OP
UTC

Hooked
2018 Vespa GTS 300 Super

Hooked
2018 Vespa GTS 300 Super
UTC quote
I apologize if these posts are not allowed. I am considering selling my 2018 Vespa GTS 300 Super. I am the original owner and have had it a little less than 2 years. It has 776 miles on it. I have added many accessories. I have pictures of the scooter when purchased and again as it is today. I have 2 keys, the owner's manual, and the title. There are no dents or scratches, It runs great. It was just state inspected. It has always been garaged when not ridden. Can you give me an estimate for what you think I could sell it for? I am located in central NC. Here are the pictures.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/u19GE9Zsbw1xNCpi8

Thanks!
@burt37 avatar
UTC

Addicted
GTS 300 SS BB

Addicted
@burt37 avatar
GTS 300 SS BB
UTC quote
Re: Value of my GTS?
bigcanoe wrote:
I apologize if these posts are not allowed. I am considering selling my 2018 Vespa GTS 300 Super. I am the original owner and have had it a little less than 2 years. It has 776 miles on it. I have added many accessories. I have pictures of the scooter when purchased and again as it is today. I have 2 keys, the owner's manual, and the title. There are no dents or scratches, It runs great. It was just state inspected. It has always been garaged when not ridden. Can you give me an estimate for what you think I could sell it for? I am located in central NC. Here are the pictures.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/u19GE9Zsbw1xNCpi8

Thanks!
43 views no replies...

I can only tell you what I would pay if I was interested to buy it..

There are some rules of thumb in the market that you could use..

1) Once a new vehicle is out of the door of the dealership it does lose a huge chunk of value. Not much you can do about that..

2) Accessories are of no value to a dealer if he has to purchase the vehicle back from you. That is not really true, but the dealer is counting on you as being lazy and perhaps having not kept the original parts..

3)Black is not as easy to sell as white

4) Expect much, much less, if you are trading in

With this in mind, you best option is always a private sales. Your Vespa was retailing in 2018 at around the $10,000 AUD. (7,700USD)

If I had to buy your today, I would go 7,000 plus another 500 for the accessories and the low mileage...

So 7,500.00AUD (5,800USD) would be my offer. But also remember that supply and demand, colour and the time of the year can also affect your resale value as in winter being the worse time..

If you want to make a quick sale, probably $5,500USD

Note that these prices are based on the AUS market not the US, so perhaps completely useless to you.. Laughing emoticon
OP
UTC

Hooked
2018 Vespa GTS 300 Super

Hooked
2018 Vespa GTS 300 Super
UTC quote
That is very helpful thank you!
@touring300 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
GTS 300ie Touring 2013 - Signora D'argento

Ossessionato
@touring300 avatar
GTS 300ie Touring 2013 - Signora D'argento
UTC quote
There was a discussion on here recently which attracted a diverse response with suggestions on how to sell and what price the scooter might achieve. I know it was a GTV, but they are basically the same scooter apart from the obvious styling differences.

Am I asking too much?

Good luck on your sale!
UTC

Addicted
SilverWing 600-- 4nprevious Vespa

Addicted
SilverWing 600-- 4nprevious Vespa
UTC quote
My world after 66 years of this and over 75 new bikes/scooters. Accessories bring nothing in selling used scooter, low miles might mean something, but scooter is three model years old, and no warranty----maybe $3000-3500 US?

Could be good deal for somebody who can put up with/fix bike that has sat for three or more years
UTC

Hooked
2007 Vespa 250 GTS

Hooked
2007 Vespa 250 GTS
UTC quote
Taken with a grain of salt
@fritz_katzenjammer avatar
UTC

Addicted
'07 GTS250ie "Mechanical Squirrel", '66 Honda Benly, '19 Suzuki 250 cafe "Mouse", '42 Henschel PzKw VI Tiger
Location: somewhere deep in the back of the garage...Burlington ONT.

Addicted
@fritz_katzenjammer avatar
'07 GTS250ie "Mechanical Squirrel", '66 Honda Benly, '19 Suzuki 250 cafe "Mouse", '42 Henschel PzKw VI Tiger
Location: somewhere deep in the back of the garage...Burlington ONT.
UTC quote
Hit the web, Craigs list, Auto Trader or whatever other sales forums are available in your area and look for "your bike". That will give you an idea of what that type of machine is worth in your neck of the woods. Check the websites of some nearby dealers for what they are asking for used machines.

Accessories add little to the value come time to sell unless the person looking to buy wants that particular piece of hardware. After many years and many bikes I've found that Accessories are more money-pit than investment... that has never kept me from pouring money into them, I just reason that I buy them for my own enjoyment and won't get much for them should they ever be sold with a machine. The best add ons are the ones that can be moved on to the next bike, I have stuff from two previous machines on my current bike, some bits are pushing 40 years old.

