OP
UTC

Lurker

Lurker
UTC quote
I'm really torn between the Super Cub and the 150 Liberty S. I live in a very urban environment and am looking for something to supplement my royal enfield. I want something to buzz around the city and to work. I'm torn between the looks and the feel of the Honda but the practicality of the Liberty. On occasion I have my wife and my daughter on the back of my bike so not sure if I need a two seater. I'll also be bringing whatever I purchase to a summer town in Michigan.

Anyone have thoughts before I make the final decision? I've aways liked the primavera but the price point has me questioning going that route.

Thanks!
UTC

Molto Verboso
2023 Genuine Buddy 125

Molto Verboso
2023 Genuine Buddy 125
UTC quote
Both quality manufacturers and bot the perfect displacement in my opinion. There is someone in my area who just purchased a Super Cub and they tried to run up on my Liberty. Yeah, right! See ya! The rider tried it another day and got the same results. Someone did a review/comparison of the Super Cub against the Honda ADV-150. Of course the ADV won. But speed aside, I love the ease of my Liberty. I have to have a flat floor for hauling stuff and I hate shifting gears. Finally, I don't like many retro bikes. But you can't really go wrong no matter what you purchase. Follow your butt and heart.
@mjrally avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
73 & 74 Rally, 76 ET3, 80 P200, 06 PX150, 59 Ser 2, 65 Silver Special, 90 V5N 50, 2015 HD Road Glide Special

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@mjrally avatar
73 & 74 Rally, 76 ET3, 80 P200, 06 PX150, 59 Ser 2, 65 Silver Special, 90 V5N 50, 2015 HD Road Glide Special
UTC quote
For now, Im leaning towards the Liberty.

Its a 150cc, its got a longer wheelbase, 2 person seat, storage space with the option of a rear box, color choices (in case you dont want red), its cheaper and depending on how large of a person you are, may be more ergonomically pleasant for you.

The Honda I'd lean more towards if you were 5'8 or shorter, didnt need storage, dont have passengers, wanted something smaller to lift/ maneuver/ take on the RV.

Let us know what you decide on!
UTC

Addicted
SilverWing 600-- 4nprevious Vespa

Addicted
SilverWing 600-- 4nprevious Vespa
UTC quote
Check who has the dealers!
OP
UTC

Lurker

Lurker
UTC quote
These are helpful responses. Much appreciated. One thing I forgot to mention, is that live in a hilly city. Probably makes sense to go with the Liberty.
@chrisfromcle avatar
UTC

Hooked
2019 Primavera 150, 2019 Honda Super Cub 125, 2017 Honda Metropolitan, 1965 Honda Super Cub 50 CA102

Hooked
@chrisfromcle avatar
2019 Primavera 150, 2019 Honda Super Cub 125, 2017 Honda Metropolitan, 1965 Honda Super Cub 50 CA102
UTC quote
I have both a Cub 125 and Primavera 150. I love them both differently. The Cub is a motorcycle, period. It has no storage. I bought a rear rack but put a pillion on it. It is fine for two up riding and just plain fun. The clutchless shifting is fine but you will find it is geared close and you shift a lot. The big diameter wheels take the big bumps better than most scooters. It takes almost zero maintenance and just runs.

The Primavera is a much more passive ride with the CVT so you can just sit back and enjoy the ride. It is a much better hauler. Also great for two up and the spring preload helps. On most roads, it is a smoother ride than the Honda.

To me it is like having a son and a daughter. You love them both but just a little differently.

Hope you find the one that's best for you.

Chris from CLE
Shown sleeping this winter...
Shown sleeping this winter...
@kz1000st avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Dongfang 170cc, CF Moto Fashion 250

Molto Verboso
@kz1000st avatar
Dongfang 170cc, CF Moto Fashion 250
UTC quote
I had an underbone 50cc China bike with a Cub clone motor. It was an absolute hoot to ride. The issue here is that a scooter is a scooter and a Cub of any displacement is a motorcycle. What you get with either are the advantages or disadvantages that they come with. It's why I have both in the garage.
@collinsd65 avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
LX 50

Enthusiast
@collinsd65 avatar
LX 50
UTC quote
sc00ter,

Your in Norfolk Lived in Portsmouth many years.
In North Carolina now.

