OP
UTC

Lurker
Fly50 4 Tempi

Lurker
Fly50 4 Tempi
UTC quote
I just bought this scooter and it appears in great shape. It only has 2500 miles and was stored indoors. It was recently running and the person I got it from couldn't get started anymore. I figured dirty carbs etc.. I checked for spark. Replaced the plug. Cleaned the carb. Replaced the battery. Still no start. It turns over good and the taillight comes on but not the headlamp and I noticed the kill switch looked broken I seem to have weak spark it is hard to see.. I ordered a new switch, replaced the carb with a cheap one.. The new switch connector will not fit it is to small for the pigtail nut is a three wire switch.

What should I look at next and is there a way to test if i actually have good spark or not.

Thank you for any help and for this forum.

Mike
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300

Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
UTC quote
Just to note the headlight (and some other dash lights) will only come on when the engine is running, as it is fed AC from the regulator, not DC from the battery.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0083s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0021s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]