@oldschooot avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2018 LIBERTY 150S, 2013 Kymco LIKE200iLX

Ossessionato
@oldschooot avatar
2018 LIBERTY 150S, 2013 Kymco LIKE200iLX
UTC quote
39°F....close enough to 'warm' so riding today.

After 20 mins, topped here at the city limits - got my scarf out of the top case for the rest of the ride into the country for coffee. Time was 5:57AM as I left the city.*
External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text

B&B left the party lights on......

My daughter just laughed last night at my pile of clothes on the kitchen table for today's chilly ride.
(ear plugs, balaclava, two heavy thermal shirts, armored pants, rain pants, armored leather jacket, hi viz rain jacket, electric gauntlets, sox, boots, 2 sizes of scarves.

O.S.
* glare-back from Piaggio's poorly designed flyscreen for the Liberty. After 4 years I've gotten used to it. It lights up my hi viz chest at night, I'm told. You can see that in the yellow reflection of the instrument panel chrome bezel.
@crazycarl avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2007 250 GTS, 1980 P200E, 2010 ThunderFly 190 (SOLD) 2015 Yamaha SMax (SOLD)

Ossessionato
@crazycarl avatar
2007 250 GTS, 1980 P200E, 2010 ThunderFly 190 (SOLD) 2015 Yamaha SMax (SOLD)
UTC quote
I got a decent ride in on Sunday out to Hueston Woods/Oxford while temps were in the upper 50's.

As for that glare on the windscreen, there might be a few steps to take to minimize it. I had a similar issue with my Fly 150. I removed the windscreen and took off the mounting rods. I then took the rods and found a good spot to bend them back to lay the screen back towards me a bit, so it would lay a few degrees flatter. This process involved a vice and a sledge hammer, not very scientific. By changing the rake of the windscreen, you might not get as much glare and it will be a smidge more aerodynamic.

Next, I painted the bottom 5 inches of the windscreen where it was out of my line of sight. I used a plastidip spray on the inside so it can be removed easily, but not get damaged by oncoming bugs and stones.

The last step was when reinstalling, I mounted the screen as high as it would go.

As a last resort (which I did not undertake), you could make a headlamp visor and mount it with 3M auto tape. This will block the light from hitting the windscreen. Make a template with poster board and transfer that to some thin gauge aluminum sheet and then paint it black.
@mayorofnow avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2020 GTS 300 HPE

Molto Verboso
@mayorofnow avatar
2020 GTS 300 HPE
UTC quote
I wear a scarf on every ride, both for warmth and for noise reduction. Wild to think about riding in the 30s and thinking "maaaaaybe it's scarf weather..."
@bvbob avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
'95 Yamaha Riva 125- '05 Piaggio BV200-'05 Honda Reflex-'08 Honda Metropolitan

Molto Verboso
@bvbob avatar
'95 Yamaha Riva 125- '05 Piaggio BV200-'05 Honda Reflex-'08 Honda Metropolitan
UTC quote
Went for a nice ride this afternoon. Temps in the mid 40's. When the sun would hide behind the clouds it was COLD! Was thinking the whole time that tomorrow I'll be sitting next to the fireplace all day and here I am riding...In Ohio, the weather is always changing. Better weather is just ahead.

Bob
@fritz_katzenjammer avatar
UTC

Addicted
'07 GTS250ie "Mechanical Squirrel", '66 Honda Benly, '19 Suzuki 250 cafe "Mouse", '42 Henschel PzKw VI Tiger
Location: somewhere deep in the back of the garage...Burlington ONT.

Addicted
@fritz_katzenjammer avatar
'07 GTS250ie "Mechanical Squirrel", '66 Honda Benly, '19 Suzuki 250 cafe "Mouse", '42 Henschel PzKw VI Tiger
Location: somewhere deep in the back of the garage...Burlington ONT.
UTC quote
'I've been stuck indoors awaiting Covid test results for the better part of a week while its been beautiful riding weather outside. Today I finally get my clearance to get back to work and flog the bikes on the daily commute and its going to snow tomorrow! Where's the justice!!!

Oh well... shouldn't bitch... the test could have come back positive.
@chrisfromcle avatar
UTC

Hooked
2019 Primavera 150, 2019 Honda Super Cub 125, 2017 Honda Metropolitan, 1965 Honda Super Cub 50 CA102

Hooked
@chrisfromcle avatar
2019 Primavera 150, 2019 Honda Super Cub 125, 2017 Honda Metropolitan, 1965 Honda Super Cub 50 CA102
UTC quote
Sadly, the weather reporters were right this time.

Chris from CLE
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@attila avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@attila avatar
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956
UTC quote
In my area there is sun and clear skies in the morning but with low temperatures (12 ° C - 16 ° C) but from the early afternoon clouds and thin rain arrive with small hail dots ...
On the mountains behind my house (about 30 km) the peaks are covered with snow so from the highest points at 1000 meters up to about 300 meters below, what a strange climate ... never seen such a winter climate in mid-April.
Still not recommended to go out
@pmatulew avatar
UTC

Hooked
2009 MP3 400, 2004 Honda ST1300

Hooked
@pmatulew avatar
2009 MP3 400, 2004 Honda ST1300
UTC quote
Ugh! Poo inbound. Guess I'm taking the car this morning.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0120s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0041s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]