David
LX 50 4t 2v 4-poke
@dooglas avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Buddy Kick 125

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@dooglas avatar
UTC quote
The Liberty is a conventional CVT scooter. The Cub has a manual shift with centrifugal clutch. There is a choice to be made there. For anyone without experience with one or both of these systems - try before you buy.
UTC

Hooked
'06 GTS 250; '18 GTS 300; '21 Liberty 150

Hooked
'06 GTS 250; '18 GTS 300; '21 Liberty 150
UTC quote
I rode my buddy's cub, fun ride, nice instruments, having to shift was different but fine. No storage though which to me affects the utility. I mean, where do you put the 6-pack from your local shart mart? mic drop.
@waspmike avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
LXV 150 3v ie. Midnight Blue (Sold) Now Honda Zoomer X

Ossessionato
@waspmike avatar
UTC quote
Is the CT-125 available there?

External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text

But if using the bike to commute then that has to be considered. Keeping nice shoes and trousers from the elements may be important.
OP
UTC

Lurker

Lurker
UTC quote
Well, I think I've made a decision. It's a curve ball but after listening to everyone I was just quoted 6250 out the door for a primavera sport. Is that a good deal? If so I'm going to pull the trigger.
@dooglas avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@dooglas avatar
UTC quote
412rider wrote:
Well, I think I've made a decision. It's a curve ball but after listening to everyone I was just quoted 6250 out the door for a primavera sport. Is that a good deal? If so I'm going to pull the trigger.
Hmmm, what did anyone say in this discussion that lead you to decide for the Primavera versus the Liberty or the Cub. Nothing wrong with the Primavera mind you, just curious. As far as price, that isn't an exceptionally good deal but we are right at the start of the riding season, and most of the dealer add-ons, taxes, and registration aren't negotiable in any event. Ride it this summer, and enjoy. That is what scooters are for!
OP
UTC

Lurker

Lurker
UTC quote
It came down to I wanted the vintage look with the easy of the Liberty. Kinda just landed on it.
@chrisfromcle avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@chrisfromcle avatar
UTC quote
412rider wrote:
Can't speak to the deal but the Primavera is a great choice. You will have a blast. Congrats.

Chris from CLE
UTC

2020 Primavera 150, 2021 GTS Racing 60s

2020 Primavera 150, 2021 GTS Racing 60s
UTC quote
It came down to I wanted the vintage look with the easy of t
Hey 412,

Don't know where in PA you are but I'm in southwestern Pennsylvania, Somerset County. Last year I bought a new Primavera from the dealer in Accident Maryland, about 40 miles away, and they were great to deal with. I wanted a red one so they special ordered it for me and charged msrp + $100.00. No freight/set up or anything else. They gave me a notarized certificate of origin that I took to a PA notary and paid Pennsylvania registration and sales tax.

Interesting choice you're making because one of my other bikes I've been using the last couple of years is a 1981 Honda C70 Passport (super cub)that I've owned for decades. It's fun to ride too and better in my opinion for exploring dirt roads but having put a few thousand miles on the Vespa, I'd pick that in a heartbeat.

You're going to love the Vespa.
@maggiegirl avatar
UTC

Addicted
2021 Primavera 150 touring, 2016 LXV 150 ie, 1978 Vespa P125, 2019 Piaggio Liberty 150

Addicted
@maggiegirl avatar
2021 Primavera 150 touring, 2016 LXV 150 ie, 1978 Vespa P125, 2019 Piaggio Liberty 150
UTC quote
I really like my Liberty, but bought it a better quality gas cap. And I really want to put a USB port on it...
I love my Vespa LXV150IE, despite the fact that I have beat it up some...
And I would attack anyone who tried to mess with my vintage P125x.....
That doesn't mean that Honda doesn't make good rides, or cars, but since that darn right foot can't do that right foot brake thing a shifty motorcycle is a no go here and that brake peddle on the floorboard is not the same as a lever my foot can't turn in enough to use...
But if you buy any new rides you have to post photos here...
@waspmike avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@waspmike avatar
UTC quote
maggiegirl wrote:
I love my Vespa LXV150IE,
Clap emoticon Clap emoticon Clap emoticon 8) 8) 8)
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0104s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0040s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]