UTC

Addicted
GTS 300 SS BB

Addicted
@burt37 avatar
GTS 300 SS BB
UTC quote
Aprilia has just released a new model:

https://www.rideapart.com/news/462016/aprilia-esr1-electric-kick-scooter-coming/

We are finally getting some serious performances... Laughing emoticon
@attila avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@attila avatar
UTC quote
... i'd rather eat a bat ...
@amateriat avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2015 GTS 300 Super (Melody: 2015-2021, RIP), 2022 GTS SuperTech (Thelonica; bit the dust 02-22-23)

Ossessionato
@amateriat avatar
2015 GTS 300 Super (Melody: 2015-2021, RIP), 2022 GTS SuperTech (Thelonica; bit the dust 02-22-23)
UTC quote
Attila wrote:
Can't argue with that! (You're not buds with someone named Ozzy by any chance?)

Thing is, when I don't ride Melody into Gotham (which is rare now...maybe when Le Wife is driving in and I hitch a ride) I already have an electric-scooter option with Revel, and it's pretty damned good: pull up their app on my phone, locate one of their scoots nearby, reserve it, unlock it when I walk up to it, don one of the two helmets in the top box, take a selfie* with said helmet on, and off I go. Warts-and-all, one of the greatest mobility options ever to come to the NYC area...which tells me Yadea is getting into the game a bit late (versus, say, NIU).

(*This is how Revel attempts to weed-out certain jackasses who spoiled the whole thing for everybody early on, which led to the scooters getting pulled from service while they sorted problems out. Not a foolproof system, of course, but they're making progress.)
You tell me what you'll eventually do for me: I'll tell you who's doing it for me *now*.
You tell me what you'll eventually do for me: I'll tell you who's doing it for me *now*.
@attila avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@attila avatar
UTC quote
amateriat wrote:
Attila wrote:
Can't argue with that! (You're not buds with someone named Ozzy by any chance?)

Thing is, when I don't ride Melody into Gotham (which is rare now...maybe when Le Wife is driving in and I hitch a ride) I already have an electric-scooter option with Revel, and it's pretty damned good: pull up their app on my phone, locate one of their scoots nearby, reserve it, unlock it when I walk up to it, don one of the two helmets in the top box, take a selfie* with said helmet on, and off I go. Warts-and-all, one of the greatest mobility options ever to come to the NYC area...which tells me Yadea is getting into the game a bit late (versus, say, NIU).

(*This is how Revel attempts to weed-out certain jackasses who spoiled the whole thing for everybody early on, which led to the scooters getting pulled from service while they sorted problems out. Not a foolproof system, of course, but they're making progress.)
Obviously there are exceptions, what bothers me is the multiplication of brands from a single manufacturer and the question is: why?
It's not for the different style, I suspect they use customers as a test bed for electric vehicles and not.
You see ... the problem is that people don't look behind appearances, content is the important thing, as always.
There is only one way (at least here with us) to be sure that a new vehicle for sale is not a scam and that is that the importer puts a deposit in the bank that can cover its possible sudden closure; a renewed European regulation provides for the obligation of a well-stocked spare parts warehouse located within the EU.
This discourages speculation by importing vehicles that are disposable instead.
I am not an inquisitor of electric-powered vehicles, no really but you have no idea of the scams that have been in Italy in recent years and coming from companies behind which there were other companies mainly of asian origin. Gentlemen, I cannot continue otherwise the argument becomes political but at the cost of sounding conspiratorial, we are witnessing a 360 ° attempt at world conquest through "various methods" and we must be wary.
(Have I seen too many 007 movies?)
@bluefoam avatar
UTC

Hooked
PX200

Hooked
@bluefoam avatar
PX200
UTC quote
So, you do like electric scooters?
@attila avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@attila avatar
UTC quote
bluefoam wrote:
Yes, but i have to be sure I can fix it if it breaks, i don't want to throw money out the window.
OP
@kz1000st avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Dongfang 170cc, CF Moto Fashion 250

Molto Verboso
@kz1000st avatar
Dongfang 170cc, CF Moto Fashion 250
UTC quote
Attila wrote:
bluefoam wrote:
Yes, but i have to be sure I can fix it if it breaks, i don't want to throw money out the window.
While the aftermarket hasn't grown for electric scooters here....yet...the myth that parts aren't available for Chinese scooters is not the least bit true here. As the market grows people like these will be hot on the trail of parts.

www.partsforscooters.com

In the meantime even CSC sells electric scooters and bikes.

https://cscmotorcycles.com/wiz-electric-scooter-black/
https://cscmotorcycles.com/city-slicker-black/
https://cscmotorcycles.com/csc-monterrey-electric-scooter/
@bluefoam avatar
UTC

Hooked
PX200

Hooked
@bluefoam avatar
PX200
UTC quote
I think it depends what you want... The Xiaomi scooters have a good range of dealers here and across Europe, parts are easily available and they get good reviews..

But allot of people chose to buy cheaper stuff without that reliability or developed network.. then chose to complain when they break.

Buy wise, buy once...

Personally I believe in diverse transport options... These last mile or other types of transport are casual and effective, especially paired with public transport or park and ride. Scooters fit into this... But cars have to go eventually... No one actually needs a range rover, no matter how much they want one.

Electric cars in their current format are also a load of bollix... Although they are helping to change people's mindsets slightly.
@bluefoam avatar
UTC

Hooked
PX200

Hooked
@bluefoam avatar
PX200
UTC quote
I'm really pissed off at this... A guy on an e scooter had it confiscated and ultimately destroyed for not having insurance, but he can't get insurance because the insurance companies won't insure them without a license, which doesn't exist...

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/courtandcrime/arid-40269938.html
@karin avatar
UTC

GTS 250

@karin avatar
GTS 250
UTC quote
wow, that makes me actually sick. Could just as well have happened here in Germany, too....

But my next scooter will be probably a niu n-gt. It goes 70 kmh, which is plenty in town Electric motors' torque is just so awesome...
@attila avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@attila avatar
UTC quote
Karin wrote:
wow, that makes me actually sick. Could just as well have happened here in Germany, too....

But my next scooter will be probably a niu n-gt. It goes 70 kmh, which is plenty in town Electric motors' torque is just so awesome...
Yes, but in Germany it would be wise to still close some nuclear power plants ... ... and increase alternative energy sources; otherwise it is useless to buy a scooter or another electric vehicle.
Here we closed ours all after Chernobyl, many houses in Italy have photovoltaic panels on the roofs and feed energy into the distribution network; I have a 5 kw system.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0134s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0029s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]