Tuning my ET2
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
2001 Vespa et2
Sat May 01, 2021 3:22 pm quote
I recently just kitted my 2001 ET2 with a malossi 70cc. Put a Dellorto 17.5, multivar variator, and K&N pod filter. @jixaw has been helping me immensely with all of the problems I’ve run into. Im currently running a 104 jet and my needle clip is 3rd notch from the top. Everything seems fine except for WOT which bogs down the bike. I went up and down a lot in main jet sizes to see if it would do anything and not much changed. Any ideas on what I could try.
Hooked

Sat May 01, 2021 4:56 pm quote
Mattyboynyc wrote:
I recently just kitted my 2001 ET2 with a malossi 70cc. Put a Dellorto 17.5, multivar variator, and K&N pod filter. @jixaw has been helping me immensely with all of the problems I’ve run into. Im currently running a 104 jet and my needle clip is 3rd notch from the top. Everything seems fine except for WOT which bogs down the bike. I went up and down a lot in main jet sizes to see if it would do anything and not much changed. Any ideas on what I could try.
Sup brother! Got the same Vespa as yours, but recently swapped a 150 from an ET4!! But before that I played quiet a lot with my ET2 which had the same setup as yours, I install a Pinasco sport cylinder and tried the stock carb Weber 12mm then tried the Polini CP 19mm and the 17.5 and you won’t believe me but after trying everything, pod filter, conic filter, stock filter, bunch of Jets, and was having kinda the same issue as yours… believe it or not the best set up in my case, was the Weber 12mm with a 76 main jet and the stock filter without the foam inside… that gave me the best performance I ever experienced on that little engine! I have a video I haven’t edit about all theses carb test!
2001 Vespa et2
Sat May 01, 2021 5:12 pm quote
I gotta make the carb work! As it is the bike is super fast with great torque so its fine to ride it. But it's going to irk me.
gts 300
Sun May 02, 2021 4:12 am quote
Been years since I've hot-rodded the two stroke scoots, but I still remember a few things....

Many tunesr find it difficult to tune with pod filters. Go back to the stock airbox and tune from there. Quieter, too.

I would put in a "big" main jet. If it bogs on take off, keep going down in size until it smooths out. Then tune your midrange with the needle clip.

My Derbi Atlantis has the same engine as the ET2. With the Dellorto 17.5, and a DR kit it is a real ripper!

Good Luck!
2001 Vespa et2
Sun May 02, 2021 9:12 am quote
So I think the air filter was not on securely enough and the engine is getting too much air. I need a reducing adapter for my pod filter to fit the carb does anyone know what those sizes would be or what adapter would work?
  DoubleGood Vespa T-Shirts  
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
[ Time: 0.0301s ][ Queries: 23 (0.0139s) ][ Debug on ][ Thing Two ]