UTC

Ossessionato
Gigi, '13 GTS 300ie Touring

Ossessionato
@guzzi_gal avatar
Gigi, '13 GTS 300ie Touring
UTC quote
KimPossible wrote:
Delaying my start by one day to avoid Elsa has also given me time to fix my topcase and adapt my front luggage rack to carry my gas can.

I've seen and admired people's precision machined, tightly fitted adapters and would love to say I did that. But I didn't. I used a cookie sheet. ROFL emoticon
The vintage scooter folk seem to admire patina and that cookie sheet has that in spades! ROFL emoticon
⚠️ Last edited by Guzzi Gal on UTC; edited 1 time
@big_boys_mother avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2010 GTV250ie - Sienna Ivory, BMW F650CS, HD 883 Sportster

Molto Verboso
@big_boys_mother avatar
2010 GTV250ie - Sienna Ivory, BMW F650CS, HD 883 Sportster
UTC quote
KimPossible wrote:
... I used a cookie sheet.
Ingenious!!! By considering to participate in this endeavor from April 24, to making it a reality, in leaving, to the start, July 10 - you go girl!!! I will be one to follow the "not a race." As mentioned,
ks7877 wrote:
That's the spirit! You got this!!
@gopam avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2016 BMW R1200RT & 2007 GT200 & 2020 Vespa GTS SuperSport 300 HPE,2024 Honda ADV 160

Molto Verboso
@gopam avatar
2016 BMW R1200RT & 2007 GT200 & 2020 Vespa GTS SuperSport 300 HPE,2024 Honda ADV 160
UTC quote
KimPossible wrote:
I should be moving along tomorrow.
It has amazed me how much needs to come together to make this happen. Right now I'm dealing with the fact that my laptop which will hold all my navigation backups has just died. What force is it in the universe that makes this timing issue on so many things!
So now I am uploading all my basecamp files from my desktop up to Garmin's Explorer web app. My tablet can do the web app, so I think that may suffice.

Nevertheless, she persisted.
I hear ya Kim on “what force is it in the universe….”

And that cookie sheet front gas can rack is genius!! You’re a total bad ass! Looking forward to meeting you.

Sincerely Rider 89 hovering on the map at Burbank airport
@znomit avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190 Friday afternoon special, [s]Primavera[/s], S50, too many pushbikes

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@znomit avatar
LX190 Friday afternoon special, [s]Primavera[/s], S50, too many pushbikes
UTC quote
I’d be worried about the headlight melting that rotopax. Please test without gas.
OP
@kimpossible avatar
UTC

Addicted
Tethys - 2012 GTS 300

Addicted
@kimpossible avatar
Tethys - 2012 GTS 300
UTC quote
znomit wrote:
I’d be worried about the headlight melting that rotopax. Please test without gas.
I'm going to pick up one of these for the gasless trip to bar harbor. Hopefully while I'm there i can lower it..
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Oatey-Soldering-Flame-Protector/1043403

Even gasless, I don't want to melt my rotopax.
OP
@kimpossible avatar
UTC

Addicted
Tethys - 2012 GTS 300

Addicted
@kimpossible avatar
Tethys - 2012 GTS 300
UTC quote
I was able to lower the gas can to as low as it could go. Checked it at every gas stop and it stayed cool as a cucumber! Yay

Stopping for the night in CT. Hopefully I'll get into Bar Harbor before the rider meeting.
OP
@kimpossible avatar
UTC

Addicted
Tethys - 2012 GTS 300

Addicted
@kimpossible avatar
Tethys - 2012 GTS 300
UTC quote
Just squeaked in on the rider meeting. Which means - I made it to the starting line!!
The hotel nearly gave me a heart attack when they said they didn't have my tires. 3 storage room searches later they did find them. Shew! Riding today was perfect weather and beautiful scenery. 10 more of the same please.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0232s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0135s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]