@scooterino avatar
UTC

Lurker
2021 Vespa Sei Giorni II

Lurker
@scooterino avatar
2021 Vespa Sei Giorni II
UTC quote
Hey everybody, about to attempt my first mod on my 2021 Vespa Sei Giorni II and I'm a little nervous. I picked up a set of LED switchbacks and turn signal lights from scooterwest.com (SKU: MI200-GTS-BK) the install looks pretty straight forward (for older Vespa GTS models) but the Sei Giorni II has LED lighting all around and I'm wondering if it's easier than advertised (without any splicing). Just wondering if anyone has upgraded their Vespa's with LED lighting with this kit and how it went, I can't find much info on it, thanks!

Link to LED kit:
https://www.scooterwest.com/complete-set-of-4-smoked-lens-led-switchback-running-and-turn-signal-light-kit-gts-super-300-2015-2020-all-years-gtv.html
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
OP
@scooterino avatar
UTC

Lurker
2021 Vespa Sei Giorni II

Lurker
@scooterino avatar
2021 Vespa Sei Giorni II
UTC quote
I did it! Despite having LED lighting the lights still need to tap into existing wiring for the daytime running lights so splicing is involved (but it's easy). It definitely took a bit of time but if you go slow and follow the steps it's really easy. The only tricky part was the rear lights, do not tap into the cable that plugs directly into the turn signal, tap into the wiring that goes into the main rear light (cut open the cable wire and fish out the yellow cable with a black stripe). Cheers and happy modding!
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@berto avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2006 LX150 (carbed) | 2007 GT200

Molto Verboso
@berto avatar
2006 LX150 (carbed) | 2007 GT200
UTC quote
Good stuff! Clap emoticon
OP
@scooterino avatar
UTC

Lurker
2021 Vespa Sei Giorni II

Lurker
@scooterino avatar
2021 Vespa Sei Giorni II
UTC quote
One more pic of the front! Another thing to keep in mind is that the included splicing kit sometimes doesn't cut through the power wire so make sure you use a pair of pliers to clamp down on the splicer (listen for a satisfying snap), otherwise the daytime running lights won't turn on (you'll still be able to use the turn signal though).
From the front!
From the front!
@touring300 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
GTS 300ie Touring 2013 - Signora D'argento

Ossessionato
@touring300 avatar
GTS 300ie Touring 2013 - Signora D'argento
UTC quote
A super mod, you must be very pleased.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0089s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0029s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]