OP
UTC

P200

P200
UTC quote
What is the recommended squish for a Malossi 210 sport?

With the thickest gasket supplied with the kit, I'm at 1.0mm. Is that too small?

The supplied booklet makes no recommendation.

Nor does it specify any torque specs. For aluminum kit, it should be what? 17-22nm?

Thanks!
@108 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
V range 50s

Ossessionato
@108 avatar
V range 50s
UTC quote
Which booklet did you get?

Theres a table which specifies the squish for the kit

Theres another thread which has mentioned too, but cant find it...
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
OP
UTC

P200

P200
UTC quote
Thank you for the info. Where is this table from? The booklet supplied with my kit does not include that table and the booklet only has 20 pages, there is no page 29.

There is a brief mention of 1mm when using an original head but nothing about the Malossi head supplied with the kit.

0.8mm seems low, when searching various forums for this question, I've never seen a sub 1mm figure. But I guess that is what Malossi recommends? Is that what people are running with this kit?

Thanks
@108 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
V range 50s

Ossessionato
@108 avatar
V range 50s
UTC quote
macxgeek wrote:
Thank you for the info. Where is this table from? The booklet supplied with my kit does not include that table and the booklet only has 20 pages, there is no page 29.

There is a brief mention of 1mm when using an original head but nothing about the Malossi head supplied with the kit.

0.8mm seems low, when searching various forums for this question, I've never seen a sub 1mm figure. But I guess that is what Malossi recommends? Is that what people are running with this kit?

Thanks
Someone posted it here before...

But I think it's been updated... you can find it online with a google search... but I've tried attaching the pdf here...
OP
UTC

P200

P200
UTC quote
Awesome, thank you. Looks like that one was updated on 5/2018 and now includes a squish column on the first page. My version does not include that column, hence my confusion
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@108 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
V range 50s

Ossessionato
@108 avatar
V range 50s
UTC quote
I was at 1.5mm squish with the stock head gasket (not needed, because there's an o-ring) and the stock bottom gasket...

Removed both after discussion with the gents on the forum and I'm at 0.8mm squish...

But I'm using a modified malossi head... it's been re-profiled to be deeper and a lowered squish band

It's like 2.7mm deep or thereabouts
@kowalski avatar
UTC

Addicted
2005 Stellalossi 177 Fe

Addicted
@kowalski avatar
2005 Stellalossi 177 Fe
UTC quote
I have a newer version of the Malossi manual--see attached. Shows 0.90 mm squish for the kit I think you must have (3116346) and 1.8 kgm (17.65 nm) for torque.
OP
UTC

P200

P200
UTC quote
Kowalski wrote:
I have a newer version of the Malossi manual--see attached. Shows 0.90 mm squish for the kit I think you must have (3116346) and 1.8 kgm (17.65 nm) for torque.
Correct, the packaging for the kit I have indicates that it is the 3116346 version. Strange it came with such and old version of the manual. So it looks like .9mm is the way to go. Thank you!!!
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0138s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0068s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]