@attila avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8291
Location: Latina (Italy)
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@attila avatar
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8291
Location: Latina (Italy)
UTC quote
(Sorry, I'm typing on the phone but it won't let me link to the movie ... Then I fix it.)

Look at the beginning of the movie.
@wbdvt avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
'16 Sprint S 150, 2 x '06 GTS 250, '12 GTS 300, '74 Vespa 150 Super
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1509
Location: Vermont
 
Molto Verboso
@wbdvt avatar
'16 Sprint S 150, 2 x '06 GTS 250, '12 GTS 300, '74 Vespa 150 Super
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1509
Location: Vermont
UTC quote
Thanks! I enjoyed watching while I had a morning cup of coffee.
@fritz_katzenjammer avatar
UTC

Addicted
'07 GTS250ie "Mechanical Squirrel", '66 Honda Benly, '19 Suzuki 250 cafe "Mouse", '42 Henschel PzKw VI Tiger
Joined: UTC
Posts: 896
Location: somewhere deep in the back of the garage...Burlington ONT.
 
Addicted
@fritz_katzenjammer avatar
'07 GTS250ie "Mechanical Squirrel", '66 Honda Benly, '19 Suzuki 250 cafe "Mouse", '42 Henschel PzKw VI Tiger
Joined: UTC
Posts: 896
Location: somewhere deep in the back of the garage...Burlington ONT.
UTC quote
Love the Douglas Vespa. I wonder if they used Wipac or Lucas electrics in the damn thing, a perfect way to turn a good machine into an unreliable heap.

My favourite English bike joke... why do the British drink warm beer? Because Lucas makes refrigerators!

While my 53 Triumph was dead reliable any owner of a 70s British ride will groan at the mention of Lucas electrics
@attila avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8291
Location: Latina (Italy)
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@attila avatar
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8291
Location: Latina (Italy)
UTC quote
wbdvt wrote:
Thanks! I enjoyed watching while I had a morning cup of coffee.
Here it was 2.30 pm
@kz1000st avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Dongfang 170cc, CF Moto Fashion 250
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1889
Location: Hyde Park, New York
 
Molto Verboso
@kz1000st avatar
Dongfang 170cc, CF Moto Fashion 250
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1889
Location: Hyde Park, New York
UTC quote
Fritz Katzenjammer wrote:
Love the Douglas Vespa. I wonder if they used Wipac or Lucas electrics in the damn thing, a perfect way to turn a good machine into an unreliable heap.

My favourite English bike joke... why do the British drink warm beer? Because Lucas makes refrigerators!

While my 53 Triumph was dead reliable any owner of a 70s British ride will groan at the mention of Lucas electrics
My Dad had the last year Triumph pre-unit 650. A 1961 if I recall. Five years and 61,000 miles later he sold it to buy a 1966 Trophy 650 unit construction and almost immediately regretted it. Niggling little problems nagged it for years.
@attila avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8291
Location: Latina (Italy)
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@attila avatar
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8291
Location: Latina (Italy)
UTC quote
It is a pity that until the second half of the 1980s the Italian motorcycle industry did not produce models capable of competing with Japanese manufacturers; there was something but a few isolated models ... I would never have bought one and in fact i preferred Yamaha (first new bike XT 500).
In the meantime my brother had abandoned his new Vespa PX 125 first series in the garage after only 1500 km.
And so I began to alternate between motorcycles and Vespa (never abandoned until it was destroyed in the accident that cost me my disability ...).
Well ... my brother never had the courage to ask me for money in exchange for the destroyed Vespa, every time he mentioned it I began to complain that if the Vespa hadn't been there ...ouch!
@jet_peddler avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
'07 LX150 (Sold), '17 GTS300, '16 BV350, '15 EN650, '09 FXDF (sold). '15 FLSTN
Joined: UTC
Posts: 5664
Location: Home of the Alamo
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@jet_peddler avatar
'07 LX150 (Sold), '17 GTS300, '16 BV350, '15 EN650, '09 FXDF (sold). '15 FLSTN
Joined: UTC
Posts: 5664
Location: Home of the Alamo
UTC quote
Wonderful!

Thanks for posting this.
@amateriat avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2015 GTS 300 Super (Melody: 2015-2021, RIP), 2022 GTS SuperTech (Thelonica; bit the dust 02-22-23)
Joined: UTC
Posts: 3924
Location: Asbury Park, NJ
 
Ossessionato
@amateriat avatar
2015 GTS 300 Super (Melody: 2015-2021, RIP), 2022 GTS SuperTech (Thelonica; bit the dust 02-22-23)
Joined: UTC
Posts: 3924
Location: Asbury Park, NJ
UTC quote
Re: Vespa!
Attila wrote:
(Sorry, I'm typing on the phone but it won't let me link to the movie ... Then I fix it.)

Look at the beginning of the movie.
Wonderful find...although I couldn't help notice the the cut-off intro at the end of this clip, "Coventry's Lady Rides Again." (Yeah, that IS how my mind works sometimes...)
Attila wrote:
It is a pity that until the second half of the 1980s the Italian motorcycle industry did not produce models capable of competing with Japanese manufacturers; there was something but a few isolated models ... I would never have bought one and in fact i preferred Yamaha (first new bike XT 500).
In the meantime my brother had abandoned his new Vespa PX 125 first series in the garage after only 1500 km.
And so I began to alternate between motorcycles and Vespa (never abandoned until it was destroyed in the accident that cost me my disability ...).
Well ... my brother never had the courage to ask me for money in exchange for the destroyed Vespa, every time he mentioned it I began to complain that if the Vespa hadn't been there ...ouch!
Story: In late 1976, I was planning to go for my motorcycle license (New York had just made motorcycle-license application separate from that for automobiles, which was a big deal for me a the time), and my father promised to put for th most of the money for a new bike, and I proudly put $500 down on a new Yamaha XT500 at a dealer in the Village in Manhattan. This got completely upended by my father's sudden death in November of '77, and only partly explains why I din't get back to the road scene until a bit over five years ago. Wow.
@attila avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8291
Location: Latina (Italy)
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@attila avatar
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8291
Location: Latina (Italy)
UTC quote
@fritz_katzenjammer avatar
UTC

Addicted
'07 GTS250ie "Mechanical Squirrel", '66 Honda Benly, '19 Suzuki 250 cafe "Mouse", '42 Henschel PzKw VI Tiger
Joined: UTC
Posts: 896
Location: somewhere deep in the back of the garage...Burlington ONT.
 
Addicted
@fritz_katzenjammer avatar
'07 GTS250ie "Mechanical Squirrel", '66 Honda Benly, '19 Suzuki 250 cafe "Mouse", '42 Henschel PzKw VI Tiger
Joined: UTC
Posts: 896
Location: somewhere deep in the back of the garage...Burlington ONT.
UTC quote
That body work! fuggily!

One only needs to look at the average British scooter to see why the Italians owned the market. Ugly, under developed and just too late to the market.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee
 

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com


All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.


[ Time: 0.0106s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0017s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]