Place has a lot to do with price as well. 50s sell well in the big city but are worthless in the middle of the prairies. Scooter prices are better in warm climates where the riding season is longer. Scooters are far more popular in Europe than in Canada and therefore hold their value better. Sales in your area are more meaningful than the opinions of people from half a world away.
@kshansen avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)

Molto Verboso
@kshansen avatar
GTV300 (wife's)
UTC quote
I'll add to the part about accessories not adding to the selling price.

They are in the same area as a custom paint job. I've seen many motorcycles with paint jobs that probably cost more the the Blue Book value of an identical stock version of that bike!

If I was to be interested in buying a bike of that year and model but had not interest in the fancy paint job I would have to deduct the cost of getting it repainted to say plain black from what I would be willing to offer.

At least with many accessories removing them might not take much more than a few minutes with basic tools as long as installing them did not damage the paint of any other finishes.
@willie_b avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
'20 300GTS Super Tec '09 250 GTSie '75 Rally 200 '79 P200 '09 Stella 221

Ossessionato
@willie_b avatar
'20 300GTS Super Tec '09 250 GTSie '75 Rally 200 '79 P200 '09 Stella 221
UTC quote
A stock bike will sell quicker than one farkled. I would put the bike back to it's original condition and sell your farkles on Facebook Marketplace or one of the scooter forums. I personally don't like one all accessorized and generally look past them. You'll get more for the bike and get something for your accessories that you would have given away. Just saying?
OP
UTC

Hooked
2018 Vespa GTS 300 Super

Hooked
2018 Vespa GTS 300 Super
UTC quote
Thats interesting, I hadnt thought of that but it makes sense. Thanks!
@big_boys_mother avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2010 GTV250ie - Sienna Ivory, BMW F650CS, HD 883 Sportster

Molto Verboso
@big_boys_mother avatar
2010 GTV250ie - Sienna Ivory, BMW F650CS, HD 883 Sportster
UTC quote
For grins I did a quick Cycletrader search (as I look there frequently, anyway) for a 2018 GTS Super 300. As of this moment, there are only four - 2018 model year listed. There is a black one with 1500 miles, listed for $4999 at Fredricksburg Motor Sports in Fredricksburg, VA - a few hundred miles from you. There's a gray (?) one with 2600 miles in Granite Falls, NC, listed for $5495 at Blue Ridge Riders. Once you determine selling price, you may also want to post the scoot for sale at any colleges/universities in your area. NC has some great riding! Take into consideration, list price does not mean selling price. WillieB offered sound advice. Good Luck!
OP
UTC

Hooked
2018 Vespa GTS 300 Super

Hooked
2018 Vespa GTS 300 Super
UTC quote
It does! I wish my wife and I had more time to ride but with caring for our animals, our home, and our parents, we never seem to find the time. We used to take the scooters and go camping but we haven't done that in a couple of years. Maybe someday soon! Thanks for all the advice everyone.
@motovista avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GT 2.4

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@motovista avatar
GT 2.4
UTC quote
What accessories have you added? I see a front and rear rack, side bars, windshield and that fugly topcase, but that's about it. I would remove the topcase, because it doesn't look like it belongs on the bike and cheapens things up, the crap attached to the mirror, and the windshield, because it does interfere with the lines of the bike, but other than that, leave the racks and bars on. It's basic stuff, not weirdo accessories three people with end stage syphilitic dementia might want, and it does add value to the bike for most people, as long as it's not pitted or rusted. Mention the windshield in the listing, but show the bike without it.
Ask a grand or so over high book, but be prepared to move from that figure if it doesn't move. Remember that used Vespas routinely sell for more than the "book" value. If someone brings up book value, it doesn't hurt to suggest that they try to buy one for that. You will hear a lot of very strange things designed to get you to lower your price. What you are looking for is one person who wants your bike, agrees with you more or less about what it's worth, and has the means to buy it, not the horde who want your bike, but can't spring for extra cheese on a pizza. You can put it up for sale with one price, then lower that price if you don't get any bites.
No test rides, no matter what BS version of their riding ability the potential buyer offers up. Once they drop it, they won't want to buy it anymore, and good luck getting the money out of them to fix it. As soon as someone says, "I won't buy anything without a test ride, just say, "thank you for letting me know that. Good luck in your search. Next." It might save you a lot of grief.
If someone wants your "best price" over the phone, it's probably a waste of time. Make them come and see the bike, so you can see that it's someone who really can buy it, before you start negotiating. Dealing with the mutts and halfwits that want to trade six things that don't run, but you can fix them up and make a little money, who pop up whenever you list a bike for sale take the fun out of it in a hurry.
@abner_bjorn avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2007 GT200, 2008 Yamaha C3, 2009 BV250

