
Here ... this is a good solution.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0248s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0080s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]