OP
@emerson avatar
UTC

200L Grandturismo

@emerson avatar
200L Grandturismo
UTC quote
Can someone clue me in on how to remove the evap canister for replacement? I have the rubber strap unhooked on the bracket, and removed the nut from the mounting bracket so it'll move a bit. But there seems to be insufficient space to haul the old one out and put the new one in.

Not interested in removing the evap system at this time [read THOSE threads...] just want to understand how to make the swap.

Thanks for any advice/experience you can offer.
@25bikez avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2022 Liberty 150S-"Meg"-SOLD

Molto Verboso
@25bikez avatar
2022 Liberty 150S-"Meg"-SOLD
UTC quote
It's quite a pain. The working space is tight and blind, and other hoses are in the way. I basically had to dislodge and disconnect all the hoses and bracketry and twist and wiggle everything out. The other hoses (roll over valve, overfill valve, air vent, and vacuum to the intake) are very short and stiff, and they contribute to holding it in place. Also, I think I remember taking off the airbox to get more working room. It's been a couple of years, though, and I sold that particular bike.

You might use the internet to look at the parts schematics for the evap system to get an idea of how everything fits.

Good luck.
OP
@emerson avatar
UTC

200L Grandturismo

@emerson avatar
200L Grandturismo
UTC quote
Thanks - the tight quarters is the issue. Schematics help, but a cellphone photo from under has been a little better for visualizing what to do.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0108s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0038s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]