Molto Verboso
@abner_bjorn avatar
2007 GT200, 2008 Yamaha C3, 2009 BV250
UTC quote
Strip everything off the bike that wasn't there when you bought it. Buy a take-off rear grab bar, and put that where your rack is. Sell all of that stuff seperately. It won't bring you any more money on your vespa. Wait until Memorial day and advertise it on Craigslist for $5,400. Say the price is firm for 10 days. After that I'll entertain offers. No test rides without cash in hand.
@2wheelsdan avatar
UTC

Hooked
GTS300 supertech

Hooked
@2wheelsdan avatar
GTS300 supertech
UTC quote
I bought a 2018 GTS touring with the factory top case last fall with 700 miles for $4600.
@dooglas avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Buddy Kick 125

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@dooglas avatar
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Buddy Kick 125
UTC quote
Don't look at asking prices for recent model year used GTS at a dealer and presume you can get the same. Even the dealer probably won't get that much. Selling a Vespa is a bit fickle because price very much depends on the area and the time of year. You can look at asking price for other private sales in your area and you can also refer to Blue Book and NADA to get some idea - but you will also just have to see how it goes.
OP
UTC

Hooked
2018 Vespa GTS 300 Super

Hooked
2018 Vespa GTS 300 Super
UTC quote
Great advice! I realize now that the accessories are somewhat subjective to taste and probably am better off returning to stock and selling them separately. If I decide to proceed that's what I will do.
OP
UTC

Hooked
2018 Vespa GTS 300 Super

Hooked
2018 Vespa GTS 300 Super
UTC quote
I shot an email to some dealers, got one response so far, just sharing "3500 stock 3800 to 4000 with accessories and it is mint let me know thanks"
@burt37 avatar
UTC

Addicted
GTS 300 SS BB

Addicted
@burt37 avatar
GTS 300 SS BB
UTC quote
bigcanoe wrote:
I shot an email to some dealers, got one response so far, just sharing "3500 stock 3800 to 4000 with accessories and it is mint let me know thanks"
Yes, it make sense. The dealer then will try to sell it again for $5000-5500..

They got to make some profit... Or you could sell it privately and cash the difference as well..
UTC

Hooked
2013 BV350, 2014 GTS , 2016 GTS, 2013 Downtown 300i, 2018 Like 150i

Hooked
2013 BV350, 2014 GTS , 2016 GTS, 2013 Downtown 300i, 2018 Like 150i
UTC quote
I am pretty sure YOU could easily sell a 2018 Vespa GTS 300 Super for $3500-$4000, but you now have a pretty good range of what it is worth and to who. I think folks would consider $3500 an exceptional price and it would sell very fast. The closer you get to to $4000 (from >$5000) the easier to sell. Even at $5000 it will sell, it will just take longer.
@cmatts avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
2020 gts 300 super sport hpe

Enthusiast
@cmatts avatar
2020 gts 300 super sport hpe
UTC quote
as other said - think location / supply / demand will also be big factor.

Ive been looking in nyc - pre owned from a dealer this bike is about $6000usd

I would guess private seller $5000-5500?

But, I think prices are higher here since vespas are more commonly used as daily transportation vs areas with less dense traffic.
OP
UTC

Hooked
2018 Vespa GTS 300 Super

Hooked
2018 Vespa GTS 300 Super
UTC quote
Agree, $3800 cash, somewhat more on trade, somewhat more on private sale, is what I am getting a vibe for...At this point I may just keep it and try and make it more exciting to me. I need to research some performance upgrades.
@greasy125 avatar
UTC

Sergeant at Arms
Weird 80's Vespas & Cool Vintage Lambrettas

Sergeant at Arms
@greasy125 avatar
Weird 80's Vespas & Cool Vintage Lambrettas
UTC quote
you're coming right into riding season and people are just about to start getting tax returns, so consider that.

i'd say a solid 5 and it would probably move. you may need to sit on it for a hot minute but it's clean and lo miles. at 4 or less it'd be gone by the weekend.

also, strongly agree, take off all the goo-gah bling and just offer it as well on the side.

good luck with your sale or happy riding if you keep it!

-g
OP
UTC

Hooked
2018 Vespa GTS 300 Super

Hooked
2018 Vespa GTS 300 Super
UTC quote
I may do that...I am kinda over all the chrome hahah. I was worried I would drop it and dent it! I havent dropped it yet. Thanks for the kind words!
UTC

Enthusiast
2019 GTS300

Enthusiast
2019 GTS300
UTC quote
I paid $5k for a 2019 GTS touring with 600 miles on it. I think I paid fair market rate for it given my research. Also, the used scooter market in my area is pretty active right now (springtime) and my local dealer is saying he's having a hard time getting new Vespa's in. Not sure if that supply chain related, increased demand, or both.
OP
UTC

Hooked
2018 Vespa GTS 300 Super

Hooked
2018 Vespa GTS 300 Super
UTC quote
I have posted the Vespa and decided to go ahead with the sale. The price is negotiable.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0171s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0100s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]